Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
(09-12-2022, 09:48 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So this Steelers game...Minkah is an elite safety. Paid elite safety money.

Does anyone think Bates should be paid as a Top 5 safety?

Definitely not. Let him walk and extend Bell instead. Roll with him and Dax next year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Jessie Bates has 5 tackles in 2 games and has been non-existent on the field.

He is not affecting games at all. If teams arent attacking vertically hes actually a negative player because hes a poor tackler. Hes great in deep pass coverage but provides damn near nothing else.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
If they pay him now they’re even dumber that I thought.

He’s abysmal.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
He allowed that touchdown today. He’s not a top safety.
Reply/Quote
He looks like he's playing to not get hurt.
Reply/Quote
I bet he's got some bad juju going on in the Locker room too. I'm sure the Locker room is a lot different than last year where we had no expectations and an insane CJ Uzomah.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:11 PM)Housh Wrote: Jessie Bates has 5 tackles in 2 games and has been non-existent on the field.

He is not affecting games at all. If teams arent attacking vertically hes actually a negative player because hes a poor tackler. Hes great in deep pass coverage but provides damn near nothing else.

Bates is the most over rated player by Bengals fans in quite a while. He has never been a game changer. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:11 PM)Housh Wrote: Jessie Bates has 5 tackles in 2 games and has been non-existent on the field.

I disagree with the part about Bates not affecting games at all.  For example, he got burned to a crisp on the Cowboys ' first TD.  That certainly affected the outcome of the game.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:19 PM)TheFan Wrote: Bates is the most over rated player by Bengals fans in quite a while. He has never been a game changer. 

THIS is what the Bengals see, and iv seen nothing different. Hes a really really good player. Not elite. Not gonna pay him elite money and hope, Show me an elite year and well show you the money.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:12 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: If they pay him now they’re even dumber that I thought.

He’s abysmal.

Contract signed by the end of the week.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I have not seen Jessie Bates make one play that would signify a top safety in the league. I don’t even think top 10. He is hot garbage and his ass needs to be traded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Well, not paying him was one thing the team got right this year…

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:02 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I have not seen Jessie Bates make one play that would signify a top safety in the league.  I don’t even think top 10.  He is hot garbage and his ass needs to be traded.

Yep. He's not worth what he wants. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:02 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I have not seen Jessie Bates make one play that would signify a top safety in the league.  I don’t even think top 10.  He is hot garbage and his ass needs to be traded.

Not being top 10 and hot garbage are drastically different things. If he's as garbage as you think what do you expect back in a trade? 
Reply/Quote
Bates isn't bad. He's just usually not a difference maker. Minka is on a game to game basis.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Bates isn't bad. He's just usually not a difference maker. Minka is on a game to game basis.

I think this perfectly sums up Bates. Trey is probably the closest the defense has as a difference maker. The defense would be scary good with a Parsons, Mack, Watt, Von type talent rushing the QB.
Reply/Quote
I don't know what PFF is saying, but my eyes tell me that Bates is playing like shit so far this season. I'm glad we didn't give him record breaking money this off season. He needs to earn this extension in the regular season. If he can't, I'm happy to move on to Dax at FS and re-sign Bell.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:15 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I bet he's got some bad juju going on in the Locker room too. I'm sure the Locker room is a lot different than last year where we had no expectations and an insane CJ Uzomah.

CJ caused more eyerolls than he did anything... all reports from the locker room are that they really like and respect Bates, and unlike fans, they all understand the business side.

That said if Bates wants top safety money he needs to impact games like Fitzpatrick did us.  He has been invisible except when giving up completions and the touchdown.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:19 PM)TheFan Wrote: Bates is the most over rated player by Bengals fans in quite a while. He has never been a game changer. 

Its like thousands of Cincy fans never saw Ed Reed play... Bates wouldnt get any snaps on that Bmore defense.

Reply/Quote
I’d shop him to Seattle. Not sure if another team is in need of S help.
Reply/Quote