Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Welcome to the jungle Daxton Hill!
This was a really good pick that gives us a lot of options going into 2022. Some scouts and analysts say he could play FS, slot corner and even outside CB in a pinch. He'll be all over the field. I see us using him in 3 safety sets immediately and in dime packages. I wonder if they believe he can replace Bell, if they choose to re-sign Bates.

I know James Rapien is ecstatic. He had Hill as his 2nd or 3rd overall choice behind Linderbaum and maybe Karlaftis (among realistic options).
Reply/Quote
Absolutely love the pick, I was good with trading up to get Dax. Now pull Bate's tag.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He played over 900 snaps in the slot in college. If Hilton goes down we’re still in good shape.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:42 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Smart pick. I had thought about Booth but with the health concerns Daxton is a great value and will play all over our defense. One more player the other teams have to game plan against.

Booth had health concerns, but didn't Daxton have bad interview concerns? Dax also plays well in the box for his size too.
Reply/Quote
You have to be a moron to be bitching about someone spoiling the pick while surfing the web. If you wanted it to remain a secret so you could watch it on tv no worries, but you should probably put your phone down lol. God forbid someone texts, or calls, or it’s reported on one of the various other forms of media. This is a football forum you know…. Shock and awe that the outcome was found here ?

? ? ?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:44 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: This was a really good pick that gives us a lot of options going into 2022. Some scouts and analysts say he could play FS, slot corner and even outside CB in a pinch. He'll be all over the field. I see us using him in 3 safety sets immediately and in dime packages. I wonder if they believe he can replace Bell, if they choose to re-sign Bates.

I know James Rapien is ecstatic. He had Hill as his 2nd or 3rd overall choice behind Linderbaum and maybe Karlaftis (among realistic options).

He will replace Bates after this year no doubt in my mind.
Reply/Quote
Haven't drafted a safety in the first since Daryll Williams in '92. Another 30 year streak broken.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
In a vacuum, I believe Cine may be the better player, but Hill may be better suited for the NFL today. He can play safety or corner and will be a weapon in coverage.
He’s not going to make many highlight reel tackles, but he will make the defense better by protecting the deep part of the field.
He reminds me a lot of Jimmie Ward who is one of the most underrated players in the league. He’s a big part of the Niners d success.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:46 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Absolutely love the pick, I was good with trading up to get Dax. Now pull Bate's tag.

Anything is possible after the draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:46 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Absolutely love the pick, I was good with trading up to get Dax. Now pull Bate's tag.

Why pull the tag? Try to see if you could trade him to the NFC. Have awhile to see if you can get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him. Not like the Bengals desperately need the cap space for anything right now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I understand the pick. I don't dislike the pick. I think Hill is a hellova player. I'm just hoping our first rounder can have an impact on the team year 1. I'll reserve judgement, but I'm not excited just yet either.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:42 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: ?
It was announced on other revenues, just cause you watched one that cut to a commercial isn't his fault

Let me take a wild guess that this is an Ohio State Bengals fan who when saying " spoiling it ", meant the mention he is from Michigan, or The Team Up North.   That is my guess on it.  

Now to me, I don't want only Ohio players on Bengals, that team would stink, so I have no Michigan Hate going on in the draft.  Bengals took best player on the board, which is fine by me. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:53 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Why pull the tag? Try to see if you could trade him to the NFC. Have awhile to see if you can get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him. Not like the Bengals desperately need the cap space for anything right now.
Well he has to sign the tag before we can trade him. Plus we could use the loot to extend/front load a couple expiring contracts. 

Reply/Quote
Hill is going to move right into the slot Ricardo Allen held before retiring. And Allen saw a lot of play time because Lou like three safety looks.
Reply/Quote
I think this pick tells us the Bengals plan on dropping some serious cash elsewhere on the team
As in extending the contracts of JB, Higgins etc
Bates is a top 10 safety but the Bengals aren't going to pay that kind of $$$ to a saftey.
Bates walks after this year and Hill slides in for a fraction of the price for Bates
Reply/Quote
People can slam the idea of not spoiling picks on this site, and times have changed, but it's always been good board decorum to hold off until it is announced on tv. Maybe an old rule given more and more online access, but respected board decorum nevertheless.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Dax looks like a good to great player that has versatility. Eli has a year left and outside CBs are hard to find. Kyler and Booth out there. Curious as to why they went nickle/safety rather than outside CB. Hilton has multiple years left with us
Disclaimers: No disrespect to Dax. He looks like a stud. Not upset about Dax. Just wondering.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:57 AM)Joelist Wrote: Hill is going to move right into the slot Ricardo Allen held before retiring. And Allen saw a lot of play time because Lou like three safety looks.

This is my hope with the pick. Seems like he'll be able to get on the field right away while providing depth at multiple positions. Maybe it pushes CB down the need list a little so we can go DL and OL in Rd 2/3
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:59 AM)jj22 Wrote: People can slam the idea of not spoiling picks on this site, and times have changed, but it's always been good board decorum to hold off until it is announced on tv. Maybe an old rule given more and more online access, but respected board decorum nevertheless.

Some folks think they're cutting edge because they have a smart phone and a twitter account. 

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:54 AM)kevin Wrote: Let me take a wild guess that this is an Ohio State Bengals fan who when saying " spoiling it ", meant the mention he is from Michigan, or The Team Up North.   That is my guess on it.  

Now to me, I don't want only Ohio players on Bengals, that team would stink, so I have no Michigan Hate going on in the draft.  Bengals took best player on the board, which is fine by me. 

No idea, and that stuff doesn't matter to me. And OFC i'm partial to my Sooners, so yea, i love that we have had some on the Bengals (Mixon atm) and would love to see Winfrey added tomorrow.

IF I didn't want it to be spoiled, then i simply would have only paid attention to the TV until it was announced. I had to refrain myself on the draft forum as i knew who picked whom before others were posting that info, so i kept quiet.
Reply/Quote