Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trumps mocks McCain for being a POW
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/trump-attacks-mccain-i-like-people-who-werent-captured-120317.html

Speaking at an event in Ames, Trump said “He’s not a war hero. He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.” As the story points out, McCain spent five and a half years as a prisoner in Vietnam where he was repeatedly tortured. He still has medical issues to this day from his time there.

Trump spent those same years getting deferments to avoid the war. This puts him in an interesting position where he apparently has the authority to criticize others who did serve.

McCain previously criticized Trump by saying that he has mobilized the crazies. Jeb, Jindal, and Perry have already come out in defense of McCain and criticized Trump.

He was polling very well too. Let's see how this affects his numbers with a base that holds veterans above most groups.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Mccain isnt popular so it will be interesting to see how this hits him.
(07-18-2015, 04:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Mccain isnt popular so it will be interesting to see how this hits him.

I don't care how popular someone is, mocking them for being tortured as a POW should earn swift and intense rebuke from anyone who's not a complete piece of shit.
There are a lot of things to Mock McCain for. His time as POW certainly isn't one of them. If I recall correctly, McCain even refused to be let out early because of his status as the son of an Admiral.

I hope that this presidential run is just the latest thing to bankrupt Trump. Polls at this stage are bullcrap, and there is no way I see him doing anything short of making a bigger ass out of himself.
He might be less qualified to serve in the role of Commander-in-Chief than the guy currently occupying the position.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-18-2015, 04:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He might be less qualified to serve in the role of Commander-in-Chief than the guy currently occupying the position.

We haven't had a President with real military experience since Bush Sr. A lot of politicians who got out of going to Vietnam. With 25 Iraq/Afghanistan vets in Congress right now, we'll probably start seeing candidates with real C-i-C qualifications between 2020-2028
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-18-2015, 04:12 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't care how popular someone is, mocking them for being tortured as a POW should earn swift and intense rebuke from anyone who's not a complete piece of shit.

Yes, it should.
(07-18-2015, 04:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He might be less qualified to serve in the role of Commander-in-Chief than the guy currently occupying the position.

He might?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Thank God Trump did another something stupid. He was getting way to popular and had me scared he was going to make a run for the nomination. I like Trump the business man but I would not like Trump the President and I dislike Hilary the President even more. If Trump gets the nomination, Hilary is pretty much garenteed to be President.

Only problem is that attention spans are very small in the United States and "SQUIRREL!!!"
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(07-18-2015, 04:12 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't care how popular someone is, mocking them for being tortured as a POW should earn swift and intense rebuke from anyone who's not a complete piece of shit.

Well based on Trump's twitter feed and Facebook page there are a LOT of complete pieces of shit in this world.

Its a damn shame.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-18-2015, 05:29 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: We haven't had a President with real military experience since Bush Sr. A lot of politicians who got out of going to Vietnam. With 25 Iraq/Afghanistan vets in Congress right now, we'll probably start seeing candidates with real C-i-C qualifications between 2020-2028

I posted the same story here.

Along with this little gem:

Quote:Despite Donald Trump’s claim this week that he avoided serving in the Vietnam War solely due to a high draft number, Selective Service records show that the purported presidential aspirant actually received a series of student deferments while in college and then topped those off with a medical deferment after graduation that helped spare him from fighting for his country, The Smoking Gun has learned.

During a TV interview Tuesday morning, Trump--who spent his high school years enrolled at the New York Military Academy--said, “I actually got lucky because I had a very high draft number. I’ll never forget, that was an amazing period of time in my life.”

He went on to recall, “I was going to the Wharton School of Finance, and I was watching as they did the draft numbers and I got a very, very high number and those numbers never got up to.” The word “deferment” was not mentioned by Trump during his chat with the morning show hosts on WNYW, the Fox affiliate in New York City.

However, Selective Service records reveal that Trump, the fortunate son of a multimillionaire real estate baron, took repeated steps to avoid serving in Vietnam.

By the time his number (356) was drawn during the December 1, 1969 draft lottery, Trump had already received four student deferments and a medical deferment, according to military records on file with the National Archives and Records Administration. An extract of Trump’s Selective Classification record, seen here, was provided in response to a TSG records request.

In fact, the December 1969 draft lottery occurred about 18 months after Trump graduated from the University of Pennsylvania, where he studied business at the Wharton School. So, while claiming that he would “never forget” being at Wharton watching the draft numbers being drawn, the 64-year-old Trump seems to have misremembered, as candidates are fond of saying.

I can't wait for the debates! ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-18-2015, 06:17 PM)jason Wrote: He might?

might not?

Trump is trumping himself. First the Mexican comment, and now this. And this was dumb, because there was nothing to gain by saying it yet turning off a ton of Americans let alone the Repub voting base. He needs to just hang it up now after these two massive blunders early in his campaign.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(07-18-2015, 08:56 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Trump is trumping himself. First the Mexican comment, and now this. And this was dumb, because there was nothing to gain by saying it yet turning off a ton of Americans let alone the Repub voting base. He needs to just hang it up now after these two massive blunders early in his campaign.

Trump has way too much pride and ego to concede defeat this early on. He has the money to go as long as he wants.
[Image: Bch_OOih_CIAARIjw_jpg_large.jpg]

LOL

Trump could have been waving a French flag and it would have elicited this response from you.
These will be the best debates ever aired on television with trump.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(07-18-2015, 07:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well based on Trump's twitter feed and Facebook page there are a LOT of complete pieces of shit in this world.

Its a damn shame.

This is an undeniable truth.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(07-19-2015, 12:16 AM)Benton Wrote: LOL

Trump could have been waving a French flag and it would have elicited this response from you.

Or he could have suggested that Vets pays for their own insurance, instituted furloughs and sequestration, and saluted with a coffe cup in his hand.

In case you were unaware; the current CiC is not a huge hit with his Soldiers and DA Civilians.

(07-19-2015, 12:24 AM)6andcounting Wrote: These will be the best debates ever aired on television with trump.

I think he is going straight after bush, Rubio, and walker.

Christie will try and force an argument with him.
LOL