Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Unpopular opinions/Hot takes
Throw out your hot takes or unpopular opinions. I'll throw out a few to get us started:

1. Willie Anderson > Whitworth.

2. After the season Herbert just had, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little fearful that he may wind up being even better than Burrow.

3. Skyline is superior to Goldstar in everything except variety on the menu.

4. After the breakout year by Higgins, I don't think WR is really a need, and I'd probably pass on Chase, even if Sewell is gone. I don't like the thought of taking a 6' WR that high anyway. I'd consider trading back and nabbing a different lineman or a TE.

So what's your hot take or unpopular opinion?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'll play along....

1: Zac Taylor has had genuinely bad luck. I can't reasonably point to a pattern of poor head coaching decisions that would come down to him making that has lead to losses and I can genuinely see improvements over Marvin coached team. The players have let him down much more often than not.

2: Mike Brown gives his coaches a lot more of what they ask for than he gets credit for. He just refuses to throw them under the bus like other owners.

3: Mellow Yellow is the champagne of pop.

4: Duncan Donuts is trash... all of it.

5: Arby's had the best fast food breakfast, HANDS DOWN.
Reply/Quote
Gio and Mixon's attitudes make me less upset that they're overpaid.

I like Mixon's fire and Gio's toughness and positivity.

It doesn't show in ypc or TDs, but damn it, I like them in stripes.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 11:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Throw out your hot takes or unpopular opinions. I'll throw out a few to get us started:

Who the heck would consider Skyline being better than Goldstar an unpopular opinion? Literally anyone with a brain and working taste buds knows this. 
Reply/Quote
1. Gio continues to be overrated by our fan base (some people actually think he’s better than Mixon or could be a true #1 on a good team). I think at least some of it is how likable he is. Kind of similar to Andy.

2. Elite weapons are every bit as important as the trenches in the modern NFL. Just look at the teams left in the playoffs.

3. Palmer was a better QB than Dalton.

4. Dunlap does not deserve all the hate he got. It’s shocking to me that people still side with the team time after time with this stuff.

5. Geno has not been a top player for at least a couple years now. It’s not just the shoulder injury. We absolutely need to get out of that contract.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The fact that Mike Brown wanted Drew Brees blows me away.

Kevin Zeitler was far from being the next Max Montoya, no matter how much his perceived value was.

Carlos Dunlap ultimately proved that he is who people thought he was, coming out of college.

Corey Dillon just needed to feel appreciated.

Collinsworth was overrated.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 11:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Throw out your hot takes or unpopular opinions. I'll throw out a few to get us started:

2. After the season Herbert just had, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little fearful that he may wind up being even better than Burrow.

4. After the breakout year by Higgins, I don't think WR is really a need, and I'd probably pass on Chase, even if Sewell is gone. I don't like the thought of taking a 6' WR that high anyway. I'd consider trading back and nabbing a different lineman or a TE.

That's far from a hot take.  Willie was the 2nd best OT we ever had, and it's really not even close. 
Reply/Quote
Jonah Williams should stay at LT

White tops, black bottoms is our best uniform

Our dline is worse than our oline

Natty Light is the best beer ever...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 12:22 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: That's far from a hot take.  Willie was the 2nd best OT we ever had, and it's really not even close. 

It’s absolutely close. Whit was an All Pro, and arguably the 2nd best LT (after Joe Thomas) in the league for years.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 12:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s absolutely close. Whit was a 2x 1st team All Pro, and arguably the 2nd best LT (after Joe Thomas) in the league for years.

No, it's really not.  Willie was the total package.  He shut down everyone that he faced.  I think he gave up 10 sacks in his career.  He was a truck as a run blocker.

I'll never forget the game he dominated Reggie White.  The guy was on another level.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 12:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 1. Gio continues to be overrated by our fan base (some people actually think he’s better than Mixon or could be a true #1 on a good team). I think at least some of it is how likable he is. Kind of similar to Andy.

2. Elite weapons are every bit as important as the trenches in the modern NFL. Just look at the teams left in the playoffs.

4. Dunlap does not deserve all the hate he got. It’s shocking to me that people still side with the team time after time with this stuff.

5. Geno has not been a top player for at least a couple years now. It’s not just the shoulder injury. We absolutely need to get out of that contract.

Is Carson being better than Andy a hot take? I don’t think it is particularly close.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 12:32 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Is Carson being better than Andy a hot take? I don’t think it is particularly close.

On this board? Absolutely.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 12:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 1. Gio continues to be overrated by our fan base (some people actually think he’s better than Mixon or could be a true #1 on a good team). I think at least some of it is how likable he is. Kind of similar to Andy.

Never knew this was an unpopular opinion. Talent wise, Palmers ceiling was WAY higher than AD. AD had a far superior team every year up until after 2015. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 12:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 1. Gio continues to be overrated by our fan base (some people actually think he’s better than Mixon or could be a true #1 on a good team). I think at least some of it is how likable he is. Kind of similar to Andy.

1.  He's a legit 3rd down back who can step in and start.  He's not overrated.
2.  Not sure on this one, those teams have 4 of the best O-lines in the game.
3.  Palmer was easily a better QB.
4.  Dunlap deserves the hate.  HE acted like a baby and NONE of the players sided with him.  I appreciate all he did here, but the way he forced himself out was a disgrace to his legacy here.
5.  Agree.
Reply/Quote
It appears that suggesting CP9 was a better QB than AD14 is an unpopular opinion is an unpopular opinion.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 12:31 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: No, it's really not.  Willie was the total package.  He shut down everyone that he faced.  I think he gave up 10 sacks in his career.  He was a truck as a run blocker.

I'll never forget the game he dominated Reggie White.  The guy was on another level.

No one is denying Willie was better. It’s the “not even close” part I take issue with. It’s just not true. There is not some huge gap between Willie and Whit.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 12:35 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: 1.  He's a legit 3rd down back who can step in and start.  He's not overrated.
2.  Not sure on this one, those teams have 4 of the best O-lines in the game.
3.  Palmer was easily a better QB.
4.  Dunlap deserves the hate.  HE acted like a baby and NONE of the players sided with him.  I appreciate all he did here, but the way he forced himself out was a disgrace to his legacy here.
5.  Agree.

1. When people are claiming Gio is better than Mixon then he’s overrated. Not sure how stating his actual role on the team disproves that...

2. You must not have read what I wrote very carefully. And this is a thing folks on this board tend to do when discussing trenches vs skill positions. I did not say OL is not vital did I? Or that’s it’s less important. I said elite weapons are as important in today’s NFL. The 4 teams left also have some of the best WR’s and TE’s in the game. Kelce, Hill, Gronk, Evans, Godwin, Diggs, Adams, etc. That’s why I don’t understand when people say things like “Burrow doesn’t need elite weapons.” Ofc he does.

4. Yes other players did side with Dunlap. Or at the very least take similar stances. Several of them were outspoken about the toxic locker room, lack of communication, wasting talent, etc. There was clearly a problem with multiple players on the defense this season, and it largely stemmed from Lou Anarumo.

Reply/Quote
I fear this is not going the way the OP wanted.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 11:28 PM)PDub80 Wrote: 3: Mellow Yellow is the champagne of pop.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Reply/Quote

I thought you said it was a hot take/unpopular opinion thread?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote