Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tua's agent: "I hoping Cincy falls in love with Joe Burrow."
According to the Cincinnati Enquirer: Tua Tagovailoa's agent, Leigh Steinberg, was asked about how he and his client felt about potentially going number 1 overall.

“You want to make sure that your client ends up with a good organization....I’m hoping Cincy falls in love with Joe Burrow."

Steinberg was the agent for two 1st round quarterbacks that Bengals fans will be very familiar with David Klingler and Akili Smith.

Infamously he was caught on camera when the Bengals drafted Klingler saying, “Oh my God, Mike Brown.”

Later on tweeter he said he was only joking about how he and Tua Tagovailoa felt about potentially going to the Bengals.

Nevertheless, it seems that while Burrow would love to be drafted by a team from his home State and play for his local team or any team that is willing to pay him and has recently been seen hanging out with Bengals.

Tua Tagovailoa might not feel so hot about being picked by the Bengals.

While the Bengals weren't likely to select an injured Tua anyway, it seems like he potentially would of pulled an Eli on the Bengals.

It certainly highlights how certain agents might talk down the Bengals franchise and keep free agents from potentially wanting to come play for the Bengals.

Not that were known as big free agency players anyway.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Love reading stuff like this. I hope mike brown knows how agents and players feel about playing here and maybe juuuuuust maybe mike brown will allow himself to be humbled and make some changes to his unsuccessful approach over and over again.
Reply/Quote
We don’t want your glass QB anyway.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Now I want us to play whichever team he goes to and beat them and knock them out of the playoffs or if by some miracle we make it to the playoffs we end up facing them and we win.
Reply/Quote
I think it’s funny his agent thinks even the Bengals would be stupid enough to take Tua 1st overall.

He’s just salty because all of Tua’s injuries have cost them millions of dollars.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 01:01 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Love reading stuff like this.  I hope mike brown knows how agents and players feel about playing here and maybe juuuuuust maybe mike brown will allow himself to be humbled and make some changes to his unsuccessful approach over and over again.

He does know how agents feel about him. He doesn't care.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 01:01 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Love reading stuff like this.  I hope mike brown knows how agents and players feel about playing here and maybe juuuuuust maybe mike brown will allow himself to be humbled and make some changes to his unsuccessful approach over and over again.
WhoDey2 Or better yet, MB gets pissed off and says "Is that right Leigh? Watch this. Then goes out and puts a talent laden team around Burrow...

(01-31-2020, 01:33 AM)Brandon00151 Wrote: Now I want us to play whichever team he goes to and beat them and knock them out of the playoffs or if by some miracle we make it to the playoffs we end up facing them and we win.
WhoDey2 Proving just like the SEC, Tua couldn't beat Burrow...  
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote

I had the dishonor of meeting Steinberg up in Newport Beach at an event one time. You want to talk about somebody that needs to be humbled? I talked to the guy for about 5 minutes, within the first 5 seconds, I wanted to toss him off the veranda... As for Tua, I'm not sure he will be able to read NFL defenses.
Reply/Quote
1- Crafty by Steinberg. Tua's stock is falling fast. He's gone from a consensus first overall to potentially being 'that guy' on draft day. You know him. The guy ESPN keeps a camera on and every 2:36 minutes says "Where will [That Guy] play next season?" With Tua it's because of the injury.

Steinberg lessened the fallout of the coverage by preemptively saying "Oh, great, we didn't want to go there, anyway."

But it's still coming. I know everyone is penciling him in to Miami, but I honestly can't imagine a team taking him that high. He's likely going to be the Bob Sanders of quarterbacks: great when you've got him, but only as good as his backup.

2- Good. On the remote chance we were looking at drafting yet another guy in need of his own personal medical staff, I'm hoping this shut that consideration down.
Reply/Quote
Didn’t want anything to do with Tua before the injury, want him even less afterwards.
Reply/Quote
Not a very good agent then since Cincinnati for all it's faults does at least tend to keep QBs for a long time if they're good and they tend to get paid rather well. Andy Dalton could retire right now, adopt 50 kids and never have to work another day his entire life. Yeah, brilliant on Tua's agent's part..steer your client toward Cleveland, the grave yard of QB's instead!
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'm fairly certain that some of you would pull your grandma up by the hair, if she slipped on ice.
I can't stand Bama/Bama Fan, but that kid is legit.

His injuries are the issue, and that is all.
Reply/Quote
Screw you Steinberg. All you're doing is trying to keep your broken down Quarterback relevant enough to get drafted as high as possible. While that is your job, no need to be cheap shotting any organization. Bengals will pay Burrow very well. I hope your guy goes to Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 09:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Screw you Steinberg. All you're doing is trying to keep your broken down Quarterback relevant enough to get drafted as high as possible. While that is your job, no need to be cheap shotting any organization. Bengals will pay Burrow very well. I hope your guy goes to Cleveland.

Cleveland is a mess. I'm not sure why Cincy or Cleveland should still exist as NFL organizations based on their performance. Seems like owners in another city could likely do better.
Reply/Quote
Tua would make a decent 2nd or 3rd string QB down the line - should he get drafted.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 08:59 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I'm fairly certain that some of you would pull your grandma up by the hair, if she slipped on ice.
I can't stand Bama/Bama Fan, but that kid is legit.

His injuries are the issue, and that is all.

Well no shit. But having multiple surgeries before even entering the NFL is a BIG deal.

If Tua wasn’t injured so much it would be an interesting debate between him an Burrow, but that’s not what happened.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 09:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well no shit. But having multiple surgeries before even entering the NFL is a BIG deal.

If Tua wasn’t injured so much it would be an interesting debate between him an Burrow, but that’s not what happened.

I've never understood that line of thinking. I have zero care about what school a player comes from when considering him for the draft, way, way, less than none !!!!

I hate Michigan with a passion but it means nothing to me if the Bengals draft a Michigan player. Draft the entire team if they're that good and I'll love every one of them as Bengals.

I would not draft Tua in the 1st round, period. But it's because of his injury history not what school he played for.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 09:31 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've never understood that line of thinking. I have zero care about what school a player comes from when considering him for the draft, way, way, less than none !!!!

I hate Michigan with a passion but it means nothing to me if the Bengals draft a Michigan player. Draft the entire team if they're that good and I'll love every one of them as Bengals.

I would not draft Tua in the 1st round, period. But it's because of his injury history not what school he played for.

I can understand Miami taking him. With 2 other 1st round picks even if Tua is a bust they’ll probably get a good player on day one.

Now us? No effing way! We don’t have the luxury of gambling on a potential injury case. If Burrow hadn’t lit it up this year (or was pulling an Eli) I’d want Chase Young.

Reply/Quote
Tua's lucky to still be in the conversation as a first round pick, much less #1 overall.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Tua Is going to run on the field and break his throwing arm.

I didnt want tua.
Reply/Quote