Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
news from OTAs
(05-27-2021, 12:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Nobody is allowed within 10 feet of him. Relax

Let's just hope that the OL enforces that policy, once the pads go on and the action is live.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 01:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Let's just hope that the OL enforces that policy, once the pads go on and the action is live.

There ya go, practice like you play!
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 12:53 AM)Mobster Wrote: Dunlap was a toddler who needed a babysitter. We're replacing those kinds of guys with actual grownups.

Grown ups don't just sit there and take it when an incompetent boss treats them like shit.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 02:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Grown ups don't just sit there and take it when an incompetent boss treats them like shit.

If they don't have another job to go to, have a family to support and bills to pay they most certainly do.

You must be privileged Frederick.  You can tell your boss to kiss your a$$, quit your job and have no worries about it.  Good for you.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 11:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: When Dalton got benched he was the worst starting QB in the NFL. Carlos Dunlap was playing like garbage. 

Andy Dalton didn't want to go to a 3-5 Bears team primarily because "He wanted to win". He wanted to go because 'He wanted to start"

When Dalton was benched he gave the Bengals a much better chance of winning than Finley.  And the fact that Taylor could not figure that out proved to Dalton that he did not have much chance of winning here.

That 3-5 Bears team was 12-4 the previous season.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 02:09 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: If they don't have another job to go to, have a family to support and bills to pay they most certainly do.

You must be privileged Frederick.  You can tell your boss to kiss your a$$, quit your job and have no worries about it.  Good for you.

Dunlap knew he would have another job immediately.  Every other coach in the league knew what he could do.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 02:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote:  
When Dalton was benched he gave the Bengals a much better chance of winning than Finley.  And the fact that Taylor could not figure that out proved to Dalton that he did not have much chance of winning here.

That 3-5 Bears team was 12-4 the previous season.

That Bears team also ended up making the playoffs 2 out of the 3 years they had Mitch Trubisky starting...any QB on a sub .500 should have wanted to be there.

(05-27-2021, 02:09 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: If they don't have another job to go to, have a family to support and bills to pay they most certainly do.

Imagine if as soon as you graduate from college or trade school an employer gets to employ you and you have no say in how they run things or where you live.  NFL players are more important than we are and the ones who want out of one place usually have options where they can go.  It's just business when the owners cut players, so what goes around comes around and so on.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 02:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dunlap knew he would have another job immediately.  Every other coach in the league knew what he could do.

You said grown ups, not Dunlap.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 02:29 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: You said grown ups, not Dunlap.

Dunlap is still playing football.  It's up to Mike Brown to win a SB and make him feel like an idiot for leaving.  Just like it was the Steelers' job to win a SB and make Bell and Brown look stupid for leaving...rather, they were playing in the SB while the Steelers got beat by the Browns in their own stadium.

SAD TROMBONER
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 03:50 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Ummm were you expecting anything different at this time?

First and foremost for what
It’s worth we should’ve and I expected us to have gone Sewell but whatever.... however, they also should have at least already brought Trae Turner in here annnnn we should be strong players for Morgan Moses. After what happened to our qb last year how can u with a straight face feel comfortable going into next season with the 5 guys listed as starters?
Yes I expected a much better improvement than this at this point from the bengals
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 02:33 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: First and foremost for what
It’s worth we should’ve and I expected us to have gone Sewell but whatever.... however, they also should have at least already brought Trae Turner in here annnnn we should be strong players for Morgan Moses. After what happened to our qb last year how can u with a straight face feel comfortable going into next season with the 5 guys listed as starters?
Yes I expected a much better improvement than this at this point from the bengals

Horrible take.

Jettisoned:

- Redmond
- Hart
- Finney
- Sutherland (actually, he may be still on the team)

2 horrid starters, one guy who barely saw any action and a PS guy.

Added:

- Reiff (FA)
- Carman (Draft)
- Smith (Draft)
- Hill (Draft)

Lose 4 dead weights, pick up 1 GOOD starter, draft another G that's unknown (but should be very good), draft a future T to develop and an interior guy that is in limbo.

