Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS***
(11-12-2017, 02:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Thank you. I get if Shiva has been trained to not see anyone in the Kingdom's armor as an enemy, but when she's set loose, how does she only go after Saviors?

And, no offense to anyone, but they don't have to be gay in some lame attempt to be more tragic.

Truthfully, if you want to have a big impact, show a dad hugging his kid goodbye (gay or straight doesn't matter) for the last time.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:22 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: And, no offense to anyone, but they don't have to be gay in some lame attempt to be more tragic.

Truthfully, if you want to have a big impact, show a dad hugging his kid goodbye (gay or straight doesn't matter) for the last time.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that it's more tragic. Aaron is a bigger character in the comics. They're drawing on the comic despite not building up their relationship as they did in the comics. The two of them are the recruiters, with Aaron going in to talk to groups and Eric hiding in the distance, gun ready. There's a point where Eric is stabbed while they try to recruit people, so the dangerous aspect of their job always weighed on their relationship.

So it seems out of place since this isn't clear in the show, but I guess they're ready to give Aaron his due and focus on him as a character.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:22 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: And, no offense to anyone, but they don't have to be gay in some lame attempt to be more tragic.

Well theres not a lot of Love relationships or father son mother daughter releations left in the walking dead to play with or destroy.

Why are you upset that the lovers who had a tragic death happened to be gay in this scene?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 11:29 AM)hollodero Wrote: How does the tiger strolling around on the battlefield know who's an ally and who's an enemy? I do know that doesn't make the top 100 of illogical things but it really bothers me.

I think she just protects the king... He was her zoo keeper and they are friends..

Horrible way to lose the tiger but it was gonna happen. it sacrificed itself to save its friend... touching moment
Reply/Quote
A fairly good episode, apart from the weird young Jeffrey Dahmer. They really need to stop it with these Savior caricatures.

When they're normal, like Morales, you question the narrative. When they look like they diddle people and jerk off to Sears catalogs, you're set on it being good vs evil.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 11:08 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Why are you upset that the lovers who had a tragic death happened to be gay in this scene?

Because the sexual orientation doesn't matter, but it seemed to be almost the only thing that carried that scene.  All seemed very forced to me. Been so long since I've even seen them together I thought he had already died.

Bad writing and execution, plain and simple.  They often try to be artsy or dramatic but fail miserably in the lead-up to those scenes.  Says a lot that we've seen more of and probably cared more about the death of a CGI tiger (and not saying it wasn't almost more comedic than tragic).

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 04:05 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Because the sexual orientation doesn't matter, but it seemed to be almost the only thing that carried that scene.  All seemed very forced to me. Been so long since I've even seen them together I thought he had already died.

Bad writing and execution, plain and simple.  They often try to be artsy or dramatic but fail miserably in the lead-up to those scenes.  Says a lot that we've seen more of and probably cared more about the death of a CGI tiger (and not saying it wasn't almost more comedic than tragic).

All seemed very forced to me.  = Bad Acting

It wasn't a great scene but it fit where it was do to what happened.  it was a character we werent much vested in that died.. But we have come to know the Character being left behind. 

For the tiger you knew it was coming... If not for the comics(I haven't read) then for the plain fact they didn't want to use CGI budget on it... which we can tell is true by all the piss poor uses of the tiger so far.  (same thing in the Game of Thrones...    but at least they killed the tiger off instead of letting it live in a plot hole Like where was it when the 50 cal was singing...)
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 04:05 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Because the sexual orientation doesn't matter, but it seemed to be almost the only thing that carried that scene.  All seemed very forced to me. Been so long since I've even seen them together I thought he had already died.

The relationship itself, gay aside, is what was suppose to carry that scene. Definitely a failure of leading up to it, and it has a lot to do with them ignoring side characters over their show side characters while simultaneously trying to keep major plot points. 

Reply/Quote
Thousands of people die and as usual the tiger dying feels worse although it seems the zombies overpowered her a little too easily.

Are actors paid by the episode? If so Negan (can’t remember actors name)may be going broke.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 11:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Thousands of people die and as usual the tiger dying feels worse although it seems the zombies overpowered her a little too easily.

Are actors paid by the episode? If so Negan (can’t remember actors name)may be going broke.

nah Jeffery Dean Morgan was just on Ride with Reedus...   so hes got money coming in...  Plus hes the coolest dude on the show lol.  And yes most actors are paid per episode they are in Walking dead could be different due to how they structure things.

