Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
He is back precisely when most of us predicted he would be

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 04:45 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: He’ll be back next week. I expect he’ll play bd the Rams. They are gearing up the matchup vs the Rams to be the one’s only real test of preseason. There won’t be tackling to the ground but everything else will be full go. Bates will play. I think all the starters will play.

(08-23-2022, 01:25 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Well if you keep saying it every single day you will eventually be correct.

Nope I knew last Thursday and why I said next week and then followed up with any day starting yesterday.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 08:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Jessie called into his agent to ask how badly the Bengals were missing him with Dax out there and was told "Frenchie can drive!!!"
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 08:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: So much wrong on this post...you might read mine again.  There is a calculation for the franchise tag for each position.  This was agreed to by the NFLPA.  Bates refuses to sign it and practice to this point, posturing that he will sit out the entire season.  This changed the way the Bengals approached the draft.  

As far as the Bengals original offer being below market, that is accurate only in terms of what was guaranteed.  The total value of the contract through its conclusion was very fair.  No one else on the team got a high 2nd year guarantee, but suddenly Bates should because...he played well in the postseason?  Tell me why he earns that over guys like Chido or Hilton?  Secondly, you need to show me evidence of when the Bengals didn't honor a contract to a star player.  Show me a case where a guy was injured and was released out of his contract, saving the Bengals millions and the player losing out.  

I don't know where to start with your connection between Bates being at every practice and having his shittiest season. 

I personally believe his agent is screwing Bates with this bad advice and posturing about sitting out the season.  You can believe otherwise, but I see a guy more concerned with his own reputation about getting unprecedented guarantees (which will NOT help the sport at all) rather than securing a future for the player.  

I sincerely hopes Bates is back soon and plays starting week 1.  I still believe he is a critical piece of this puzzle and it would be very fun to watch him and Hill together.  

Again so many issues with your take. 

#1 Just because the NFLPA negotiated the tag amount does not mean a player has to sign the tag.  Bates never said he had an issue with the amount the tag paid.

#2. You are not taking into account important dates.  The draft is well before the July 15th cutoff date to negotiate new contracts for tagged players.

#3 Bates is not sitting out the entire season.  Nobody cares what is leaked from the agents, it is all negotiating tactics that we see every off season amongst various teams.

#4 The Bengals history of honoring contracts has zero to do with Bates' desire for more guaranteed money.   Not to mention we just broke a contract with a very expensive injured player this past season...

#5. You have no idea what the offer was from the Bengals other than the guaranteed amount, no one does, as it has never been released.

#6 Why are you trying to convince me Bates shouldnt want more guaranteed money since others didnt get it?  That has zero relevance to Bates own deal and I have never advocated for overpaying Bates - but I do understand the situation.

#7.What a weird take to think that Bates is concerned about the guaranteed aspect due to his reputation... seriously?  I enjoy and agree with most of your posts but this makes zero sense?

I agree Bates and Hill will be very enjoyable and hopefully Bates plays lights out for us this season.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 08:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote:  

As far as the Bengals original offer being below market, that is accurate only in terms of what was guaranteed.  The total value of the contract through its conclusion was very fair. 

How much did the Bengals offer and how much was guaranteed.
Reply/Quote
It's good that Bates is in the building today. Hopefully he signs his tag and gets in a couple of good weeks of practice before the season starts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 10:50 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:  I’ve said for almost a week I expect him to join them any day.

(08-23-2022, 08:55 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Nope I knew last Thursday and why I said next week and then followed up with any day starting yesterday.

Just give it up man.  You can't even keep your story straight in the same thread.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 08:44 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Well he’s made himself look like a bit of a tit really hasn’t he!

Two and a half weeks to go until the first game, Dax looking very good while he’s sat in a box and putting videos on Instagram like a don’t forget about me guys meaning.

He was never not going to sign the tag and play all his bluffing has made him look stupid question is was this advice from his agent or is his attitude all wrong? We saw during regular season he was distracted and nowhere near at his best.

If Dax carries his form in to the regular season than Bates has to perform at his best or he will be on the bench within weeks and his dream of being the highest paid safety in the league goes bye bye.

It’s win/win either way for us tbh.

This is your opinion.  We all would have liked Bates to have been here but he doesnt look like a tit when you see his side of the situation.