But that isn't improving?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 02:48 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Horrible take.

Jettisoned:

- Redmond
- Hart
- Finney

Added:

- Reiff (FA)
- Carman (Draft)
- Smith (Draft)
- Hill (Draft)

Lose 4 dead weights, pick up 1 GOOD starter, draft another G that's unknown (but should be very good), draft a future T to develop and an interior guy that is in limbo.

Yes they improved.

Was it enough given their needs and cap space?

I say no- particularly since they took Chase instead of Sewell.

And i think Chase will be a great player. 

Drafting Chase should have resulted in at least one other quality free agent vet equivalent or better than Reiff.
Reply/Quote
Hey, this is generic pre-draft talk...we're onto "players wanting out" talk! Stay on the topic that is already off-topic!
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 02:52 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Yes they improved.

Was it enough given their needs and cap space?

I say no- particularly since they took Chase instead of Sewell.

And i think Chase will be a great player. 

Drafting Chase should have resulted in at least one other quality free agent vet equivalent or better than Reiff.

Spain is not even close to the bum people think he is.
I know people coveted Linsley or Thuney, but if we couldn't get 'em, we couldn't get 'em. The line has been shored up considerably, they just need to stay healthy; talent is not longer lacking, but health and depth is.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 02:48 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Horrible take.

Jettisoned:

- Redmond
- Hart
- Finney

Added:

- Reiff (FA)
- Carman (Draft)
- Smith (Draft)
- Hill (Draft)

Bro u responded like a female. I never said they didn’t improve. My case is clear that I simply don’t think they did enough. A winless team improves the next year if they win one game. Is that enough... no. Now I love the draft and the selections but those are all unknowns just like everyone else in the oline other than Reiff and he’s brand new here so no they didn’t do enough.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 03:01 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Bro u responded like a female. I never said they didn’t improve. My case is clear that I simply don’t think they did enough. A winless team improves the next year if they win one game. Is that enough... no. Now I love the draft and the selections but those are all unknowns just like everyone else in the oline other than Reiff and he’s brand new here so no they didn’t do enough.

What does that even mean?

And, "I don't think they did enough," = "I don't think they improved." If you did think they improved, then you indeed think they did enough; can't have it both ways.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 02:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dunlap knew he would have another job immediately.  Every other coach in the league knew what he could do.

He immediately got a job coming off the bench. The same role he was asked to do here but instead of trying to help the team improve he blasted our depth chart of social media.

I get toy shtick around here is to be the contrarian but infuse some common sense every now and again.

Carlos Dunlap cared more about Carlos Dunlap than he did the Bengals winning. Neither he or Andy asked for anything publicly while we were going winless and they were starting.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 02:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Dunlap is still playing football.  It's up to Mike Brown to win a SB and make him feel like an idiot for leaving.  Just like it was the Steelers' job to win a SB and make Bell and Brown look stupid for leaving...rather, they were playing in the SB while the Steelers got beat by the Browns in their own stadium.

SAD TROMBONER

Carlos Dunlap was an edge rusher who had a total of 1 sack on an 0-7 team. While you, Fred and others think it "treating him like shit" or "incompetent" but I have no issue with the coach trying a little different approach. Obviously Carlos had to show folks on the doll where Zac hurt him.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 01:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Relax?  They're treating him like a china doll!  Burrow must be furious he's being protected like that.

I was more worried about him slipping/stepping wrong on the wet grass while dropping back messing up his knee. All the mud or wet turf etc. I know qb's aren't touched during OTA's, not sure what that reply had to do with the rain comment.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 04:44 PM)jj22 Wrote: I was more worried about him slipping/stepping wrong on the wet grass while dropping back messing up his knee. All the mud or wet turf etc. I know qb's aren't touched during OTA's, not sure what that reply had to do with the rain comment.

hmmmmm.......cleats?
Reply/Quote