Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trumps wall
Not sure who is right and who is wrong, but both have to work off of estimates:
Emergency Room and free clinic visits account for about $4.2B during 2012, according to CIS.
Illegals at all levels of Government account for about $10.7B during 2008, according to CNN.

So Yea, I guess it's not affecting our Healthcare Insurance rates.

I've already listed one option as a means to pay for the wall.
charging a tax on all outgoing remittances. (10% would bring $22B annually)
Here's some more:
$2 border crossing fee for peds/passengers (would raise about $400 mill annually)
20% Border adjustment (VAT) on Imports (Mexico can't complain, they have one too). Would raise $13B annually.

Just wanting to kick start some stuff before the weekend, since I'm not usually on here during the weekends.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-27-2017, 05:06 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Not sure who is right and who is wrong, but both have to work off of estimates:
Emergency Room and free clinic visits account for about $4.2B during 2012, according to CIS.
Illegals at all levels of Government account for about $10.7B during 2008, according to CNN.

So Yea, I guess it's not affecting our Healthcare Insurance rates.

I've already listed one option as a means to pay for the wall.
charging a tax on all outgoing remittances. (10% would bring $22B annually)
Here's some more:
$2 border crossing fee for peds/passengers (would raise about $400 mill annually)
20% Border adjustment (VAT) on Imports (Mexico can't complain, they have one too). Would raise $13B annually.

Just wanting to kick start some stuff before the weekend, since I'm not usually on here during the weekends.

Remittances to Mexico are $220 billion a year?
(01-27-2017, 06:40 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Remittances to Mexico are $220 billion a year?

think he's off a decimal.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/25/news/economy/mexico-remittances-trump/

globally, Mexicans receive about 24 billion from workers in other countries. Mostly us.

that would pretty much wipe out restaurants and Ag producers. Unless people want to start paying $20 for a head of lettuce.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]