Poll: Who is the first weekly turd of the day?
Dalton
Ogbuehi
Bodine
Zietler
Shawn Williams
Iloka
Pacman
Kirkpatrick
Dansby
Guenther
Nugent
Other
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turd of the day
While listening to several people in the gameday thread call people turds I decided to make a new weekly "Turd of the day" thread, much like the gameball thread. This week there are MANY in contention for this shitty award. The whole secondary and right side of the line are included.

Also on the ballot are:

Dansby (continues to show his age)
Dalton (with his worst game in quite some time)
Guenther (the whole defense was pathetic)
Nuge (missed a 51 yarder and it wasn't even close, missed XP)

I don't think certain players on here necessarily should be but included as many poor performers as I could think of. I also included an other option for write ins
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dalton hands down. We were still in position to win it when he fumbled.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 02:58 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Dalton hands down. We were still in position to win it when he fumbled.

Never woulda went into OT if Nugent makes a PAT.

Like blaming the playoff loss on Burfict even though all Hill had to do was hold onto the ball and they win.

Lotta turds to choose from, though. Dalton wasn't good, but he wasn't Nugent. Guenther gets an honorary mention for how poor the defense tackled and how much cushion they gave.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Nugget needs to go.
Reply/Quote
Nugent by far. Missed field goal and extra point. Bengals need to consider a change. He gets paid to make them.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Andy didn't play his best. Nugent needs to go. Pass rush was horrendous, and the coverage seemed really soft which may have been the result of the invisible pass rush.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:01 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Nugent by far. Missed field goal and extra point. Bengals need to consider a change. He gets paid to make them.

Yep but they'll make excuses for him... it was the field, the ball kicks different overseas, he thought he saw the queen in the stands, he's usually reliable, etc.
Reply/Quote
Tie between Dalton and Nugent.

I expect this crap from Nugent, but Dalton has been solid for over a year. He played like it was a Primetime game in 2013. It wasn't nice to see...

But if Nugent manages to squeak in that XP (because evidently that's all he can do these days) Dalton's plethora of piss poor throws don't lose this game.
Reply/Quote
Where's Vontaze Burfict on this list? He missed lots of tackles and he's playing heavy and slow. It's like watching Rey Maualuga wearing a #55 jersey.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Never woulda went into OT if Nugent makes a PAT.

Like blaming the playoff loss on Burfict even though all Hill had to do was hold onto the ball and they win.

Lotta turds to choose from, though. Dalton wasn't good, but he wasn't Nugent. Guenther gets an honorary mention for how poor the defense tackled and how much cushion they gave.

Maybe if Andy didn't throw that redzone int we wouldn't be in overtime either.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Never woulda went into OT if Nugent makes a PAT.

Lots of people blaming Nugent, and I agree, kickers should absolutely nail PATs.

However, if he did get it then we have the Redskins in 4th and 10 from the 22 yard line needing a TD rather than being able to kick the 3 points and hope for OT.  I wouldn't bet on our "D" in that spot after the way they had played all game.
Reply/Quote
Guenther couldn't get Sacks when the QB throws 56 times? Third down 8-17? How can he Still have a job after this game.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
If Nugent accepts his game check tomorrow he should be led out of the facility in handcuffs on the charge of theft.
Reply/Quote
The entire defense was tackling horribly today if you call it tackling. I saw so many missed tackles. Marvin needs to address this or he should be gone.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Defensive coaching staff.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:04 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Maybe if Andy didn't throw that redzone int we wouldn't be in overtime either.

64.3% Completion
284 Yards
6.8 YPA
1 TD/1 INT
81.8 QB Rating
4 Rushes/21 Yards
1 Rushing TD/1 Fumble

Dalton wasn't good by any means, but lets not pretend he was a dumpster fire. There are plenty of points in the game where Dalton at least made some good plays even if overall he was off.

Meanwhile Nugent was 0-1 on FG, and 3-4 on PAT. Even the made PATs were mostly scary.

Dalton was bad today compared to us holding him to a 100+ QB Rating/0 Turnovers standard. Nugent was bad today compared to us holding him to a bad kicker standard.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 64.3% Completion
284 Yards
6.8 YPA
1 TD/1 INT
81.8 QB Rating
4 Rushes/21 Yards
1 Rushing TD/1 Fumble

Dalton wasn't good by any means, but lets not pretend he was a dumpster fire. There are plenty of points in the game where Dalton at least made some good plays even if overall he was off.

Meanwhile Nugent was 0-1 on FG, and 3-4 on PAT. Even the made PATs were mostly scary.

Yep I think he struggled more than he has in a while but was still plenty good enough to win. If this is his new floor we're in good shape. Defense, kicking, not so much 
Reply/Quote
Shawn williams. Has ever done anything productive. Gives up tds every week
Reply/Quote
looks like nuge is running away with this one. lol
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 64.3% Completion
284 Yards
6.8 YPA
1 TD/1 INT
81.8 QB Rating
4 Rushes/21 Yards
1 Rushing TD/1 Fumble

Dalton was bad today compared to us holding him to a 100+ QB Rating/0 Turnovers standard. Nugent was bad today compared to us holding him to a bad kicker standard.

When it counted was all that matters. He made a lot of good plays today. Unfortunately he made 2 that probably cost us the game. The redzone int and the fumble with only a minute left in OT while driving.
Reply/Quote