Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
news from OTAs
(05-25-2021, 07:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dunlap posted a depth chart on social media before a game because HE had been moved down it

AJ Green took it easy in 2019 or else he had the worst sprained ankle in the history of the world

Andy Dalton when he got benched and demanded a trade

Do you need more?

Green I don't know about Green.  In 2020 he still looked injured to me. Funny how you defend guys you like when they get injured like Gresham, but choose to bash Green.

The reason Dalton and Dunlap acted the way they did is that the coaches did not care enough about winning to play the best players.  The team had a better chance of winning with Dalton and Dunlap starting than with them sitting on the bench.  If they did not care about winning they would have just sat on the bench and collected their paychecks.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 01:01 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I don't believe it can be announced/official until post June 1st.

Not sure where I read that, but it was in some article about extending Bates and Hubbard.

Agreed.

I'm not 100% sure if the June 1st designation applies to a situation like his, but if it does, makes complete sense.

I'm basing it on gut feeling, but the (little) evidence we have is:

1. He's all of a sudden become not only a leader, but a vocal leader; guys don't typically start talking to the media about their exploits in leadership, unless something has changed.
2. He's leading team meetings and organizing things; if he knows he's not coming back, I don't see why he would do this (again, not out of the realm of possibility, but it'd be kinda weird).
3. Biggest tell of all, IMO, is that he's our new NFLPA player rep. Again, if he doesn't expect to come back at all, I don't know why he'd take up that mantle, for just 1 season.

But yeah, these are just hypotheses and guesses; he may not be signed yet, but I just have a gut feeling that due to the above, he's here for a while.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 09:54 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Agreed.

I'm not 100% sure if the June 1st designation applies to a situation like his, but if it does, makes complete sense.

I'm basing it on gut feeling, but the (little) evidence we have is:

1. He's all of a sudden become not only a leader, but a vocal leader; guys don't typically start talking to the media about their exploits in leadership, unless something has changed.
2. He's leading team meetings and organizing things; if he knows he's not coming back, I don't see why he would do this (again, not out of the realm of possibility, but it'd be kinda weird).
3. Biggest tell of all, IMO, is that he's our new NFLPA player rep. Again, if he doesn't expect to come back at all, I don't know why he'd take up that mantle, for just 1 season.

But yeah, these are just hypotheses and guesses; he may not be signed yet, but I just have a gut feeling that due to the above, he's here for a while.

I like what you’re saying and hope your gut is right.

However, wouldn’t you do the 3 things listed to help you land a better job in free agency as well? Sounds like being a leader and the NFLPA thing is something he could add to his resume when negotiating in FA.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 01:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Heck yeah. This is what happens when you bring in players who want to win.

Hopefully they don't google ZT's win percentage.
Reply/Quote
I love hearing about this turnout and guys getting out there and excited. Especially in comparison to some other teams. Feels less like the Bengals are going through the motions like a normal year, and they really want more. Now it's time for Zac to show what he's got.
Reply/Quote
I'm curious how McPherson looked on the 1st day? I wonder if he kicked any from 50 plus?
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 01:42 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: I'm curious how McPherson looked on the 1st day?  I wonder if he kicked any from 50 plus?

Heard he was opening everyone's water bottles from 50 yards out.  
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 11:53 AM)MileHighGrowler Wrote:  Now it's time for Zac to show what he's got.

pretty sure we have seen it.

But there still hope i guess.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 08:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Green I don't know about Green.  In 2020 he still looked injured to me. Funny how you defend guys you like when they get injured like Gresham, but choose to bash Green.

The reason Dalton and Dunlap acted the way they did is that the coaches did not care enough about winning to play the best players.  The team had a better chance of winning with Dalton and Dunlap starting than with them sitting on the bench.  If they did not care about winning they would have just sat on the bench and collected their paychecks.

Good call: Jermaine missed 6 games in 5 years playing one of the most physically demanding positions on the field. What is there to defend?

AJ was one of my favorite Bengals, and I have 0 dislike toward him; but I just don't think he was in a big hurry to return to a 2-win football team in 19 during a contract year

The Dalton and Dunlap slants you're trying to sell is just BS. There's 0 logic behind it; they didn't want to sit the bench because it hurt their value. How doesn't Andy wanting to be traded or Dunlap acting like a child help the Bengals win?  

This doesn't even question Cordy Glenn's "concussion". 

But as others have said: It really doesn't matter how many examples you are given. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 04:41 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Heard he was opening everyone's water bottles from 50 yards out.  

That's a good one "Z"!
Reply/Quote
Not to sound any alarms but they were playing it dangerously letting Burrow throw in the rain today.....

https://www.bengals.com/photos/photo-gallery-bengals-ota-practice-no-2#19e9df81-18fd-4b80-a7e0-ab44323d7bfd

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 06:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Dalton and Dunlap slants you're trying to sell is just BS. There's 0 logic behind it; they didn't want to sit the bench because it hurt their value. How doesn't Andy wanting to be traded or Dunlap acting like a child help the Bengals win?  

Dalton and Dunlap wanted to win.  They only wanted away from the Bengals when it was clear they would not win here.

When your head coach can't tell that Dalton was better than Finley then it is time to get out of here if you care about winning.  And it is pretty much the opposite of "acting like a child".  Children will sit quietly and not complain when they get treated like shit by incompetent bosses.  Real men get the hell out of there.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 01:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Heck yeah. This is what happens when you bring in players who want to win.

"You guys lost!"

"Well yea, but we WANTED to win."

"Well that's good."
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 08:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dalton and Dunlap wanted to win.  They only wanted away from the Bengals when it was clear they would not win here.

When your head coach can't tell that Dalton was better than Finley then it is time to get out of here if you care about winning.  And it is pretty much the opposite of "acting like a child".  Children will sit quietly and not complain when they get treated like shit by incompetent bosses.  Real men get the hell out of there.

When Dalton got benched he was the worst starting QB in the NFL. Carlos Dunlap was playing like garbage. 

Andy Dalton didn't want to go to a 3-5 Bears team primarily because "He wanted to win". He wanted to go because 'He wanted to start"

WTS, I clearly said saying "they didn't want to win" was poorly worded; but grasp what you can. 

I said they put themselves above winning. It's obvious to 99.9% of folks they did exactly that. There's always that 0.01%..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow should hire my grandson to be his voice double. They speak almost the same way with the same voice.. It's like listening to my grandson when Joe speaks and thinking of that my grandson is also a Joe.. Coincidence? I think not! Both look like they could be in Jr High too!
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 08:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dalton and Dunlap wanted to win.  They only wanted away from the Bengals when it was clear they would not win here.

Dunlap was a toddler who needed a babysitter. We're replacing those kinds of guys with actual grownups.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 05:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: pretty sure we have seen it.

But there still hope i guess.

I don't disagree with that.  But I think the time to give excuses for anything less than a really good season are now past.  The roster is fully his, the team is showing up and the players seem 100% committed to what's going on.  If the coaches can't take this team to the playoffs, they can't take any team to the playoffs. 
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 10:13 AM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I don't disagree with that.  But I think the time to give excuses for anything less than a really good season are now past.  The roster is fully his, the team is showing up and the players seem 100% committed to what's going on.  If the coaches can't take this team to the playoffs, they can't take any team to the playoffs. 

Yep, barring any sort of catastrophe this team makes the playoffs or the coaches have to go.  If we have a bunch of players who want to win we can't keep a HC who never wins without them wanting out.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 07:35 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not to sound any alarms but they were playing it dangerously letting Burrow throw in the rain today.....

https://www.bengals.com/photos/photo-gallery-bengals-ota-practice-no-2#19e9df81-18fd-4b80-a7e0-ab44323d7bfd

Nobody is allowed within 10 feet of him. Relax
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 12:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Nobody is allowed within 10 feet of him. Relax

Relax?  They're treating him like a china doll!  Burrow must be furious he's being protected like that.
Reply/Quote