Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmerman to auction gun used to kill Martin
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/05/12/george-zimmerman-to-auction-off-gun-he-used-to-kill-trayvon-martin/
Quote:George Zimmerman shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin on February 26, 2012. Zimmerman was charged with second-degree murder and manslaughter, then acquitted by a Florida jury on July 13, 2013. The case sparked a nationwide debate and protests over “stand your ground” laws and race relations in the United States.

Now, Zimmerman is auctioning off the 9-millimeter pistol he used to kill Martin on a website called GunBroker.com.

“I am honored and humbled to announce the sale of an American Firearm Icon,” he wrote in the description of the gun used to kill the unarmed, black teenager. “The firearm for sale is the firearm that was used to defend my life and end the brutal attack from Trayvon Martin on 2/26/2012.”
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-12-2016, 09:18 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/05/12/george-zimmerman-to-auction-off-gun-he-used-to-kill-trayvon-martin/

Will it fire with all that Freedom Sauce™ I'm sure he and his friends he spewed all over it?

Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Why would he be humbled or honored? It's something he's doing all on his own.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-12-2016, 10:50 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Why would he be humbled or honored?  It's something he's doing all on his own.

Well, IMHO, this piece of shit has deluded himself into believing he didn't just defend himself but that he made a stand for everyone who wants to stalk someone and then shoot them when the other person stands up them.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-12-2016, 09:18 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/05/12/george-zimmerman-to-auction-off-gun-he-used-to-kill-trayvon-martin/

TBH, I thought this took place a long time ago.

Google is refusing my search on it.
It's saying it's offline.
Conspiracy!
lol
It appears the gun was taken off the site. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36281438?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Generic Zimmerman thought, but you know black males are the lowest rung of society when right-wingers will embrace a minority with a long criminal record because he shot one.
maybe someone here can pick it up and walk around their gated community with it.
It's is right to make some cash off the sale. But this is just poor taste, and all it does is fire up the zealots which will end up making him some more money.
(05-12-2016, 01:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Generic Zimmerman thought, but you know black males are the lowest rung of society when right-wingers will embrace a minority with a long criminal record because he shot one.

We're still trying to figure out where "white-Hispanic" fits on the depth chart.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

They took it down when a gangster in a hoodie tried to buy it.
(05-12-2016, 01:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They took it down when a gangster in a hoodie tried to buy it.

But they're NOT AFRAID OF BULLIES!
(05-12-2016, 01:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They took it down when a gangster in a hoodie tried to buy it.

In all seriousness, I would have been concerned, were I Zimmerman, of someone buying it with the sole intention of killing him with it.

(05-12-2016, 01:59 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: In all seriousness, I would have been concerned, were I Zimmerman, of someone buying it with the sole intention of killing him with it.

I doubt he cares about that ....   I would have figured some anti gun leftist would have paid top dollar to take it out of people's hands.    This is all just a ploy for all these anti gun people to drive up the price.  
(05-12-2016, 02:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:  This is all just a ploy for all these anti gun people to drive up the price.  

Could be Obama, using Zim-zam to further divide the country on gun control.

OBAMA: "Look....these animals are glorifying the tool that killed what could have been my son".

SECRET SERVICE AGENT: "They've got your IP, Mr. President. You better delete the ad and threaten to crash Gunbroker, should they divulge the information."

OBAMA: "SASSAFRAS !!"
(05-12-2016, 02:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I doubt he cares about that ....   I would have figured some anti gun leftist would have paid top dollar to take it out of people's hands.    This is all just a ploy for all these anti gun people to drive up the price.  

Only in the NRA's wildest dreams do lefties protest gun ownership by purchasing guns.
(05-12-2016, 05:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Only in the NRA's wildest dreams do lefties protest gun ownership by purchasing guns.

So all the gun buyback programs aren't pushed by lefties?  
(05-12-2016, 05:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So all the gun buyback programs aren't pushed by lefties?  

Only if police departments are all "lefties".
(05-12-2016, 05:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Only if police departments are all "lefties".

It's the government collecting guns.   Which were possibly purchased before regulations.   Sounds pretty lefty to me.   A gov sponsored event to take away guns from the public.   
(05-12-2016, 05:29 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's the government collecting guns.   Which were possibly purchased before regulations.   Sounds pretty lefty to me.   A gov sponsored event to take away guns from the public.   

So you consider the police to be "lefties".

Interesting.  That does not match what you have said in other discussions.