Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome Jermaine Burton!

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 04:27 PM)Synric Wrote: Jermaine Burton is really good.

First and foremost Burton played mostly the X receiver at Bama and showed a diverse release package against different coverages. I love how fast he eats up cushion vs off/zone coverages and then he's good at setting up defenders with his head and body at the stem. He is physical through route contact staying in position and on time. He tracks the ball well adjust to off target throws with excellent body control and makes catches with strong hands. Burton is also smart with a good understanding of coverages and the awareness/field vision to take advantage of soft spots in zone coverage.

Burton needs work in the short and intermediate parts of the field in the routes. He has some wasted movement with choppy steps when he drops his hips so inside choice routes aren't gonna be his thing in year one at least but he has the athleticism to work on that area. My biggest knock on Burton is while he is a physical player he has zero desire to block

In year one Burton will take most of his likely take most of his snaps on the boundary but will get some vertical slot routes like when the Bengals run the dagger concept (inside vertical route, outside dig, and a crosser from the other side the inside is a clear out route and the dig/crosser high low read) but what makes it special is Burton can also run the dig at a high level and Chase and definitely run the clear out route.

Edit: I think I brought up Burton once in the draft section but like everyone else did not think he would be on the Bengals board even if I had a high 2nd round grade on him. Behind Pearsall ahead of Legette and McConkey

Have to bump this to the next page, everybody should see Synric's evaluation of Jermaine...
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 04:27 PM)Synric Wrote: Jermaine Burton is really good.

First and foremost Burton played mostly the X receiver at Bama and showed a diverse release package against different coverages. I love how fast he eats up cushion vs off/zone coverages and then he's good at setting up defenders with his head and body at the stem. He is physical through route contact staying in position and on time. He tracks the ball well adjust to off target throws with excellent body control and makes catches with strong hands. Burton is also smart with a good understanding of coverages and the awareness/field vision to take advantage of soft spots in zone coverage.

Burton needs work in the short and intermediate parts of the field in the routes. He has some wasted movement with choppy steps when he drops his hips so inside choice routes aren't gonna be his thing in year one at least but he has the athleticism to work on that area. My biggest knock on Burton is while he is a physical player he has zero desire to block

In year one Burton will take most of his likely take most of his snaps on the boundary but will get some vertical slot routes like when the Bengals run the dagger concept (inside vertical route, outside dig, and a crosser from the other side the inside is a clear out route and the dig/crosser high low read) but what makes it special is Burton can also run the dig at a high level and Chase and definitely run the clear out route.

Edit: I think I brought up Burton once in the draft section but like everyone else did not think he would be on the Bengals board even if I had a high 2nd round grade on him. Behind Pearsall ahead of Legette and McConkey

Thank you. :joe:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 06:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

No question that Jermaine Burton is more of a deep threat than Tyler Boyd. I think he will be a major upgrade over him and could 
possibly be a Tee Higgins replacement for all we know. Cannot deny the dude's talent. His speed with the ability to track the ball and 
excellent body control are special tools.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 11:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: So does Tyreek Hill. See I can do it too!

Which one was overdrafted tho cuz of just his speed at pick 9 and who was taking in the fifth?
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 03:36 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Which one was overdrafted tho cuz of just his speed at pick 9 and who was taking in the fifth?

That has nothing to do with the context of the person I was replying to. This is a straw man argument. 
Reply/Quote

At about the 1:30 mark Burton runs a comeback against Auburn which looks good but those are th type of routes where you see him have choppy feet at times.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The more I watch this kid the more I like him. He's got insane upside. I think that it might change his attitude a little when he's playing with the best in the world.
Reply/Quote
He plays like a Steve Smith bully out there. Good for a nudge or elbow after the whistle. The offense needs a bully. Now they just have to figure out how to tame the emotions so they don’t get flagged.

I’m sold on the first round talent. Good enough or Georgia and Bama to take note.

Upgrade from Boyd for sure.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote

Good clip. He is beating a S, not a corner  though.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2024, 12:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

I can see why Zac was so excited about landing this guy that is for sure.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2024, 01:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I can see why Zac was so excited about landing this guy that is for sure.

Burton may have reminded the Bengals of Chase to some degree.

Jamar Chase       6 foot & 3/8 inches tall  201 pounds  30 & 3/4 inch arm length  4.38 forty 41 inch vertical 11 foot broad jump

Jermaine Burton 6 foot & 1/4 inches tall  196 pounds   31 inch arm length    4.45 forty   38.5 inch vertical  11 foot 1 inch broad jump
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2024, 02:46 PM)depthchart Wrote: Burton may have reminded the Bengals of Chase to some degree.

Jamar Chase       6 foot & 3/8 inches tall  201 pounds  30 & 3/4 inch arm length  4.38 forty 41 inch vertical 11 foot broad jump

Jermaine Burton 6 foot & 1/4 inches tall  196 pounds   31 inch arm length    4.45 forty   38.5 inch vertical  11 foot 1 inch broad jump

Ja'Marr is more solidly built of course but yes, there are similarities in their size and the way they play.

That is the thing, Jermaine Burton has the talent to be a #1 WR, he is a little longer than Chase, but not near as good in short space
as hardly any WR's are. Like Synric says, Burton's feet tend to get choppy on certain routes. He needs to clean this up.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 10:33 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, I get it. I too hope he earns OROY but we cannot talk out of both sides of our mouths. I felt the exact way about Joe Mixon; I wish the Bengals would have cut him after his summer of "Road Rage" (I know, she made it up) and house guests shooting neighbors. Not only did they not cut him, they made him Team Captain. 
I was also one of the few that wanted Pac-Man gone after he punched the girl at the bar. 

I'm sure TJ vouched for him and it seemed to be good enough for the team so "Go JB!"

He's not going to get enough touches to get OROY. Where are we even going to play him at, the slot? 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 10:33 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, I get it. I too hope he earns OROY but we cannot talk out of both sides of our mouths. I felt the exact way about Joe Mixon; I wish the Bengals would have cut him after his summer of "Road Rage" (I know, she made it up) and house guests shooting neighbors. Not only did they not cut him, they made him Team Captain. 
I was also one of the few that wanted Pac-Man gone after he punched the girl at the bar. 

I'm sure TJ vouched for him and it seemed to be good enough for the team so "Go JB!"

He's not going to get enough touches to get OROY. Where are we even going to play him at, the slot? 
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 03:30 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: He's not going to get enough touches to get OROY. Where are we even going to play him at, the slot? 

Nope, Jermaine Burton can play on the outside letting Chase tear it up in the Slot where he is a crazy mismatch against any Defense.
Reply/Quote
He’s a bully as well. If he can keep control of that it’s a great mindset to have. Exciting proposition this kid.
Reply/Quote