Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
news from OTAs
(05-25-2021, 02:35 PM)pally Wrote:

Sick
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 03:54 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Sick

Hoard's "don't read too much into that" is the important part of the tweet and honestly, it's silly he reported on it. Zac clearly explained the purpose of the OTAs today.

Now if  Sick is a "ugh, I wish we had better OL" I feel you! 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 03:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a ridiculous comment.

What former players did not want to win?

I'd say a whole slew of them over the years were very content just coming in and getting paid. You can tell the one's the really want to win and are bothered by losing.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 04:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd say a whole slew of them over the years were very content just coming in and getting paid. You can tell the one's the really want to win and are bothered by losing.

There is also a difference in wanting to win and putting in the work to win, which I think is why you and many of us fan are excited by what we're seeing today. I think we need to temper expectations, because this is the Bengals and Zac we're talking about, but the offseason always gives me hope as a long time Bengals fan. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 03:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a ridiculous comment.

What former players did not want to win?

I can name a few that put winning second to self.

I agree it was worded poorly.

I'm glad to see player putting team above self..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 04:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd say a whole slew of them over the years were very content just coming in and getting paid. You can tell the one's the really want to win and are bothered by losing.

(05-25-2021, 04:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I can name a few that put winning second to self.

Give me some names
Reply/Quote
Love all that I am hearing, the team sounds like a family out there and we brought in a lot of players especially on Defense
so it is a bit surprising everyone has got along so well. Trey Hendrickson for example loves the team and coaches. I am just
hoping the coaching gets better which could definitely happen with the additions of Pollack and Hobby and Taylor still being
young enough to learn. I don't have much hope for Lou but that goes without saying.

The players we have brought in gives me optimism along with Burrow's progress since the injury.

As he said, he just has to be cautious and not push too hard at this time.
Reply/Quote
Pay the man.

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 06:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Give me some names

Dunlap posted a depth chart on social media before a game because HE had been moved down it

AJ Green took it easy in 2019 or else he had the worst sprained ankle in the history of the world

Andy Dalton when he got benched and demanded a trade

Do you need more?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 07:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dunlap posted a depth chart on social media before a game because HE had been moved down it

AJ Green took it easy in 2019 or else he had the worst sprained ankle in the history of the world

Do you need more?

You could name hundreds if you wanted and Fred would still argue...

People need to stick to the news of the OTA's. I see something good a brewin' here and it is pretty obvious to me.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 07:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pay the man.

Yeah, pony up the dough. Pay Jessie Bates III. Cool
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 07:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dunlap posted a depth chart on social media before a game because HE had been moved down it

Do you need more?

That one turd olineman we traded Buffalo for 
Reply/Quote
So good to see and hear.
Reply/Quote
Sounding good.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 07:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pay the man.

Have a feeling the deal is done, just won't announce it yet.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

I will give you names. AJ Green and Carlos Dunlap. They cared more about themselves and future contracts then putting it all out there to win.

Go back and watch game tapes of his effort. Remember the play where pass was intercepted and the guy ran right by AJ and he made no attempt (effort) to tackle him. He later apologized for his effort. That is contagious. Carlos Dunlap is on record saying he sometimes makes a business decision on the field about his effort. That was not just under Taylor as M Lewis had problems keeping him motivated as well. I don't know if that lack of effort rubbed off on Geno but the last 2 years of him was more than I could stomach to watch. Maybe he was playing injured or maybe he learned from Carlos to make business decisions on the field. His production really dropped off. Those guys are gone now. 

I could not find 2019 OTA Attendance but did see that 2 guys, Carlos Dunlap and Dre Kirkpatrick missed the 2018 OTA's . Shocker.

That is more than lack of effort in my book that is a cancer in the locker room. That is why Taylor knew he needed to change the culture. First draft class he went after captains of their teams next draft class he went after high motor guys. Lets hope that is enough to change the culture and get some winning going on here with his franchise. So far I like what I hear from the players but as they say I see better than I hear.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 10:49 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Have a feeling the deal is done, just won't announce it yet.

I don't believe it can be announced/official until post June 1st.

Not sure where I read that, but it was in some article about extending Bates and Hubbard.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 02:35 PM)pally Wrote:

Pretty much confirms that XSF is going to the bench soon.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeVQyFWiWMY

Joe is on target. Everything else should fall into place with reps and time to heal.
Reply/Quote

Pretty much every player we've seen through the years that on offense goes 3 and out, or on defense allows a huge play, then is seen cutting up laughing on the bench. Losing is not supposed to be fun. The anti-Pacmans...... and you know as well as everyone else the team has had them.
Reply/Quote