Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 3 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Eagles***
(09-27-2020, 06:16 PM)Joelist Wrote: Burrow looks good. So do Higgins, Boyd and Gio. Sample even has looked good.

That’s 4/53.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:11 PM)Joelist Wrote: No offense, but I think I could design a better offensive system than Taylor. 

The average baby could using the contents of their diaper.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
The offense is much better in hurry-up when there is no time for them to hudddle and call one of Zacs lame plays. Better off just letting Burrow read and react and not have those fake handoffs that don’t fake anyone because there’s no threat from the running game. Go shotgun only to give Burrow more time and let him go. They are much better with less involvement for the sidelines (which says a lot about Zacs play-calling)
Reply/Quote
Bash Mixon if he gets steam rolled anywhere but the backfield. Barry sanders cant run with this line.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:09 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I mean, neither can Mixon.

Gio has a little better field vision and if dancing is necessary, I'd prefer Gio over Mixon. I also do think Gio makes it through smaller lanes and gains more yards in those situations, which for us, is every time we run. He has big play potential.

I know we tried this before and it failed too, no back got into a rhtyhm, but as evidenced by Gio's huge play, he needs more game time.

Agree to disagree I guess bud. Honestly doesn’t matter who is in the backfield really
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 05:54 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: I’m going to rewatch the game and count the percentage of plays Mixon has contact in the backfield. I honestly think it will be over 50%.

Over 75%, I would think

(09-27-2020, 05:54 PM)Joelist Wrote: How do you report card a game like this?

The OL is terrible but I am starting to wonder how much of it is the players (definitely an element) and how much is ZTs poor playcalling and schemes that do the opposite of what these players are good at (if they are good at anything). The plays take too long to develop and the formation telegraphs the play.

Defensively it was weird - sometimes they looked decent but other times it was bush league garbage. And again I think the scheme is faulty.

Were it scheme and not the players, there wouldn't constantly be so many defenders beating their blocker.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:20 PM)OUatown Wrote: Agree to disagree I guess bud. Honestly doesn’t matter who is in the backfield really

I would agree if we gave Gio a chance to prove it. 33 yards for the game, is it really 0% chance Gio couldn't do better?  Cool
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:20 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Over 75%, I would think

Were it scheme and not the players, there wouldn't constantly be so many defenders beating their blocker.

Actually yes there would if the blocking scheme is defective. I'm not saying the players are fine and no changes are needed - I am saying this stupid lateral zone scheme does not play to their strengths and instead exacerbates their weaknesses. 
Reply/Quote
I mean seems like we were put into a position with JOe's expiring contract against a line no RB can run against. It's like paying a ton for a kicker but we have nobody that can hold for him lol, no use.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No there wasn’t. Literally everyone that even casually follows this team has been screaming for upgrades at OL and better coaching.

Normal people did, but the rest went on the rampage that it was all the QBs fault...
Reply/Quote
I hope the super bowl is us vs eagles... why not..
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:27 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Normal people did, but the rest went on the rampage that it was all the QBs fault...

No they didn’t.

Reply/Quote
I'm pissed because the Bengals had 10 days to work with the offensive line and they ended up being worse than they were against the Chargers with Bosa and the Browns with Garrett.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:27 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Normal people did, but the rest went on the rampage that it was all the QBs fault...

uuuuuhhhhhm, no.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:18 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Bash Mixon if he gets steam rolled anywhere but the backfield. Barry sanders cant run with this line.

Nuts! Sanders may have had a line worse than ours at the time.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:06 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: They also got dominated on the ground again, 175 at almost 5 per carry. It's frustrating to watch teams continually running at will.

True, but small bright side is it was 175 yards in 5 quarters. That's an important distinction. Also 175 is still less than their 185 season average... so improvement? Lol

Really it was QB scrambles that killed them:
Wentz ran it 9/65(7.2)
Everyone else ran it 27/110(4.1)

I think the QB scrambles were a failure in game planning. That's actually a career high in rushing yards for him, and he hasn't ran for more than 35 yards since the start of 2018 and only more than 30 twice. Don't know if they expected to see that out of him. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:45 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Nuts! Sanders may have had a line worse than ours at the time.

That’s not totally the lions fault. They lost 2 of there best lineman to things out of there control-a freak injury and an unfortunate accident killed the other player. Guy was mowing his lawn when a truck went off road and killed him.

Then they made a lopsided trade for pat swilling from the saints, which resulted in the saints drafting HOF player Willie Roaf.

So, yes it was bad after a few seasons, but the lions couldn’t really help what happened.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:08 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I would go one step further and circumvent Taylor and ask for Burrow's opinion before taking action.

You don't ask a wet behind the ears rookie for input on staff or personnel decisions. He will be a great qb without a doubt, but he is not a gm, owner, or a coach. Any front office that did that would scraping the bottom of the barrel for coaches after the current staff resigns. Even guys like Bruce Coslet would let that call go to voicemail.   
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
I’m just saying last year the Dalton defenders blamed the line. Which was bad of course but we have a rookie QB, yes a good one but rookie non the less with no preseason who is able to make things happen behind this horrible line. He has had this team in position to win every game. Yet MIXON can’t do anything behind this line.
Reply/Quote
When we start 0-7-1. Do we actually make changes to our staff? That means douche starts 2-21-1
Reply/Quote