Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will we see players kneel?
(10-30-2017, 12:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/21205732/oakland-athletics-catcher-bruce-maxwell-arrested-arizona-gun-charge

As to the original thread getting locked. I'm sure some of us know why.

For those who don't know, it was locked — along with others — because I went out of town Friday and forgot to 'turn the lights off' before I went. As the threads were supposed to be closed for the weekend, that was the easiest way for moderators to handle it. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-30-2017, 12:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/21205732/oakland-athletics-catcher-bruce-maxwell-arrested-arizona-gun-charge

I will say that the accusation by the delivery person is no proof of guilt just as Maxwell's accusation of not being served because of Trump is not proof of guilt.

Wow.  That's bad.

Doesn't mean the other story can't be true too though.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-30-2017, 12:10 PM)Benton Wrote: For those who don't know, it was locked — along with others — because I went out of town Friday and forgot to 'turn the lights off' before I went. As the threads were supposed to be closed for the weekend, that was the easiest way for moderators to handle it. 

Ah. I wondered what had happened when I was able to post.
(10-30-2017, 12:10 PM)Benton Wrote: For those who don't know, it was locked — along with others — because I went out of town Friday and forgot to 'turn the lights off' before I went. As the threads were supposed to be closed for the weekend, that was the easiest way for moderators to handle it. 

That was what I had assumed. I remembered from my moderator days that mods can lock threads, but admins would have had to close the forum.
(10-30-2017, 12:00 PM)Benton Wrote: "Sorry – the page you have requested does not exist
You may have followed an outdated link, or have mistyped a URL. If you believe this to be an error, please report it."

Mellow

How crazy, they literally took down that story within the last few minutes.  If I wasn't at work I'd find the archived copy and post it as proof.  Lastly, Benton, if you would, please merge this with the other thread.
(10-30-2017, 12:15 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ah.   I wondered what had happened when I was able to post.

(10-30-2017, 12:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That was what I had assumed. I remembered from my moderator days that mods can lock threads, but admins would have had to close the forum.

Yeah, it was just a technical issue. There's no way (at least not that I know of) to set it up on a timer. It has to be done manually, and those of us who could were tied up. So, thanks to the moderators who handled the situation.
(10-30-2017, 12:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That was what I had assumed. I remembered from my moderator days that mods can lock threads, but admins would have had to close the forum.

Especially when EVERY thread was locked!   Smirk
(10-30-2017, 12:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: Especially when EVERY thread was locked!   Smirk

We just assumed one of you were triggered lol
(10-30-2017, 12:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We just assumed one of you were triggered lol

Well, not the first time you were wrong.  Smirk
I must say I'm not a fan of the Texan's "mass kneeling" this past weekend (shocker, right). "My Boss used a saying commonly used to express organizations cannot be ran from the bottom up, so I'm going to kneel during a time reserved to show respect to the Nation because he said it".
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-30-2017, 03:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I must say I'm not a fan of the Texan's "mass kneeling" this past weekend (shocker, right). "My Boss used a saying commonly used to express organizations cannot be ran from the bottom up, so I'm going to kneel during a time reserved to show respect to the Nation because he said it".

Sorry your feelings were hurt.

Edit: Owner tried to make a point. Some people didn't like it.

Players tried to make a point. Some people didn't like it.

In case no one has noticed the more someone tries to tell someone NOT to do something the more likely some are going to want to do it more. If they get punished for it then that's on them. But just telling someone they have to stand ain't gonna be the end of the discussion.
(10-30-2017, 03:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: Sorry your feelings were hurt.

Didn't see where I stated my feelings were hurt, but thanks.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-30-2017, 03:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I must say I'm not a fan of the Texan's "mass kneeling" this past weekend (shocker, right). "My Boss used a saying commonly used to express organizations cannot be ran from the bottom up, so I'm going to kneel during a time reserved to show respect to the Nation because he said it".

He misspoke. Had he said the saying the way it's commonly used (asylum, not prison), then it wouldn't have been an issue. Unfortunately for him the NFL and the prison system are two institutions where black folks are disproportionately represented.

Personally I'm just tired of the whole damn story.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(10-30-2017, 04:20 PM)jason Wrote: He misspoke. Had he said the saying the way it's commonly used (asylum, not prison), then it wouldn't have been an issue. Unfortunately for him the NFL and the prison system are two institutions where black folks are disproportionately represented.

That's a sentiment I think all sides can get behind.
(10-30-2017, 04:20 PM)jason Wrote: He misspoke. Had he said the saying the way it's commonly used (asylum, not prison), then it wouldn't have been an issue. Unfortunately for him the NFL and the prison system are two institutions where black folks are disproportionately represented.

(10-30-2017, 07:40 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: That's a sentiment I think all sides can get behind.

Yep.  He said something trying to make a point.  Players united to make a point.

Let's move on to next week.
Ok, who wants to be on the same side of this debate as communist China?

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-law-anthem/china-considers-three-year-jail-terms-for-disrespecting-national-anthem-flag-idUSKBN1D0075