This take is confusing, Bates hasnt been bluffing anything after July 15th.  Bates recent absence had nothing to do with attitude or bluffing, not sure why this keeps being repeated?

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 09:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Just give it up man.  You can't even keep your story straight in the same thread.

Why dont you give up the schtick of being the resident DH first?

Reply/Quote
Good to hear Bates back.

I expect the 4 safeties to make the roster to be Bates, Bell, Hill, and Thomas.

Hill should still get some defensive reps at safety but also could easily get some slot CB reps spelling Hilton.

Let's just hope that Bates plays very focused and well this season, increasing his value for FA.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 01:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Well, if he keeps saying that everyday eventually he will be correct.

Apparently Bates is in the building today so I guess the barber was correct and once again you were a DH and wrong.  

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 09:38 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Apparently Bates is in the building today so I guess the barber was correct and once again you were a DH and wrong.  

Pratt posted a photo on his IG story of Bates sitting at his locker putting things in it

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 09:41 AM)pally Wrote: Pratt posted a photo on his IG story of Bates sitting at his locker putting things in it

Nice.  He and Dax will be fun to watch.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 09:36 AM)casear2727 Wrote: This is your opinion.  We all would have liked Bates to have been here but he doesnt look like a tit when you see his side of the situation.

This take is confusing, Bates hasnt been bluffing anything after July 15th.  Bates recent absence had nothing to do with attitude or bluffing, not sure why this keeps being repeated?

Of course it’s my opinion it’s a message board.

They (Bates or his agent or both)were obviously bluffing leaking out he wasn’t going to play on the tag when every man and his dog knew he wasn’t going to pass up on 13 million.

All that has done is make Bates miss a few weeks of camp and let Dax become the first thought in everyone’s minds when it comes to the future.

The fact he’s been in constant communication with the team makes me think it’s his agent advising him not to show up for what it’s worth.

Either way Bates has to perform at the hugest level this season and that can only be good for us.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 09:36 AM)casear2727 Wrote: This is your opinion.  We all would have liked Bates to have been here but he doesnt look like a tit when you see his side of the situation.

Yep. This rodeo started a long time ago while Bates was still in diapers. He and his team have their reasons like many many other players have over the years while doing the same thing. Plenty of these reasons for sitting out should be very obvious that almost all of us would be advised to do.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 09:49 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Of course it’s my opinion it’s a message board.

They (Bates or his agent or both)were obviously bluffing leaking out he wasn’t going to play on the tag when every man and his dog knew he wasn’t going to pass up on 13 million.

All that has done is make Bates miss a few weeks of camp and let Dax become the first thought in everyone’s minds when it comes to the future.

The fact he’s been in constant communication with the team makes me think it’s his agent advising him not to show up for what it’s worth.

Either way Bates has to perform at the hugest level this season and that can only be good for us.

No doubt his agent was playing games with the leaks this summer, but him missing TC had nothing to do with bluffing, it was strictly an injury precaution.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 09:37 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Good to hear Bates back.

I expect the 4 safeties to make the roster to be Bates, Bell, Hill, and Thomas.

Hill should still get some defensive reps at safety but also could easily get some slot CB reps spelling Hilton.

Let's just hope that Bates plays very focused and well this season, increasing his value for FA.

I am curious if they will keep 5 and consider Hill a "swing" CB until Cam Taylor Britt gets back. With Bates back in the fold it would not shock me if they don't move Hill all over the field and even let him provide some breathers on the outside at times.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 10:08 AM)Au165 Wrote: I am curious if they will keep 5 and consider Hill a "swing" CB until Cam Taylor Britt gets back. With Bates back in the fold it would not shock me if they don't move Hill all over the field and even let him provide some breathers on the outside at times.

I could see that as well.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 08:44 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Well he’s made himself look like a bit of a tit really hasn’t he!

Not really. Both sides used the system to their perceived advantage. I don't know that there's any real winners or losers. Just business. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 08:55 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Nope I knew last Thursday and why I said next week and then followed up with any day starting yesterday.

(08-23-2022, 09:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Just give it up man.  You can't even keep your story straight in the same thread.

So says the poster at least 90% of the board thinks is pure dumb ___
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote