Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
I think anyone with common sense knew he was never going to sit out the season. This song and dance has played out over and over again around the league for years.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 10:41 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: So says the poster at least 90% of the board thinks is pure dumb ___

I love it when you have no response to my facts other than personal insults.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 09:38 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Apparently Bates is in the building today so I guess the barber was correct and once again you were a DH and wrong.  

I could not be wrong because I never made a prediction.  All I said was that he would return before the regular season, and I have been proven correct.

Unlike you I am not impressed with someone making the same prediction every day then claiming "called it" when it finally happens.
Reply/Quote
The point was never to sit the year it was to avoid injury. In reality, post LeVeon Bell I don't think anyone attempts that again because the financial hit Bell took doing so was pretty insane relative to what he was being offered. He basically made like 30% less than he would have had he just signed his tag and played. Guys may sit a few games but the idea someone doesn't play AT ALL on the tag is just no a reality anymore at this point.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 09:37 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Good to hear Bates back.

I expect the 4 safeties to make the roster to be Bates, Bell, Hill, and Thomas.

Hill should still get some defensive reps at safety but also could easily get some slot CB reps spelling Hilton.

Let's just hope that Bates plays very focused and well this season, increasing his value for FA.

So, he turns up after all the others were sweating their nads off in all the previous practices.  Nice!

Personally, if he doesn’t play at a Pro Bowl level this season, I’m all for letting him walk.  We’ve spent way too many years rooting for the Prima Donnas manning the Bengals roster.  He’s just another in a long line of them.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 05:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No he hasn't.

Yes he has!  Done..final….!
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 09:37 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Why dont you give up the schtick of being the resident DH first?

We're a baseball team now?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Dax Hill looks like the real deal. If Jessie plays like he did to start the year last year he might end up on the bench - crushing his bid for that big pay day.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 08:44 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Well he’s made himself look like a bit of a tit really hasn’t he!

Two and a half weeks to go until the first game, Dax looking very good while he’s sat in a box and putting videos on Instagram like a don’t forget about me guys meaning.

He was never not going to sign the tag and play all his bluffing has made him look stupid question is was this advice from his agent or is his attitude all wrong? We saw during regular season he was distracted and nowhere near at his best.

If Dax carries his form in to the regular season than Bates has to perform at his best or he will be on the bench within weeks and his dream of being the highest paid safety in the league goes bye bye.

It’s win/win either way for us tbh.

I like this…..”Well he’s made himself look like a bit of a tit…..”

Yes he has, indeed!

He better hope he outplays Dax, otherwise he’s going to look like a teeny-tiny tit!
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 10:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I could not be wrong because I never made a prediction.  All I said was that he would return before the regular season, and I have been proven correct.

Unlike you I am not impressed with someone making the same prediction every day then claiming "called it" when it finally happens.

I quoted the barber once and it was only 24 hours ago... you made a shitty comment to that like you do everything.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 11:20 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: So, he turns up after all the others were sweating their nads off in all the previous practices.  Nice!

Personally, if he doesn’t play at a Pro Bowl level this season, I’m all for letting him walk.  We’ve spent way too many years rooting for the Prima Donnas manning the Bengals roster.  He’s just another in a long line of them.

Bates is walking 100%

He was basically an insurance plan for the draft.
Hill will (and likely should) take over for Bates after this year.

Bell is the one the Bengals need to be focused on retaining now.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 11:51 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Bates is walking 100%

He was basically an insurance plan for the draft.
Hill will (and likely should) take over for Bates after this year.

Bell is the one the Bengals need to be focused on retaining now.

Agree fully. Its going to be fun watching that secondary this year though, provided mostly good health.
Reply/Quote
Jessie has officially signed his tender

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 10:08 AM)Au165 Wrote: I am curious if they will keep 5 and consider Hill a "swing" CB until Cam Taylor Britt gets back. With Bates back in the fold it would not shock me if they don't move Hill all over the field and even let him provide some breathers on the outside at times.

Depends on how much work they've been able to do with Dax at CB and how confident they are that they'll be able slide a decent CB onto the PS.

Another possibility is Hill replaces Bell in the starting lineup and Vonn transitions into a nickel LB/big nickel role.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 10:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I love it when you have no response to my facts other than personal insults.

The facts are on Thursday I said he’d sign and be back next week. My first comment. That happened as well as my comments as the week started I said any day. Receipts work just fine.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 10:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I love it when you have no response to my facts other than personal insults.

You make it pretty easy. 
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 12:09 PM)pally Wrote: Jessie has officially signed his tender

Trade watch is officially on

As he stated he would not play on this deal previously
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 12:43 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The facts are on Thursday I said he’d sign and be back next week. My first comment. 

Uh, no.  Here is your first comment.

(08-22-2022, 10:50 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’ve said for almost a week I expect him to join them any day.

"next week" is not the same as "any day"

Just give it up Sonner.  I know how to use the quote function.  You can't change what you said.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 01:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Trade watch is officially on

Well, he has no real choice now. He either plays on it, or he doesn't play. And now that he's signed the tender, if he doesn't play the Bengals will just fine him every week, meaning he would lose all his money.

The fact that he signed it is a signifier that he intends to play.

As for trade watch, that will begin next off season. He can't sign an extension even if he is traded, so he is going to make the franchise tag money whether he's traded or not. From his perspective, there's no real benefit to being traded as it does not affect his money, so he would most likely want to stay in Cincinnati, play in the defense he's familiar with, have a great year and then sign a huge contract next off season (or be tagged and traded)

Being traded when he's playing for a new contract would be risky because what if the next team doesn't utilize him to his strengths or he doesn't fit their defense as well? He'd be taking on a huge risk for no reason at all.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 01:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Trade watch is officially on

This is false for a couple reasons. 

Now that he has signed the tender he has to be fined for any non performance, so if he misses practices games he will be fined and lose an accrued season if it goes too long. Essentially, he has no leverage now. The other issue is he HAS to play on the tag now as the window to negotiate has ended. Even if traded to a new team he can not negotiate a new deal this league year.

Bates is playing this year on the deal and based on him moving things into his locker it will be for Cincy.
Reply/Quote