Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor not ready to address benching Dalton..
(10-20-2019, 07:24 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: the biggest disappointments this year are

1..,terrible play calling
2.. Mixon is horrible running the ball
3.  Boyd sucks catching the ball'
4,  Eiffert not being used

In all fairness as related to item 4.  If they did use him he just break anyways.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 08:51 AM)Nately120 Wrote: As we appoach the 4th decade of the Mike Brown era I have a good feeling about the crop of players. 

LMAO LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 09:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Do you really think anybody, and I mean anybody, on here thinks this is a top shelf team and only Dalton is holding them back ?

It's not about blame !

Dalton just isn't part of the solution.

Right now; no. At other points; yes.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 10:39 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I asked a question early in the season if depending how this year turns out, would it change your opinion of Marvin as a coach. I’ll have to dig that up.

It would not change my opinion.
I always thought Marvin was a good coach who thought treating every game like the rest was an attempt to calm his team's nerves.
Marvin would probably have this team at about 2-5 or 3-4 right now.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 08:57 AM)motoarch Wrote: In all fairness as related to item 4.  If they did use him he just break anyways.

But they paid for him to produce. If he is hardly used, it's a waste of $$. Use him and take the risk.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 09:39 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It would not change my opinion.
I always thought Marvin was a good coach who thought treating every game like the rest was an attempt to calm his team's nerves.
Marvin would probably have this team at about 2-5 or 3-4 right now.

Marvin lost his final eight games last year. He also was a train wreck but was given almost two decades to produce. Seems like the fans want to replace a rookie coach after seven game and call him a failure. This season is done, give him a little time and see if he and the team improve. BTW Marvins approach to calm his team back fired. He didn't learn in twenty years.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 09:51 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Marvin lost his final eight games last year. He also was a train wreck but was given almost two decades to produce. Seems like the fans want to replace a rookie coach after seven game and call him a failure. This season is done, give him a little time and see if he and the team improve. BTW Marvins approach to calm his team back fired. He didn't learn in twenty years.

I agree. Marvin's attempt to calm absolutely backfired.
I'm fine with moving on from Taylor because his choice in personnel is terrible. 
Turner needs to be gone no later than the bye week and Anarumo needs to go back to coaching secondary.
If Taylor keeps the same staff going into next year (assuming he's here too), this team is going to be more of the same.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'm telling you, benching Dalton is not the right answer. Not this season. The losing sucks and seeing him play like he did yesterday is infuriating. However, lets lock up the #1 pick. IF Finley is half as good as most on here suggest, we'll win a couple of games and drop our draft position. What does that help? It just doesn't. We're at a point where we could potentially be taking our next franchise QB. I'd rather do that with the first or second pick.

As far as "we have to see what we have in Finley", we can still do that next year. We could potentially trade out of the first or second pick and add a few more picks to try and build more of the team. Then ride with Finley in 2020 and if doesn't work, we have a high draft pick to take the next QB.

Mike Brown is a ***** joke and the worst owner and GM in all of professional sports. We've already seen that FA isn't going to be how we re-build. This man covets draft picks and compensatory draft picks because they're cheaper. The only way THIS franchise can re-build is by adding as much draft capital as possible.

I don't want to start Finley this season and end up winning some games that only hurt us. Let Dalton lead us to his replacement or the #1 or #2 pick at least.
Reply/Quote
Maybe Zac should concentrate on being a head coach and not trying to do 2 jobs, play caller and head coach!

This would be the first thing he should try. Immediately fire himself as play caller and promote Brian Callahan.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 09:58 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I agree. Marvin's attempt to calm absolutely backfired.
I'm fine with moving on from Taylor because his choice in personnel is terrible. 
Turner needs to be gone no later than the bye week and Anarumo needs to go back to coaching secondary.
If Taylor keeps the same staff going into next year (assuming he's here too), this team is going to be more of the same.

