Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 1.44 Average
burrows aint true elite yet
I'll take Burrow over all other quarterbacks in the league. Tough ending tonight to a great season. I really enjoyed watching this team and can't wait to see what they can accomplish next season
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re absolutely clueless. Mahomes did not take a team friendly deal at all.

you might wanna do a little more research before calling me clueless
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:35 AM)Leon Wrote: like i been saying since last year he dont play great in playoffs. he just manages to be ok and leans on defence to wins games in playoffs. he had 2 big picks today and couldnt lead them to a score with 2 minutes left. thats why i tell folks to ease up on the elite talkn just yet. elite guys come up big in playoffs an have huge games. burrows hasnt yet. im very disappointed in his play today.

Wait..In another thread it's all rigged.. Predetermined!  Which one is it sonny? You want us to all freeze or get down on the floor?  (raising Arizona reference)
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:44 AM)Leon Wrote: really. your ok blaming the defense that held them to 20 until that last drive at arrowhead but you criticize anyone who says joe an offense didnt play very good. just wow. 

Bengals Oline gave up sacks and had penalties but on the season I'm gonna be hard on the offensive coaches because I hated the leverages in the rush schemes.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:41 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Actually it is extremely team friendly.  Only a $10M signing bonus that cost $2M per year, the guarantees are rolling so the team doesnt have to put up all the cash in escrow immediately. 

After signing his contract Mahomes cap hit was $5M and $7M the next 2 seasons.

This is exactly the type of deal we need for Joe we can pay him $600M making him the highest paid and still afford to pay the best guys.

I don’t see how it’s “team friendly” if it’s a history making contract. That makes absolutely no sense. They might have structured it as best they could, but Mahomes didn’t leave money on the table like Brady used to do (most people’s example of truly team friendly deals).

Burrow is going to reset the market. And you do it and don’t even think twice about it.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:37 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He is not elite yet, he needs to show it next couple years with what he has been  doing  and  continue wining in playoffs. 

Burrow led QBs in rating and accuracy last year while taking a terrible team with obviously the dumbest fanbase to the SB in his 1st season. 

Burrow is the most accurate QB in NFL history and this season is Top 3 in almost every single category taking a historic bad organization with the dumbest fans to the AFC Championship game back to back. 

But he is not elite?

Guess who is not elite?   Hint, a couple are posting in this thread.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 5 to 2, but that hardly tells the whole story. Chris Jones absolutely wrecked that game. 2 years in a row a DT has cost us a ring (or at least a shot at one).

Who cares? We got our QB. Mahomes wouldn’t have played well with this OL either. We saw it in the Super Bowl against the Bucs.

Your clueless he played well with average WRs, he is better to avoid presser and his drop is 7 yards because of his arm and ability  to buy time.
Reply/Quote
The Chiefs moon was in their 7th house and Jupiter aligned with Mars.. Ours was hit by an asteroid.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:46 AM)grampahol Wrote: Wait..In another thread it's all rigged.. Predetermined!  Which one is it sonny? You want us to all freeze or get down on the floor?  (raising Arizona reference)

may want to read my post again in that thread friend. i said i think thev refs were crooked AND the bengals made it even easoer on them by not playing good
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:44 AM)Leon Wrote: really. your ok blaming the defense that held them to 20 until that last drive at arrowhead but you criticize anyone who says joe an offense didnt play very good. just wow. 

Mahomes was playing on one leg and missing multiple WR’s. There no excuse for giving up 116 yards to a guy like Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

And who said we can’t blame the offense? The OL was terrible.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:38 AM)bengals67 Wrote: If Joe had chiefs o line we would have won by 14

He was getting creamed most of the night.

If Joe is not elite then there are no elite qbs

Yes.It’s as simple as that.If we had a good OL we would have won easily.Unfortunate the injuries to our 3 starters on the OL happened.But sometimes these things happen.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:39 AM)basballguy Wrote: It blows my mind people think Mahomes was hurt.  I rolled my ankle the other day playing indoor volleyball and i also acted like i was dying and losing my leg.  

Mahomes milked that shit...the Chiefs milked that shit.  He was not injured (as it shows since he wasn't even on the injury report)

He was on the injury report all week.  He just practiced fully.  There's no question it affected his play.  We just weren't able to take advantage of it.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t see how it’s “team friendly” if it’s a history making contract. That makes absolutely no sense. They might have structured it as best they could, but Mahomes didn’t leave money on the table like Brady used to do (most people’s example of truly team friendly deals).

Burrow is going to reset the market. And you do it and don’t even think twice about it.

It is absolutely team friendly.

Extremely low signing bonus, cap hit is 2 years off and when it idid hit was only $27.4M per , it eventually goes up to 34M, 39M

But look at Josh Allen $40M , then 50M..
Watson - 46M every year
Look Kyler and Russ....

Pat 20M cheaper than those guys and the cap about to take off?  C'mon now, you need to really look at this.

This doesnt take into account not handcuffing the organization with escrow.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:45 AM)bk42 Wrote: I'll take Burrow over all other quarterbacks in the league.  Tough ending tonight to a great season.  I really enjoyed watching this team and can't wait to see what they can accomplish next season

It's always next season in Cincinnati... Motto since Paul Brown died....
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:40 AM)Foolishpride Wrote: Who is this Burrows you speak of?

I think I saw him in Krogers the other day.  Or maybe it was Meijers.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:45 AM)Leon Wrote: you might wanna do a little more research before calling me clueless

And you might want to learn how to spell our starting QB’s frigging name so you don’t come off as such.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:48 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Burrow led QBs in rating and accuracy last year while taking a terrible team with obviously the dumbest fanbase to the SB in his 1st season. 

Burrow is the most accurate QB in NFL history and this season is Top 3 in almost every single category taking a historic bad organization with the dumbest fans to the AFC Championship game back to back. 

But he is not elite?

Guess who is not elite?   Hint, a couple are posting in this thread.

So guess Hurt wins super bowl he is elite then, not to me..., time is what makes elite. Mahomes is elite now , Burrow Allen not yet. Herbert Hurt solid could get there but we will see.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mahomes was playing on one leg and missing multiple WR’s. There no excuse for giving up 116 yards to a guy like Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

And who said we can’t blame the offense? The OL was terrible.

i bet i know one player you will never blame 
Reply/Quote
Patrick Mahomes signed a very team-friendly deal. I'd love Burrow to sign a similar deal
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
All Burrow had to do was score on that final drive,and he would have been crowned as the best QB in the league by most people.Burrow wasn’t the problem.The problem was the OL.Anyone with any football knowledge can see that.
Reply/Quote