Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds June 2024 thread
Nice offensive explosion there!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 06:27 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I think that this is more precautionary than anything else. Protect him from himself.

According to that link, Jordan's starting in RF and batting 8th do we'll get a good look at him right away until Bell pinch hits for him in the 6th or 7th inning. You get two plate appearances and then wait for a couple of days.

I am shocked that Bell left him in to face a righty. Congrats, Levi. 
1st RBI/Sac fly
1st hit/extra base hit
1st run scored
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
WHAT A BOMB!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Holy shit Elly absolutely obliterated that one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
How was that only 439ft? I call bs.
Reply/Quote
A tale of three innings.

Falter, perfect through three innings - Reds go 0 for 9
Reds score 11 in the next three innings - Reds go 12 for 20

Speiers turns in a quality start.

Nice to get that from a fill-in starter.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 10:15 PM)cinci4life Wrote: How was that only 439ft? I call bs.

There’s no way.

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 10:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There’s no way.

Pitt's Cruz Hr is 458ft? Now i really call bs.

Pirates vs. Reds (Jun 24, 2024) Live Score - ESPN
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 05:54 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Yeah didn't expect you to give them credit for beating the NL's best. You only come around to ***** and moan when they lose. Nowhere to be found when they win.

Reds are winning and a certain someone is M.I.A. I rest my case.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 10:30 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Pitt's Cruz Hr is 458ft? Now i really call bs.

Pirates vs. Reds (Jun 24, 2024) Live Score - ESPN

Elly's was indeed a shot, but he did get under it a bit and much of the momentum was going up. It was more of a high fly/dying on the way down.

Oneil's was more of a line shot that still had momentum as it was coming down. That's his style of hitting. He's like a taller, thinner version of Leon Durham or Dmitri Young. Lots of line drives WHEN he makes contact.

Anyway, I don't really care about distance or exit velocity. All I care about with Elly is his current stretch of hitting fair balls and less strikeouts. THAT is something that I like to see. 

I also liked watching him struggle with his English in the post-game interview because it showed me that he has no fear. I'm not sure how many of you have tried speaking a 2nd language in a foreign country, but it takes a lot of guts. I still wouldn't mind seeing him sent down for a week or 10 days if he reverts back to a week or two ago, but he has the right mentality to break through a rough stretch.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Elly blasted one, he's on a roll. Great to see Spiers get a win and the rookie Jordan get a hit and run. Great game, keep it up.
Reply/Quote
They saw who they were facing in game 2 and decided "Let's just go ahead and score tomorrow's runs tonight. Hunter is pitching tomorrow anyways, he's used to not having run support. Right Hunter?!"

Hunter: ?
Reply/Quote
Always nice to just outright spank the Pie Rats.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Elly De La Cruz in the last 85 plate appearances (19 games):
74 AB, 22 hits, 4 2B, 2 3B, 5 HR, 11 RBI, 9 BB, 1 HBP, 20 K, 5 SB, 2 CS

.297/.376/.608/.984 stat line.

Spencer Steer in his last 86 plate appearances (21 games)
84 AB, 24 hits, 5 2B, 3 HR, 13 RBI, 2 BB, 1 HBP, 20 K, 1 SB

.286/.310/.452/.763 stat line

Jeimer Candelario in his last 86 plate appearances (21 games):
85 AB, 27 hits, 4 2B, 8 HR, 18 RBI, 1 BB, 16 K, 3 SB (!)

.318/.322/.647/.969 stat line

Jonathan India in his last 80 plate appearances (21 games)
70 AB, 24 H, 5 2B, 2 HR, 12 RBI, 7 BB, 3 HBP, 19 K, 1 SB

.343/.415/.500/.915 stat line

The core of this line up is heating up. It's been a good month, offensively. If they can stay away from their dry spells and hit somewhere close to this daily, we will get back into the playoff picture. There's no doubt in my mind.

And hell, maybe Levi Jordan can contribute a little, seeing as he went 1-3 with a double and sac fly last night, with 2 tough groundouts that required amazing defensive plays to throw him out at first.
Time will tell what he really is and if last night was anywhere near what we could expect from him going forward.
Reply/Quote
Hope Greene can pitch a great game tonight. We need to go on another 12 game winning streak like last year.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Lodolo back to the IL is unfortunate.

The amount of talented pitching in the majors getting hurt is just wild.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2024, 11:59 AM)CJD Wrote: And hell, maybe Levi Jordan can contribute a little, seeing as he went 1-3 with a double and sac fly last night, with 2 tough groundouts that required amazing defensive plays to throw him out at first.
Time will tell what he really is and if last night was anywhere near what we could expect from him going forward.

4 plate appearances
4 fair balls
0 strikeouts

Very un-Benson-like.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2024, 03:25 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: 4 plate appearances
4 fair balls
0 strikeouts

Very un-Benson-like.

I don't want to get too excited, because young guys can often start hot before a scouting report is made on them, but he also hit .302/.384/.443/.826 in 219 AAA plate appearances, so he has a track record of making good contact. His strikeout and walk rates were right at league average (19% and 8%, respectively), so he isn't likely to be a wasted out very often either.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2024, 03:17 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Lodolo back to the IL is unfortunate.

The amount of talented pitching in the majors getting hurt is just wild.

Just a blister nothing major.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2024, 06:28 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Just a blister nothing major.

Oh yeah, for sure. Sorry, I didn't mean to imply it was serious like Tommy John surgery.
Reply/Quote