Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmerman to auction gun used to kill Martin
(05-12-2016, 05:29 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's the government collecting guns.   Which were possibly purchased before regulations.   Sounds pretty lefty to me.   A gov sponsored event to take away guns from the public.   

Take away guns? Do you mean offer an opportunity to sell a firearm? Gun buyback programs, the ones that I have seen, are not forcing anyone to take part. I wouldn't consider that taking guns away from the public. Voluntary and with compensation doesn't jive with "taking guns away."
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-12-2016, 05:53 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Take away guns? Do you mean offer an opportunity to sell a firearm? Gun buyback programs, the ones that I am seen, are not forcing anyone to take part. I wouldn't consider that taking guns away from the public. Voluntary and with compensation doesn't jive with "taking guns away."

In fact it is a free market approach.
(05-12-2016, 05:53 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Take away guns? Do you mean offer an opportunity to sell a firearm? Gun buyback programs, the ones that I am seen, are not forcing anyone to take part. I wouldn't consider that taking guns away from the public. Voluntary and with compensation doesn't jive with "taking guns away."

Gots to go with Matt on this one. When I was in Afghanistan we had places where locals could turn in their guns; sometimes they were offered compensation in the form of blankets. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Aaaaaand, it's back up for auction. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36281438
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
what a piece of shit
(05-12-2016, 05:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you consider the police to be "lefties".

Interesting.  That does not match what you have said in other discussions.

No.   I consider taking guns from citizens a lefty move.   
(05-12-2016, 05:53 PM)I\m Belsnickel Wrote: Take away guns? Do you mean offer an opportunity to sell a firearm? Gun buyback programs, the ones that I have seen, are not forcing anyone to take part. I wouldn't consider that taking guns away from the public. Voluntary and with compensation doesn't jive with "taking guns away."

Couldn't they just sell to another citizen?  Why promote the government buying them?   There is enough buyers in the secondary market.   
(05-12-2016, 06:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In fact it is a free market approach.

If this was true then was is the government promoting sales to them?   Why not encourage person to person sales instead of the person to government.  
(05-12-2016, 06:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Gots to go with Matt on this one. When I was in Afghanistan we had places where locals could turn in their guns; sometimes they were offered compensation in the form of blankets. 

afghanistan lol. Not quite the free society.    But good for them, if I lived in a but I would probably want blankets too 
(05-12-2016, 07:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: afghanistan lol. Not quite the free society.    But good for them, if I lived in a but I would probably want blankets too 

there go those bathroom desires again.

never ceases to amaze me how much you lionize zimmerman.  
(05-12-2016, 07:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: afghanistan lol. Not quite the free society.    But good for them, if I lived in a but I would probably want blankets too 

No, but we did give them an opportunity to get something useful in exchange for getting guns out of the community. I do suppose the biggest difference is; that if we asked you couldn't always freely decline. 

I can only assume your device auto-corrected hut. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-12-2016, 07:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No, but we did give them an opportunity to get something useful in exchange for getting guns out of the community. I do suppose the biggest difference is; that if we asked you couldn't always freely decline. 

I can only assume your device auto-corrected hut. 

Yes it did lol 
(05-12-2016, 07:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No.   I consider taking guns from citizens a lefty move.   

Don't try selling that nonsense to a Reaganite...they'll shoot ya!
(05-12-2016, 07:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Couldn't they just sell to another citizen?  Why promote the government buying them?   There is enough buyers in the secondary market.   

Citizens usually end up with the good ones.
People walk the lines asking what people are selling.
If it's something nice, they offer the person more than the cops are offering.

It's also an easy way to make some cash.
You can make homemade shotguns for around $30/each.
Most buybacks do not stipulate firearms from a manufacturer, so you can make a killing.
I haven't done it, but know people who have.
Insecure cowards tend to support other insecure cowards. It's no wonder we see so much support for this loser.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-12-2016, 09:52 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Citizens usually end up with the good ones.
People walk the lines asking what people are selling.
If it's something nice, they offer the person more than the cops are offering.

It's also an easy way to make some cash.
You can make homemade shotguns for around $30/each.
Most buybacks do not stipulate firearms from a manufacturer, so you can make a killing.
I haven't done it, but know people who have.

That's fantastic.   I love when people shaft these programs.   They are so ridiculous.   
Where is the auction? I can't seem to find it
Zimmerman seems to have something of a death wish. If he had any common sense he would be as low profile as possible. He seems to enjoy being both infamous and considered a martyr. Even if you 100% believe his story you'd think he'd display some regret that an encounter he created ended someone's life. Also, a keltec? You could give me a keltec for free and I'd refuse it, complete garbage company. Was a glock too expensive for him? I'm glad the auction is off gunbroker, I love that site and have purchased several firearms through it.
(05-12-2016, 11:33 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Zimmerman seems to have something of a death wish. If he had any common sense he would be as low profile as possible. He seems to enjoy being both infamous and considered a martyr. Even if you 100% believe his story you'd think he'd display some regret that an encounter he created ended someone's life. Also, a keltec? You could give me a keltec for free and I'd refuse it, complete garbage company. Was a glock too expensive for him? I'm glad the auction is off gunbroker, I love that site and have purchased several firearms through it.

C'mon... a PMR30 or a KSG would be fun.
(05-12-2016, 10:54 AM)GMDino Wrote: Well, IMHO, this piece of shit has deluded himself into believing he didn't just defend himself but that he made a stand for everyone who wants to stalk someone and then shoot them when the other person stands up them.

Lol... still clinging to that lie.

And Mike Brown had his hands up don't shoot.