When he had to wait until after the Super bowl to sign and start building his staff hurt him because he lost a month while other teams built theirs. The best coordinators were gone while other coaches were planning for the draft. As far as the draft goes was Zac here the last five years while the team missed on pick after pick? No. I believe the same idiots who picked all those other busts had the final say again this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:00 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: I'm telling you, benching Dalton is not the right answer. Not this season. The losing sucks and seeing him play like he did yesterday is infuriating. However, lets lock up the #1 pick. IF Finley is half as good as most on here suggest, we'll win a couple of games and drop our draft position. What does that help? It just doesn't. We're at a point where we could potentially be taking our next franchise QB. I'd rather do that with the first or second pick.

As far as "we have to see what we have in Finley", we can still do that next year. We could potentially trade out of the first or second pick and add a few more picks to try and build more of the team. Then ride with Finley in 2020 and if doesn't work, we have a high draft pick to take the next QB.

Mike Brown is a ***** joke and the worst owner and GM in all of professional sports. We've already seen that FA isn't going to be how we re-build. This man covets draft picks and compensatory draft picks because they're cheaper. The only way THIS franchise can re-build is by adding as much draft capital as possible.

I don't want to start Finley this season and end up winning some games that only hurt us. Let Dalton lead us to his replacement or the #1 or #2 pick at least.
I would like to see what Finley has got to offer before taking a chance on a QB. If Finley can actually win a few games while Dalton can't the maybe we could draft a position of need and help the team improve and move up the rebuild by a year.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 06:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The playcalling and coaching is probably worse than the QB'ing.

When guys like Boyd can't catch the ball...something is up?

Something is definitely up because as soon as we went hurry up for like one drive Boyd caught like 3 balls in plays that seemed like Andy called them.

If you can’t get Boyd the ball you aren’t trying. Zac seems allergic to TEs and RBs in the pass game too. That didn’t help
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:14 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: When he had to wait until after the Super bowl to sign and start building his staff hurt him because he lost a month while other teams built theirs. The best coordinators were gone while other coaches were planning for the draft. As far as the draft goes was Zac here the last five years while the team missed on pick after pick? No. I believe the same idiots who picked all those other busts had the final say again this year.

Maybe you're right. We'll have to see this offseason. As I said, if he keeps the same staff, that's bad.
He has to make some personnel changes if the organization hopes to get fans back.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:27 AM)Housh Wrote: Something is definitely up because as soon as we went hurry up for like one drive Boyd caught like 3 balls in plays that seemed like Andy called them.

If you can’t get Boyd the ball you aren’t trying. Zac seems allergic to TEs and RBs in the pass game too. That didn’t help

It's as if he is a bad coach.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:20 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I would like to see what Finley has got to offer before taking a chance on a QB. If Finley can actually win a few games while Dalton can't the maybe we could draft a position of need and help the team improve and move up the rebuild by a year.

we need a better OC and HC.... to run the offense....
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 12:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Because the stands will get emptier and emptier the longer we keep trotting Dalton out there.

A new QB brings excitement, and sells tickets.

Wait, I thought an exciting young head coach with exciting new ideas was the thing to bring excitement and sell tickets.

Lalala
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 06:32 PM)Nati#1 Wrote:  Andy ain't the man, he's not a man in the first place, he's the biggest girl I've ever seen in the pocket.

How old are you?

12?
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:52 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's as if he is a bad coach.

Oh c'mon.. When has Mike Brown EVER hired a bad coach? 

Ok..there was that one time when.... nahhhh!
We've always had the best coaches ever!  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 11:18 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Wait, I thought an exciting young head coach with exciting new ideas was the thing to bring excitement and sell tickets.

Lalala

What? You mean you're not excited and buying tickets?  How can you call yourself a real fan? 
On a side note anyone remember certain people who claimed that if you didn't buy enough Bengals merchandise you were not a real fan..? Ahh, the good old days..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote