Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alex Cappa come on down
(03-14-2022, 02:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Carman played decent at LG last year in filling in for Spain when he was injured, surprised you didn't notice this Frank.

Carman just doesn't look comfortable on the right side. His hand placement is off. He is much better at LG.

I am not pumped to have him starting unless he earns it outright. He is a 2nd round pick with high upside.

Hope he gets it together or we bring in someone who can get the job done at LG or D'Ante impresses.

I think you need a band aid at LG this season for a year or 2 before handing the reigns over to Carman. Sorry

Year 3 Carman should improve. SHOULD. You never know though
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well legal tampering didnt start till noon today... So its very doubtful they worked out this deal then leaked it to the twitter guy in less than 60 seconds

so they are definately guilty of illegal tampering....

I would imagine that agents legally can send to teams what the players would accept. So, the Bengals front office would have known what Cappa would accept and then could agree at the stroke of 12noon. Of course, this is not finalized until the ink is on the contract. I hope Brady and the Tampa Bay front office doesn't try to convince Cappa to rethink this.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s a top 10 graded RG that just won a Super Bowl ring a year ago. It’s hardly “out of left field.”

But as usual, some people will work hard to find something wrong with a move just because they didn’t see the player mentioned a lot.

Just heard on GMFB that he’s really smart
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:09 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Lmao. Steelers sign Biscuit. Omg that's awesome

Was I one of the few people who didn't know who "Biscuit" was until recently?
I had no idea that was Trubisky's nickname until someone mentioned it in one of my mocks a couple months back when discussing backup QBs.
I feel his nickname is not common knowledge for most NFL fans.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't put much stock in PFF, but Cappa was highly rated and I DO put much more stock in PFF than Madden lol

I do too. But not that much. Lol

I don't pay for pff. Was he's top ten rated guard? Just saw that guys post and was curious where he got that from
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:18 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I think you need a band aid at LG this season for a year or 2 before handing the reigns over to Carman. Sorry

Jackson Carman was a trade targeted second round pick for the Bengals. He will get a shot at a starting job. Year 2 for offensive linemen is big and he did improve as the season wore on in 2021. I know fans wont like it but it is what it is. I dont expect them to go free agent guard again unless it's someone like Quinton Spain I expect Right Tackle is big on their list now.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Was I one of the few people who didn't know who "Biscuit" was until recently?
I had no idea that was Trubisky's nickname until someone mentioned it in one of my mocks a couple months back when discussing backup QBs.
I feel his nickname is not common knowledge for most NFL fans.
Hahaha. I heard someone say it a few years ago and thought it was funny so I repeat it. 

I'm just dying laughing
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:14 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Where is he's top ten rated guard? 

Work hard? When we sign a guy I don't know and isn't high on the fa list I have some questions. 

Excuse me for not knowing who he is. Not claiming to. Just not going to praise him blindly. Would like to see more. 

I already posted the tweet that showed him as the 18th overall OG, and I saw one earlier that said 9th out of RG’s.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:20 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: I do too. But not that much. Lol

I don't pay for pff. Was he's top ten rated guard? Just saw that guys post and was curious where he got that from

You don’t need to pay for PFF to see overall grades.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I already posted the tweet that showed him as the 18th overall OG, and I saw one earlier that said 9th out of RG’s.

18th sounds more reasonable. Certainly better than our garbage
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:21 PM)Synric Wrote: Jackson Carman was a trade targeted second round pick for the Bengals. He will get a shot at a starting job. Year 2 for offensive linemen is big and he did improve as the season wore on in 2021. I know fans wont like it but it is what it is. I dont expect them to go free agent guard again unless it's someone like Quinton Spain I expect Right Tackle is big on their list now.

yea cool let him compete for the starting job

he's not gonna win it though

and if he does, well, it's not going to be pretty. You never know though. Im not confident, and Idk how anyone else can be either
Reply/Quote
As I've said the previous two FA periods....who are these guys, and what have they done with Mike Brown? Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:26 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: yea cool let him compete for the starting job

and if he does, well, it's not going to be pretty

I think letting him return to his natural side of the line will help a lot. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:18 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I think you need a band aid at LG this season for a year or 2 before handing the reigns over to Carman. Sorry

No happening though, we paid Cappa, we will go after a RT now pretty sure as that is our biggest weakness now and 
Carman did play much better at LG. Tomlinson WAS a thought before but I don't see them paying another top Guard in 
Free Agency with the blatant hole at RT and both Carman and D'Ante showing well at times last year.

We can draft another Guard to compete if we want. Good Draft for Guards honestly.

(03-14-2022, 02:20 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: I do too. But not that much. Lol

Nicomo don't lie.

(03-14-2022, 02:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I already posted the tweet that showed him as the 18th overall OG, and I saw one earlier that said 9th out of RG’s.

That is pretty damn good.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Fundamentals and toughness, now I completely understand why we went after him. Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:26 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: yea cool let him compete for the starting job

and if he does, well, it's not going to be pretty. You never know though. Im not confident, and Idk how anyone else can be either

When I say compete I mean most likely with D'Ante Smith and a 2nd or 3rd round rookie.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
It's interesting people are bringing up Carman along with the Cappa signing as a point of debate. My first thought is this is only good news, because it reflects the OL depth is increasing and there is going to be more competition for starting spots and for first guy off the bench to get playing time.

Reality though, there is no way the Bengals are paying Cappa 10 million a year to ride the pine. It's his job to lose right now. It will be interesting to see where Carman ends up on the depth chart.
Reply/Quote
Good, solid signing. Now please get a RT!!
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:30 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It's interesting people are bringing up Carman along with the Cappa signing as a point of debate. My first thought is this is only good news, because it reflects the OL depth is increasing and there is going to be more competition for starting spots and for first guy off the bench to get playing time.

Reality though, there is no way the Bengals are paying Cappa 10 million a year to ride the pine. It's his job to lose right now. It will be interesting to see where Carman ends up on the depth chart.

Yeah, I want Carman to get better and become a starter but he is not looking good. Lets hope he progresses a lot more this season. Cappa is 100 going to start with this salary and he should. Carman has a lot of work to do
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:21 PM)Synric Wrote: Jackson Carman was a trade targeted second round pick for the Bengals. He will get a shot at a starting job. Year 2 for offensive linemen is big and he did improve as the season wore on in 2021. I know fans wont like it but it is what it is. I dont expect them to go free agent guard again unless it's someone like Quinton Spain I expect Right Tackle is big on their list now.

I think Carman is as good as Spain at LG and cheaper.  The biggest concern I have with Carman is his back.  If Im a betting man, I think he misses time again this year because of back problems.
Reply/Quote