And we got to know the tiger more than any of the cannon fodder that died on the fields.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 11:05 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: nah Jeffery Dean Morgan was just on Ride with Reedus...   so hes got money coming in...  Plus hes the coolest dude on the show lol.  And yes most actors are paid per episode they are in Walking dead could be different due to how they structure things.

And we got to know the tiger more than any of the cannon fodder that died on the fields.

Well damn they are really drawing the return to sanctuary out...     Hopefully this Sunday.   Also some main characters need to go...   Losing extras as fodder isn't as entertaining.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 02:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well damn they are really drawing the return to sanctuary out...     Hopefully this Sunday.  

Gotta stretch it to 8 episodes

Quote: Also some main characters need to go...   Losing extras as fodder isn't as entertaining.

Kirkman's flaw is making character too safe for stretches of time 

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 05:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote:  All seemed very forced to me.  = Bad Acting

Cool....we're on the same page.

Although, I'd argue it's more bad writing than bad acting.  Aaron is actually one of the best actors on the show (and that's a small group).

The show suffers because it's bad writing for a lot of bad actors.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 08:26 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Gotta stretch it to 8 episodes

Kirkman's flaw is making character too safe for stretches of time 

I was gonna guess mid season finale but didn't want to be that guy... but looks like that's what it is...

We don't know how many the saviours started with but Ricks crew has at most 2/3rds strength left and the dummy is going back to ask the trash crew for help... I hope they take the rest of his guns and throw him back in the pit.      They already stabbed you in the back once and you wanna hand them a bigger knife.

Rick fits this quote
"Do you know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed"
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 02:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I was gonna guess mid season finale but didn't want to be that guy... but looks like that's what it is...

We don't know how many the saviours started with but Ricks crew has at most 2/3rds strength left and the dummy is going back to ask the trash crew for help... I hope they take the rest of his guns and throw him back in the pit.      They already stabbed you in the back once and you wanna hand them a bigger knife.

Rick fits this quote
"Do you know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed"

I didn't watch yet but I saw them post about it on the Facebook page. Sooooo dumb. The garbage crew personify everything wrong with the show. 

Reply/Quote
Just in case anyone in this thread cares.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/apos-fear-walking-dead-apos-230331764.html

The 'Fear The Walking Dead' And 'The Walking Dead' Crossover Theory Has Basically Been Confirmed

[Image: 9d00b20c3669492f7ecc64031a696473]

Clearly, Fear the Walking Dead is aiming to gain back some of the viewers it’s lost over the last three seasons, and the addition of Elfman (a veteran sitcom actress) and Dillahunt (a veteran and beloved character actor) should help immensely, not to mention the fact that the third season (especially the back eight) was as good as this season of The Walking Dead has been. I also expect that the addition of Eflman and Dillahunt will mean at least a couple of the characters whose lives hung in the balance at the end of the third season won’t make it to the fourth.

Not for nothing, but with the addition of the new showrunners Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg and a cast that could potentially include Dillahunt, Elfman, Kim Dickens, James Le Gros, and Ray Dickens, I am legitimately stoked about what’s in store for season four.

One other thing that we know about season four is that it will be set in Texas. AMC announced that despite what departing Fear the Walking Dead showrunner suggested at the end of season three, the show will move to Texas, about 1500 miles away from where it is currently set on the California and Mexico border. Erickson previously had stated that the talk of moving to Houston by the villainous character played by Ray McKinnon in the finale was a “happy coincidence.” That seems to suggest that Ray McKinnon will return for the fourth season (and he has the potential to be an amazing long-term villain), but it also seems to confirm the theory that Michael Cudlitz’s Abraham from The Walking Dead will be crossing over into Fear the Walking Dead.

Recall that Eugene had stumbled upon Abraham in Houston and saved Abraham from killing himself after Abraham had killed four men responsible for the rape of his wife (Abraham’s family was so distraught by the violence that Abraham unleashed that they fled, but were devoured by zombies). At the time of his wife’s rape, Abraham was holed up in a grocery store with friends, and it’s not impossible to imagine that those friends might be Fear the Walking Dead characters. It’s also not hard to imagine that the crossover appearance my be more than a one-off appearance in an episode. Abraham could potentially become a part of Fear’s cast, and Fear could act as a sort of an Abraham prequel.

Plus, if Abraham and Eugene traveled all the way from Houston to Virginia, it’s not out of the question to imagine that the Fear the Walking Dead characters eventually make their way to Alexandria, too. There’s even some speculation, far fetched though it may be, that Madison Clark could be the leader of the Whisperers, the next major group of villains that Rick and Co. face on The Walking Dead after the All Out War. Should AMC eventually decide to merge the two shows, they’ve certainly created an opportunity. With Elfman and Dillahunt and the much improved storylines, however, I am hopeful that Fear can eventually surpass the struggling The Walking Dead in terms of creative strength.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 11:14 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Just in case anyone in this thread cares.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/apos-fear-walking-dead-apos-230331764.html

The 'Fear The Walking Dead' And 'The Walking Dead' Crossover Theory Has Basically Been Confirmed

[Image: 9d00b20c3669492f7ecc64031a696473]

Clearly, Fear the Walking Dead is aiming to gain back some of the viewers it’s lost over the last three seasons, and the addition of Elfman (a veteran sitcom actress) and Dillahunt (a veteran and beloved character actor) should help immensely, not to mention the fact that the third season (especially the back eight) was as good as this season of The Walking Dead has been. I also expect that the addition of Eflman and Dillahunt will mean at least a couple of the characters whose lives hung in the balance at the end of the third season won’t make it to the fourth.

Not for nothing, but with the addition of the new showrunners Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg and a cast that could potentially include Dillahunt, Elfman, Kim Dickens, James Le Gros, and Ray Dickens, I am legitimately stoked about what’s in store for season four.

One other thing that we know about season four is that it will be set in Texas. AMC announced that despite what departing Fear the Walking Dead showrunner suggested at the end of season three, the show will move to Texas, about 1500 miles away from where it is currently set on the California and Mexico border. Erickson previously had stated that the talk of moving to Houston by the villainous character played by Ray McKinnon in the finale was a “happy coincidence.” That seems to suggest that Ray McKinnon will return for the fourth season (and he has the potential to be an amazing long-term villain), but it also seems to confirm the theory that Michael Cudlitz’s Abraham from The Walking Dead will be crossing over into Fear the Walking Dead.

Recall that Eugene had stumbled upon Abraham in Houston and saved Abraham from killing himself after Abraham had killed four men responsible for the rape of his wife (Abraham’s family was so distraught by the violence that Abraham unleashed that they fled, but were devoured by zombies). At the time of his wife’s rape, Abraham was holed up in a grocery store with friends, and it’s not impossible to imagine that those friends might be Fear the Walking Dead characters. It’s also not hard to imagine that the crossover appearance my be more than a one-off appearance in an episode. Abraham could potentially become a part of Fear’s cast, and Fear could act as a sort of an Abraham prequel.

Plus, if Abraham and Eugene traveled all the way from Houston to Virginia, it’s not out of the question to imagine that the Fear the Walking Dead characters eventually make their way to Alexandria, too. There’s even some speculation, far fetched though it may be, that Madison Clark could be the leader of the Whisperers, the next major group of villains that Rick and Co. face on The Walking Dead after the All Out War. Should AMC eventually decide to merge the two shows, they’ve certainly created an opportunity. With Elfman and Dillahunt and the much improved storylines, however, I am hopeful that Fear can eventually surpass the struggling The Walking Dead in terms of creative strength.

I love Garret Dillahunt. I might have to watch FTWD

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 10:53 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I love Garret Dillahunt. I might have to watch FTWD

Last season was really good.. If you haven't been watching...   Madison clark gotta go though
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 11:51 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Last season was really good.. If you haven't been watching...   Madison clark gotta go though

Why?

She's a lunatic and I like her.

Used to really hate her character and her husband(especially his stupid kid).

But her character changed and she got better.  The division of her and her addict son is interesting.

Now her daughter is annoying as crap. 

Always falling for dudes and getting sucked into traps.

I think Madison and Negan encountering/knowing each other could be a nice tie in with The Walking Dead.

She was guidance counselor and Negan was a teacher/gym teacher.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 10:53 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I love Garret Dillahunt. I might have to watch FTWD
I think adding him and Elfman will add some levity to the show at times.

You should have started watching before then.

It started slow but now is striding quite nicely.

I just hope changing hands at this time with show runners doesn't affect it.

Adding these two actors and perhaps adding another character like Abraham from TWD should make it interesting.

Like I said in another post.

I would love to see Madison and Negan know each other before the outbreak. 

That would make some great scenes if she knew his wife(Lucille)or encountered him as a ***** gym teacher.

Him being a ***** who bullies children and her being a counselor as a possibility.

Ruben Blades is the shining light of the show by the way.
Reply/Quote