Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will we see players kneel?
(10-26-2017, 06:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: I wonder why someone would come out and deny they did something like that?  Weird.  But it's FOX so I guess it must be true.   Smirk

Especially when Maxwell never named the restaurant or the server.

Well, you had no problem when it was sbnation reporting it. Weird.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(10-26-2017, 06:08 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, you had no problem when it was sbnation reporting it. Weird.

Oh!  Is SBNation know for leaning one way or the other politically?  My bad!

Smirk
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-26-2017, 06:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh!  Is SBNation know for leaning one way or the other politically?  My bad!

Smirk

I don't know about politically, but they sure seem to be pro-kneeling a lot. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ...
(10-26-2017, 06:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: I wonder why someone would come out and deny they did something like that?  Weird.  But it's FOX so I guess it must be true.

The article includes, and is predicated on, direct quotes from two of the people directly involved.  Where said quotes are reported means nothing, they were either made or they were not.  You've added a complete irrelevancy, I wonder why?

Quote:Especially when Maxwell never named the restaurant or the server.

A point which actually lends credibility to the server and manager's version of events.  they could have sat back in anonymity and let the story die on the vine.  As they were slandered and libeled it appears they felt to need to correct the record, something one would do if they were the ones telling the truth.  Their story is also much more credible and their quotes much more conversational and believable.  The statement attributed to the server sounds cartoonish and contrived, not conversational at all.  It reminds me a lot of Zimmerman's bullshit quote of Martin, "you are going to die tonight".  Same bullshit smell all over it.

There's also the very salient point made by the server, why, if the players versions of events are true, did he wait so long before speaking publicly about it?  Things that make you go hmm.

(10-26-2017, 06:29 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't know about politically, but they sure seem to be pro-kneeling a lot. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ...

You have to remember Phil, logic takes a holiday when talking to that one.
(10-26-2017, 05:48 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Uh oh, looks like they made the story up.

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2017/10/25/waiter-mlb-catcher-bruce-maxwell-made-up-story-about-service-refusal-over-anthem-protest.html

Both the waiter and manager state the story is a complete fabrication.

#fakenews

If it is found out that this player fabricated this story then I hope he is exposed; as he tried to make the whole community appear to be racist. 

I have no tolerance for anyone that tries to insert racism where it does not exist.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-26-2017, 07:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If it is found out that this player fabricated this story then I hope he is exposed; as he tried to make the whole community appear to be racist. 

I have no tolerance for anyone that tries to insert racism where it does not exist.  

Here's some more from the councilman who was there.

http://www.rocketcitynow.com/news/local-news/councilman-devyn-keith-responds-to-waiters-claims-he-made-up-story/844701446

Now he's saying he wasn't even present when the alleged comments were made.  He also apologized for calling the server an "idiot"  Sounds like someone is in full cover your ass mode.
(10-26-2017, 07:23 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The article includes, and is predicated on, direct quotes from two of the people directly involved.  Where said quotes are reported means nothing, they were either made or they were not.  You've added a complete irrelevancy, I wonder why?

A point which actually lends credibility to the server and manager's version of events.  they could have sat back in anonymity and let the story die on the vine.  As they were slandered and libeled it appears they felt to need to correct the record, something one would do if they were the ones telling the truth.  Their story is also much more credible and their quotes much more conversational and believable.  The statement attributed to the server sounds cartoonish and contrived, not conversational at all.  It reminds me a lot of Zimmerman's bullshit quote of Martin, "you are going to die tonight".  Same bullshit smell all over it.

There's also the very salient point made by the server, why, if the players versions of events are true, did he wait so long before speaking publicly about it?  Things that make you go hmm.

You have to remember Phil, logic takes a holiday when talking to that one.

The original story contained quotes from the people involved too.

Oh, crap...you don't believe them though.

Carry on...
(10-26-2017, 10:25 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Here's some more from the councilman who was there.

http://www.rocketcitynow.com/news/local-news/councilman-devyn-keith-responds-to-waiters-claims-he-made-up-story/844701446

Now he's saying he wasn't even present when the alleged comments were made.  He also apologized for calling the server an "idiot"  Sounds like someone is in full cover your ass mode.

As I eluded to earlier; the councilman calling one of his members an idiot was the most glossed over detail in the original "story" that Dino shared with us. 

If the councilman was complaisant in away way I hope he is removed from office. As I have said often: I have no tolerance for those that try to infuse racism into a situation in which it did not exist.    

(10-26-2017, 11:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I eluded to earlier; the councilman calling one of his members an idiot was the most glossed over detail in the original "story" that Dino shared with us. 

If the councilman was complaisant in away way I hope he is removed from office. As I have said often: I have no tolerance for those that try to infuse racism into a situation in which it did not exist.    

Quote:"As i came back, the conversation started about the interaction between the two, the waiter and Bruce," says Keith.

Keith stands by his story of what happened and says he and Maxwell felt uncomfortable. 
(10-26-2017, 06:29 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't know about politically, but they sure seem to be pro-kneeling a lot. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ...

Are they pro-kneeling? Or do they just carry a lot of stories about since they are a sports site?

I really didn't notice them leaning one way or another on the subject.
(10-26-2017, 11:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: The original story contained quotes from the people involved too.

Oh, crap...you don't believe them though.

Carry on...

It sure did, which leads us to having to determine whose version is more credible.  On one hand we have the MLB player who brought the story to light well after it happened.  We have his friend who, while backing the story, now says he wasn't even present to be able to corroborate it.  On the other hand we have the server and the manager who didn't even come forward until they were maligned in the press.  They even stress that the MLB player wasn't rude or obnoxious in any way.  They also have a story that seems slightly more credible, that of denying alcohol to patrons without a valid ID, as opposed to a "I don't like you because I like Trump" story.  It would be rather simple for the councilman to diffuse this story, simply produce his ID, that was issued prior to the story and wasn't expired.  That would shoot huge holes in the server's story.  I wonder why he hasn't done so and is, instead, hastily backtracking?

(10-26-2017, 11:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I eluded to earlier; the councilman calling one of his members an idiot was the most glossed over detail in the original "story" that Dino shared with us. 

Nor should anyone.  GMDabo obviously has no issue with this, though.  No matter, he believes the original story because politicians never lie.   Cool
(10-27-2017, 07:00 AM)GMDino Wrote: If the story is proven to me made up he should be held accountable and we spent a day debating free speech about something that didn't happen.  I don't remember anyone challenging the validity of the story when I posted it...just whether the waiter was using his free speech.  Weird.

Why would we assume that someone would make such a story up?  There was no indication that the guy might be lying.  Now there is.

Quote:But since those who oppose the kneeling might have "a" story they can use to say all of this is made up it will become the story.  If it wasn't true in the first place.  Congrats?

The irony of course being that you posted this story in the first place for similar, if opposite, purposes.

Quote:Oh!  I high school gay joke!  Clever Joe!

Chortle, keep trying to get "Joe" to stick.  Not a one of your inane nicknames has stuck because you're neither clever or funny.  I will start up a Gofundme account to get you a participants trophy though.  This kind of consistent effort should be acknowledged in some way.
(10-27-2017, 09:13 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Why would we assume that someone would make such a story up?  There was no indication that the guy might be lying.  Now there is.

There is another version of the story. One some choose to believe right away. Weird.

(10-27-2017, 09:13 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The irony of course being that you posted this story in the first place for similar, if opposite, purposes.

I stated, clearly, why I shared the story. If a legitimate site got fooled then so be it. As of right now that is not the case.

(10-27-2017, 09:13 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Chortle, keep trying to get "Joe" to stick.  Not a one of your inane nicknames has stuck because you're neither clever or funny.  I will start up a Gofundme account to get you a participants trophy though.  This kind of consistent effort should be acknowledged in some way.

tsk, tsk...Joe...stick to the facts.
Sidenote:

Wonder if the Dolphins could use a good backup QB?

Mellow
(10-27-2017, 09:50 AM)GMDino Wrote: There is another version of the story.  One some choose to believe right away.  Weird.

We have two, completely different, versions of the same event.  One of them has to be more factually based than the other.  Reasons for believing the server over the player have been delineated.

Quote:I stated, clearly, why I shared the story.  If a legitimate site got fooled then so be it.  As of right now that is not the case.

Yes, and we all completely believe you. Mellow

Quote:tsk, tsk...Joe...stick to the facts.

There was nothing in that post that wasn't factual.
(10-26-2017, 11:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: Are they pro-kneeling? Or do they just carry a lot of stories about since they are a sports site?

I really didn't notice them leaning one way or another on the subject.

I don't know about overall; I just know that every story that I've seen linked to sbnation about kneeling as a clear pro-kneeling bent to it.
Thought I'd engage in a little click baiting, thread title wise.  For those of you who read the, now locked, thread about players kneeling, you will recognize the name of Bruce Maxwell, the Oakland A's catcher who claimed he was refused service, at least initially, because his server stated they were pro-Trump.  The claim was that the server refused to serve Maxwell due to Maxwell's kneeling during the national anthem.  This account has since been disputed, almost in its entirety, by the server in question and the manager on duty at the restaurant.  Well, Maxwell was arrested over the weekend for pointing a gun at a food delivery person and is in jail on a felony ADW charge.  Maybe the delivery person had a Trump bumper sticker?

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/oct/29/oakland-athletics-catcher-bruce-maxwell-arrested-in-Arizona

I'd have put this in the thread mentioned above, but it was locked for some reason.  I post this story to point out that just because someone makes a claim doesn't mean they are telling the truth.  While his recent arrest doesn't nullify the possibility that Maxwell was telling the truth about the encounter in Alabama, it certainly casts a huge shadow on his credibility. 
"Sorry – the page you have requested does not exist
You may have followed an outdated link, or have mistyped a URL. If you believe this to be an error, please report it."

Mellow
(10-30-2017, 12:00 PM)Benton Wrote: "Sorry – the page you have requested does not exist
You may have followed an outdated link, or have mistyped a URL. If you believe this to be an error, please report it."

Mellow

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/21205732/oakland-athletics-catcher-bruce-maxwell-arrested-arizona-gun-charge

I will say that the accusation by the delivery person is no proof of guilt just as Maxwell's accusation of not being served because of Trump is not proof of guilt.

The thread is no longer locked. It was just locked for the weekend, like the others.