Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who would you pick as the Bengals first Rounder?
If you are in Charge of picking up the First Rounder who would you choose and why?
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2017, 10:17 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: If you are in Charge of picking up the First Rounder who would you choose and why?

you will have to tell me who the first 8 picks in the draft were
Reply/Quote
 Einie meeny miney moe.. Catch a Bengal by the toe..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Myles Garrett
Reply/Quote
OJ Howard would make the biggest and most immediate impact. Even if Eifert does manage to stay healthy for an entire season, having two guys like the Pats had in Gronk and Hernandez, would make our offense pretty scary.

I've changed my mind twice on this question, and I might change it again. I don't see any of the #9 worthy DEs being there for us. Signing Minter probably shut down the Reuben Foster pick, though I'd still be happy with it. Fournette won't be there. We could trade down and take Mixon, Davis, or Ross for an offensive weapon.

Or we could trade down and take Reddick or McKinley. Personally, I think McDowell, the DT/DE out of Michigan State impress me most out of the remaining DLinemen, but he allegedly had a terrible set of interviews at the combine. Still, if he falls to Round 2, I take him. Use Round 1 for a weapon to rejuvenate this offense.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Ruben foster.
This kid is going to be special. Plays sideline to sideline . Would be unreal with him and vontaze
Reply/Quote
If no one falls in love with a qb, we are in no mans land. Foster is likely the last big defensive prospect that will be on the board.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
DE Derek Barnette
Reply/Quote
gary burley
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2017, 10:17 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: If you are in Charge of picking up the First Rounder who would you choose and why.?
I think RB Fournett & DE Barnett are both off the board at #9....I think it's going to come down to TE O.J. Howard or a rising DE Taco Charlton....
W/ Charlton being 6'6" 277 he seems to be the right size....
But....if the pick is Howard theres several DE's in rd #2 in the 40's we could pick....
DE's Dawuane Smoot & Carroll Phillips, both out of ill. or Chris Wormley out of mich, just to name 3 of them...
the thought of 6' 6" Eifert & 6' 6" OJ. Howard running routes....WOW....talk about a red zone threat...just throw a high lob....
might be the best bang for our #9 buck....
so right now i'd pick TE O.J. Howard...
Reply/Quote
WHAT IF THIS WAS TO HAPPEN
1. Garret
2. Thomas
3. Fournette
4. Adams
5. Allen
6. Lattimore
7. Hooker
8. Barnett
9.???????? I would take OJ Howard. Also would seriously consider Foster. This is my worst case scenario if the picks come off the board this way. I'm sure someone will reach for a QB, at least I hope.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2017, 12:30 PM)Shady Wrote: OJ Howard would make the biggest and most immediate impact. Even if Eifert does manage to stay healthy for an entire season, having two guys like the Pats had in Gronk and Hernandez, would make our offense pretty scary.

I've changed my mind twice on this question, and I might change it again. I don't see any of the #9 worthy DEs being there for us. Signing Minter probably shut down the Reuben Foster pick, though I'd still be happy with it. Fournette won't be there.  We could trade down and take Mixon, Davis, or Ross for an offensive weapon.

Or we could trade down and take Reddick or McKinley. Personally, I think McDowell, the DT/DE out of Michigan State impress me most out of the remaining DLinemen, but he allegedly had a terrible set of interviews at the combine. Still, if he falls to Round 2, I take him. Use Round 1 for a weapon to rejuvenate this offence..
you make many great points....but imo you may be overlooking the rising DE Taco Charlton....at 6'6" 277 he's the size the bengals prefer...& Taco seems to be rising....& if the bengals have him ranked at #12-13-14ish.....I think, the war room would think that's close enough for them to pull the trigger at #9.......he could be another Dunlap in time... would start on day 1....
doubt we can trade down....I see the bengals staying put....Howard or Taco....i'd be very happy w/ either of them...
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 12:28 AM)Steve Wrote: you make many great points....but imo you may be overlooking the rising DE Taco Charlton....at 6'6" 277 he's the size the bengals prefer...& Taco seems to be rising....& if the bengals have him ranked at #12-13-14ish.....I think, the war room would think that's close enough for them to pull the trigger at #9.......he could be another Dunlap in time... would start on day 1....
doubt we can trade down....I see the bengals staying put....Howard or Taco....i'd be very happy w/ either of them...

You could be right about Taco. He does fit our mold, that's certain. But do we want the same mold? I guess we'll see if they choose him or Burnett - two very different players.  Rock On
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
This may sound like a stupid question but, what makes a player rise so drastically after the season is over. I know people get all excited with combine numbers and pro days. I assume just an interview alone can cause a player to move up, but drastically? I know how a player interviews gives teams some insight about a players character and intelligence and even some comfort in selecting that player. But should that alone with numbers at the combine be enough to move a player up several rounds regardless of film.

Just curious what everyone thinks about when evaluating a player. I personally like to judge a player as soon as the season is over. Before the combine hype. Based on their body of work over the season. They can play or they can't. I guess numbers do help some players stand out that may have been over looked, and cause some already good players to pull away from the rest based on how fast, high they jump, listen to and perform drills correctly etc.

So I guess I answered my own question. But in short I just prefer to go by how a player played during the season and try not to get excited when a player performs good at the combine. Just curious what everyone else thinks cause every year there are combine warriors who turn out to be total bust.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 12:15 AM)TKUHL Wrote: WHAT IF THIS WAS TO HAPPEN
1. Garret
2. Thomas
3. Fournette
4. Adams
5. Allen
6. Lattimore
7. Hooker
8. Barnett
9.???????? I would take OJ Howard. Also would seriously consider Foster. This is my worst case scenario if the picks come off the board this way. I'm sure someone will reach for a QB, at least I hope.

I vote for someone taking a QB. That would leave the Bengals with a talented defensive pick.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 01:48 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I vote for someone taking a QB. That would leave the Bengals with a talented defensive pick.

I hope someone does or a OL. But we will probably be the team that takes a O lineman. I will destroy my TV if we do. Kinda feels strange though cause we all know that line needs help. I just don't think any are a safe pick at 9. They "may have" picked 2 O line bust back to back, I'm sure they can do it again with this group.
Reply/Quote
At what point do you start to grade our draft? To me, I don't really know what to think of the first pick until I see the first 4 picks.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 12:15 AM)TKUHL Wrote: WHAT IF THIS WAS TO HAPPEN
1. Garret
2. Thomas
3. Fournette
4. Adams
5. Allen
6. Lattimore
7. Hooker
8. Barnett

I agree w/ your first 8 picks.....no Qb's off the board yet....& Barnett going to Carolina at #8.....if this goes this way I agree w/ you on Howard at #9....but only by a whisker over DE Taco Charlton....
Reply/Quote
Mike williams... Not taking second teir of defensive ends at 9.
Reply/Quote