Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
***Week 13 GameDay Thread - Chargers @ Bengals***
(12-05-2021, 06:38 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Of course Zac will be back. He’s more than doubled his wins from the first two seasons. That’s big success in Mike Brown’s mind. Zac’s bought himself at least two more years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2? Please. He’s on a lifetime contract now.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:37 PM)Housh Wrote: I’m starting to wonder if coaches teach pocket presence to young QBs. We could have 5 Anthony Munoz’s on our line and they’d give up sacks if Burrow is just gonna stand there. That sack strip Jonah gave up would not have happened if Burrow moved up like 1 1/2 steps. Dude just stood there. No lineman could keep a statue clean

That also happened last week, where he had a big and perfect pocket and one step forward for an easy TD pass but instead rolled out and got sacked. The mental mistakes have got to stop - "elite" and even "very good" QBs don't make them. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:38 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Of course Zac will be back. He’s more than doubled his wins from the first two seasons. That’s big success in Mike Brown’s mind. Zac’s bought himself at least two more years.

Any record less than 9-8 should result in firing.
Reply/Quote
Losing 2 lineman hurt. Chase drops a TD. mixon gifts a td coach loses points. Sorry performance.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:27 PM)Tony Wrote:  Bro, with all due respect. Herbert is better than Burrow at this point. He has all the measurable too

I was being diplomatic.  I got suspended, after getting called out for using the 'B' word and defending the right but showing how much it was used in the Cleveland game day thread.

I didn't want to piss anybody else off and get paddles by the principal again!!
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:37 PM)Housh Wrote: I’m starting to wonder if coaches teach pocket presence to young QBs. We could have 5 Anthony Munoz’s on our line and they’d give up sacks if Burrow is just gonna stand there. That sack strip Jonah gave up would not have happened if Burrow moved up like 1 1/2 steps. Dude just stood there. No lineman could keep a statue clean

I don't think his legs 100% now his finger is ******.. He's got grit that's for sure. He wouldn't come off the field at the end. You have to respect that.. I still say Herbert is better at this point in there careers..
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:45 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I was being diplomatic.  I got suspended, after getting called out for using the 'B' word and defending the right but showing how much it was used in the Cleveland game day thread.

I didn't want to piss anybody else off and get paddles by the principal again!!

Sorry Bro.. I'm a huge Burrow guy, but there is some growing to do for him yet..
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:43 PM)Joelist Wrote: Any record less than 9-8 should result in firing.

That’s funny. You must be new around here.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:22 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Well out of curiousity, what were you hoping for? Surely 7-5 is about as good as anybody thought we'd be right now? 

I don't think this team has suddenly turned the corner or anything, but I just can't understand why anyone would be that down on us right now. We could easily have continued last year's form and been sitting at 4-8 or some crap, but we're not. Nobody who knows the Bengals would've expected us at 9-3 or better.

I'd say the Chargers are about where we are... a bubble playoff team. Sure they beat us, but turnovers cost us that game, not a difference in talent.

That said, I personally think you'll be very entitled to feel miserable in 5 games time, as I don't see us winning many from here on.

All I can tell you is that I have been actively watching for 33 years.

I have seen many coaches and many players roll through here.  One thing has remained the same.......no playoffs wins.

This up and down that is attributed to rookies with great talent and players gelling etc, I have seen 5 times over.  

Always the same result.   It's always next year.  I'm tired of next effing year after 31 freakin seasons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
The bengals are like a mirage in the desert. Your dying of thirst, you see the water, but when you get there it’s gone. Then, you see the water again, and keep falling for it, over and over again.
Reply/Quote
It's the Bengal way. Lose key games and resist urge to go to playoffs. Zac Taylor has perfected the art of let down games away and home now. He is evolving.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:59 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: The bengals are like a mirage in the desert. Your dying of thirst, you see the water, but when you get there it’s gone. Then, you see the water again, and keep falling for it, over and over again.

That’s why I gave up my season tickets a few years ago (pre Zac) after more than 30 years. I’m done falling for it. I still cheer for the Bengals, but until they consistently start advancing in the playoffs, I expect them to disappoint. Today was no exception.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:51 PM)Tony Wrote: I don't think his legs 100% now his finger is ******.. He's got grit that's for sure. He wouldn't come off the field at the end. You have to respect that.. I still say Herbert is better at this point in there careers..

There is no objective argument to be made. Herbert is better. Stats, physical attributes, etc. He’s a better QB. Burrow isn’t some scrap heap slouch; he’s a good QB, but we really need to temper our expectations. The things that made him great in college, by and large, don’t work in the AFC North.

And anyone who wouldn’t switch the two right now, if given the choice, is either a helpless homer or a poor evaluator.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:07 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: There is no objective argument to be made. Herbert is better. Stats, physical attributes, etc. He’s a better QB. Burrow isn’t some scrap heap slouch; he’s a good QB, but we really need to temper our expectations. The things that made him great in college, by and large, don’t work in the AFC North.

And anyone who wouldn’t switch the two right now, if given the choice, is either a helpless homer or a poor evaluator.

I would like to see Burrow behind Herbert’s offensive line. That would be an interesting experiment.
Reply/Quote
Looks like UC has a chance for a playoff win before the bengals. who saw that coming at the beginning of the year.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:25 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Herbert is, at the very least, AS good as Burrow, if not a tad better.

I said it before, I don't think MB could have made a mistake going with either QB.

agree but trading back would have pulled in some major draft picks...  
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:13 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I would like to see Burrow behind Herbert’s offensive line.  That would be an interesting experiment.

Herbert was sacked a lot also.. and pressured.. one thing Herbert has that Burrow does not is size to get away from hit and Wow that Arm is a Cannon
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:33 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Herbert was sacked a lot also.. and pressured.. one thing Herbert has that Burrow does not is size to get away from hit and Wow that Arm is a Cannon

No one thought Joe Burrow had a rocket arm; he was known as a touch passer at LSU. There’s nothing wrong with this if it fits your offense.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:43 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: No one thought Joe Burrow had a rocket arm; he was known as a touch passer at LSU.  There’s nothing wrong with this if it fits your offense.

never said it was bad to have the attributes of Burrow, the point is with Herbert reminds you of a young Ben.. has guys on him still gets the pass off or can throw off his back foot and make plays.. i did not think he would be as effective as a runner but he is...
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 08:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: ...Herbert reminds you of a young Ben.. has guys on him still gets the pass off or can throw off his back foot and make plays.. i did not think he would be as effective as a runner but he is...

Behind a bad offensive line Justin Herbert would look like a bust. He’s good — and I agree with what you say — but he has a good team around him.
Reply/Quote