Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
transcript redactions from Orlando shooting
Wait...i was told, a few days back, that the reason these mass shootings happen are because the shootees aren't Muslim. But this shooter specifically said the reason he was out there doing it was because of bombing in Syria and Iraq. 

Now i'm confused. Mellow

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(06-20-2016, 08:53 PM)Benton Wrote: Sorry, figured you could read between those lines.

Yes, they are, to answer your question.

If most people hear there's a radical Muslim in their neighborhood, they'll make an ignorant joke about "aren't they all?". If they hear there's al-Qaeda or ISIS, they'll react more seriously.

Wait... I can guess you're going to disagree.

Try it this way.

Dukhtaran-e-Millat
al-Qaeda
ASA
Ansar Bait al-Maqdis
ETA
Nabil Abou-Harb

Al-Shabaabal

Without Googling, which ones are terrorist groups? Which ones succeeded in making you know them instead of the other radical muslims?

Yep, we're gonna disagree. I think identifying the threat is key to destroying it and the more knowledge I can receive about that threat the less I am going to be apprehensive as to their motives. I suppose you and POTUS think ignorance is best for the populace. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

The oddest thing about the redaction was the President already said this was cased by a radical religious person.

But then if we can't blame the Muslim/Atheist in Chief he can we blame?

Carry on.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-20-2016, 09:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep, we're gonna disagree. I think identifying the threat is key to destroying it and the more knowledge I can receive about that threat the less I am going to be apprehensive as to their motives. I suppose you and POTUS think ignorance is best for the populace. 

Ahem... Did you not read the question?
(06-21-2016, 01:31 AM)Benton Wrote: Ahem... Did you not read the question?

Thought you could read between the lines. I've heard of al-Qaeda, ETA, and Al-Shabaabal.  

The problem is people are fricking morons. And the internet age has created a lot of copy cats. Ever since serving i have thought the general public doesnt need to know everything. Nor should they have the right to. Giving away our "secrets" has a detrimental effect on national security. The general public shouldn't know what our new best weapons can do. Or how many troops are deploying when and where. Freedom of information has harmed our military might.

There are plenty of bat shit crazy people out there. It isnt hard to comprehend the fact giving world wide mass publicity to a crazy religious nut might end up making more that want to follow in his footsteps.

The cinnamon challenge, ice bucket challenge, kylie jenner lip suction bullshit, knock out game... People will go to great lengths to get there name out there. Throw in 44 virgins or whatever it is and old crazy Muhammad might just get a wild hair up his ass because he just saw home boy in orlando get famous.

Screw giving free massive amounts of air time to terrorists.

Start showing hilljacks banging donkeys on the news and i bet you will get a lot of copy cats banging donkeys.

No ignoring them wont beat them. But world wide publicity for one of the largest religions in the world " doing the right thing" and killing infidels is like throwing gas on the fire.
(06-21-2016, 01:35 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Thought you could read between the lines. I've heard of al-Qaeda, ETA, and Al-Shabaabal.  

Not bad. You almost got them all. You also got the ones mostly talked about by media. You knowing them through their acts didn't make you any safer or put you at any more risk, but it made aware. Which is their point.
Giving a bunch of publicity to isis accomplishes what?
(06-21-2016, 01:59 AM)Benton Wrote: Not bad. You almost got them all. You also got the ones mostly talked about by media. You knowing them through their acts didn't make you any safer or put you at any more risk, but it made aware. Which is their point.

Are you arguing against yourself here? 

(06-20-2016, 06:26 PM)Benton Wrote: So your answer would be to give anyone willing to commit a violent act free access to spread their message?

They already have that through this thing we call the internet.

I doubt the transcript is going to make that much of a difference.
Muslims should feel the pressure from the public and the media. It's the only way to force them into a reformation. We need to isolate them so they make the necessary changes
(06-21-2016, 04:11 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Muslims should feel the pressure from the public and the media.    It's the only way to force them into a reformation.   We need to isolate them so they make the necessary changes

we should just round them up and put them in internment camps Mellow
People suck
(06-21-2016, 08:46 AM)Griever Wrote: we should just round them up and put them in internment camps Mellow

If I was a progressive democrat I would do just that...
(06-21-2016, 09:04 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If I was a progressive democrat I would do just that...

So you'd fold under public pressure? I always knew you were a stand up guy.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-21-2016, 09:04 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If I was a progressive democrat I would do just that...

i just went off what you said when you said you want to isolate them
People suck
(06-21-2016, 04:11 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Muslims should feel the pressure from the public and the media. It's the only way to force them into a reformation. We need to isolate them so they make the necessary changes

This is pure fantasy. First of all Muslims make up a group of more than a billion people; in different parts of the world and they all have their own media to begin with. If there's a West led effort to "reform" them it would only increase the perception of an external force trying to impose their will on them. This not only will harden even the most moderate of them, but actually aid groups like ISIS who can say "see the West is just trying to dominate us".

When a group imposes its will on another even within America, you typically will start seeing a lot of resistance, yet you think this will work against Muslims?
(06-21-2016, 04:11 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Muslims should feel the pressure from the public and the media.    It's the only way to force them into a reformation.   We need to isolate them so they make the necessary changes

Florida has 10 of the countries most dangerous cities due to violence.

Lucie lives in Florida

Ergo: Lucie supports violence. We need the public and media to pressure Lucie until he fixes what other Floridians are doing.

Mellow
(06-21-2016, 10:08 AM)Benton Wrote: Florida has 10 of the countries most dangerous cities due to violence.

Lucie lives in Florida

Ergo: Lucie supports violence. We need the public and media to pressure Lucie until he fixes what other Floridians are doing.

Mellow

But.... he's already been accused of being a George Zimmerman.
What else can one man do ?
Florida is violent, due to all the immigrants.
Ninja
(06-21-2016, 10:26 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: But.... he's already been accused of being a George Zimmerman.
What else can one man do ?
Florida is violent, due to all the immigrants.
Ninja

That's irrelevant. If they're in Florida, they're part of the problem. Everyone in Florida needs to be held accountable for the violence. You can't judge this on an individual basis.

If it were me, I'd round 'em all up and deport them. Everything south of Georgia.

Mellow
(06-21-2016, 11:30 AM)Benton Wrote: That's irrelevant. If they're in Florida, they're part of the problem. Everyone in Florida needs to be held accountable for the violence. You can't judge this on an individual basis.

If it were me, I'd round 'em all up and deport them. Everything south of Georgia.

Mellow

what about us white folk that are unfortunate enough to live in the swampy state
People suck