Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Mass shootings
(02-19-2018, 02:15 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What an idiotic statement.    Par for the course for you though so it’s not surprising.  

You will never know how you will respond until someone has you on your heels.   Everyone needs these lessons earlier rather than later.   We will have a generation of adults getting bullied because they were protected in school and don’t know how to fend for yourself.

You refused to answer my question before, so I'll ask it now. 

Was the bullying of Grace McComas by her rapist and his friends that led to her suicide good?

Was the bullying of Megan Meier by the parent of a classmate pretending to be a boy on Myspace who liked her a good thing when she killed herself?

Did the bullying of Nikolas Cruz help him deal with what life had to offer or did it just further exacerbate mental illnesses that eventually led to him murdering 17 people? 

So is all bullying good and something we should teach kids to do?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-19-2018, 01:44 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When is the last time we saw the friends of victims of illegal immigrant violence on CNN?

Every time there is a tragedy or violence?  By anyone.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-19-2018, 01:52 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: To be fair, everyone that was at that school is a victim. Mass shootings like this don't require a bullet to enter your body for them to leave behind trauma. So these are victims speaking out, not just friends of victims.

They are in a delicate state. What we don’t want to see if the attention being the drug that takes away from them dealing with the grief. Doing interviews and being a prop for the democrat agenda isn’t dealing with their grief and how to handle it constructively. This is a serious situation. I thought the same as you before I was a part of this grief team at our school. This is the kind of stuff you don’t play around with, and can really mess up a child.
(02-19-2018, 02:21 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Anytime someone makes this argument my eyes roll so fast I get whiplash.  Does the Taliban have tanks, drones, bombers etc.?  No, and that's why they were so easily defeated and a footnote in history.

I mean the Taliban was expelled from power in a foreign nation within a month. Sure they still exist as an insurgency after regrouping years later, but they're in no position to overthrow a government and that's a huge difference.

(02-19-2018, 02:21 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I have zero issue with them speaking up, they have as much right as anyone to do so.  Let's not pretend they have any clue what they're talking about though.  It is interesting that their opinion is ascribed more gravitas than that of Steve Scalise.  While the fact that you're eighteen does not render anything you have to say invalid, does anyone really look to eighteen year old's for smart well reasoned policy?

I think my biggest issue with the conversations about these children is that were they saying something different, then the right would be carrying them on their shoulders and the left would be saying they don't know anything. I just think they should be allowed to speak. I personally don't give anyone's opinion much gravitas unless it is backed up with evidence, but I'm a bit different of a person than most in that regard.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-19-2018, 02:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Do you see me going on CNN to discuss policy?  

I can however speak as a teacher here who has had to deal with multiple deaths at a high school.  It’s a long and tough road to deal with the grief in a school when they lose classmates.

I am absolutely positive you have not been on, nor will you ever be on any credible news outlet CNN or otherwise, discussing policy.  Not as a willful choice of your own, but because you lack an intelligent or interesting perspective on nearly all matters; gym classes and distressed property sales included.

Given your inclination to make patently false claims about real life experience for the mere sake of bolstering a fledgling point, I am willing to concede that you have experience as a P.E. teacher; nothing more.   
(02-19-2018, 02:21 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'll bet no one did because you don't have to give a reason for purchasing a firearm.  As for your last point, for some, that is the main reason to defend the 2nd amendment.  For some it's not an issue at all.  For most I'll bet there's a small bit of that in their mind.  The fact that you disagree does not invalidate this argument.

That's first class, olympic ice skating level spinning SSF.

The fact that you just randomly say "For most I'll bet there's a small bit of that in their mind." doesn't make it true.

And every single person who bought a firearm had a "reason". Every one of them. Hunting, personal protection, target shooting, collectibles, etc.

The amount who truly believe they will defend themselves from the big bad government is miniscule. You know it.

(02-19-2018, 02:21 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You know what the active "military man" didn't say, that your first point had any validity.  The best and most versatile weapon in any military's arsenal is an infantryman and his rifle.  Seriously, anyone who makes the "you have no tanks or helicopters" argument has exposed a depth of ignorance that renders their opinion unworthy of consideration.

Buzzz. Strike two.

Do you think that when the "guberment comer fer yer gunz" it's gonna be with rifles?

Please just stop with the inane "I know more than everyone" discussions you always end up using. This guy is actually in the military. He actually knows that he needs his gun for what he has to do. He also knows that your average Joe doesn't. Just like the lady who wrote the blog. Actual people who know more than me AND you. Who actually know that the army has bigger and better weapons that would be used.

And with AAALLLLL that being said I never said I was for taking your guns. I said that the people who use that argument never thought that when they bought their guns. And they'll never use for them for that purpose.
(02-19-2018, 02:21 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You refused to answer my question before, so I'll ask it now. 

Was the bullying of Grace McComas by her rapist and his friends that led to her suicide good?

Was the bullying of Megan Meier by the parent of a classmate pretending to be a boy on Myspace who liked her a good thing when she killed herself?

Did the bullying of Nikolas Cruz help him deal with what life had to offer or did it just further exacerbate mental illnesses that eventually led to him murdering 17 people? 

So is all bullying good and something we should teach kids to do?

Can you choose any more extreme bullying situations lol.

I have never favored these extreme bullying scenarios. Certainly never from adults towards children.

Get a life man. If you are going to question me on my bullying stance then ar least be honest about my position.

We all know your flare to blow everything out of proportion.
(02-19-2018, 02:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They are in a delicate state. What we don’t want to see if the attention being the drug that takes away from them dealing with the grief. Doing interviews and being a prop for the democrat agenda isn’t dealing with their grief and how to handle it constructively. This is a serious situation. I thought the same as you before I was a part of this grief team at our school. This is the kind of stuff you don’t play around with, and can really mess up a child.

If you have any evidence that these children are being coerced into doing something they don't want to do, then I will agree with you. As of right now, everything points to them choosing to speak out in response to the events that occurred. If evidence is laid out that they are being used, then I will denounce the user, but if it is their choice to make their statements and take their actions then I have zero issued with it. People deal with grief in different ways, and some of those children may be putting so much into this because it is a way for them to focus their grief and anger.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-19-2018, 02:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Can you choose any more extreme bullying situations lol.

I have never favored these extreme bullying scenarios.    Certainly never from adults towards children.  

Get a life man.  If you are going to question me on my bullying stance then ar least be honest about my position.

Your stance is that bullying and fistfights make "better" children.

Over and over you have said that.

Others have pointed out that it can lead to bullied kids shooting up schools.

"be honest"
(02-19-2018, 02:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Can you choose any more extreme bullying situations lol.

I have never favored these extreme bullying scenarios.    Certainly never from adults towards children.  

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Is-this-for-real?pid=515558#pid515558

"Being bullied is always a good thing. Valuable life lessons to be learned for everyone."

Quote:Get a life man.  If you are going to question me on my bullying stance then ar least be honest about my position. 

"Being bullied is always a good thing. Valuable life lessons to be learned for everyone."

(02-19-2018, 02:32 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: If you have any evidence that these children are being coerced into doing something they don't want to do, then I will agree with you. As of right now, everything points to them choosing to speak out in response to the events that occurred. If evidence is laid out that they are being used, then I will denounce the user, but if it is their choice to make their statements and take their actions then I have zero issued with it. People deal with grief in different ways, and some of those children may be putting so much into this because it is a way for them to focus their grief and anger.

And kids these days are much more media savvy. They aren't afraid of the cameras because they always have one in their hand or on them thanks to smartphones.

I'm with you that their opinion isn't the end all be all...it's the opinions and thoughts of people who have been through it.

Just like when people come back from war.  Them have seen great trauma...some as young as 18 years old...we should listen.
Without the bullying of Grace McComas, we would have never learned the "valuable life lesson" that being bullied is bad. That's why "being bullied is always a good thing"

Or something...?

(02-19-2018, 02:32 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: If you have any evidence that these children are being coerced into doing something they don't want to do, then I will agree with you. As of right now, everything points to them choosing to speak out in response to the events that occurred. If evidence is laid out that they are being used, then I will denounce the user, but if it is their choice to make their statements and take their actions then I have zero issued with it. People deal with grief in different ways, and some of those children may be putting so much into this because it is a way for them to focus their grief and anger.

Young people do not love to get likes, shares, and attention? They are getting celebrity type treatment. By that I mean attention. You don’t have to coerce young people to do things that get them more attention and popularity. You do however need to protect them from that attention. It’s hard enough for child celebs to deal with the attention and now we are expecting children who have no way of dealing with this much attention plus who are dealing with the fact they saw their classmates gunned down.

This is something we should protecting them from, not encouraged to run towards. There are several stages of grief and none of them include burying it under celeb like attention. When the attention goes away these kids will be hurting.
(02-19-2018, 02:37 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Is-this-for-real?pid=515558#pid515558

Ah yes the random post out of context.
(02-19-2018, 02:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ah yes the random post out of context.

Mellow
(02-13-2018, 02:09 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Pelosi is an idiot.  

But hey how she grandparents is her business.    I see that child getting a lot of wedgies

(02-13-2018, 09:57 AM)GMDino Wrote: Isn't bullying good for them?  Mellow

(02-13-2018, 02:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Being bullied is always a good thing.  Valuable life lessons to be learned for everyone.

"Context."
(02-19-2018, 02:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: And kids these days are much more media savvy. They aren't afraid of the cameras because they always have one in their hand or on them thanks to smartphones.

I'm with you that their opinion isn't the end all be all...it's the opinions and thoughts of people who have been through it.

Just like when people come back from war.  Them have seen great trauma...some as young as 18 years old...we should listen.

So having a smart phone and an Instagram account makes you media savvy?

And btw the issue isn’t the children agreeing to go on tv. It’s the media outlets pushing for it knowing they are doing these children harm. All the kids see is they get a screen shot with a CNN logo under their name they can use on Twitter.

The people to blame are the parents for allowing it to happen.
(02-19-2018, 02:26 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I mean the Taliban was expelled from power in a foreign nation within a month. Sure they still exist as an insurgency after regrouping years later, but they're in no position to overthrow a government and that's a huge difference.

If only they had no ability to exert political force.  They exist as a strong, and constant, threat.  The point being that, despite having none of the equipment that we were just told by our resident military experts inform is is necessary to fight, the Taliban still exists.  This is despite fighting the most well equipped, technologically advanced and strongest military in human history.  

(02-19-2018, 02:28 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think my biggest issue with the conversations about these children is that were they saying something different, then the right would be carrying them on their shoulders and the left would be saying they don't know anything. I just think they should be allowed to speak. I personally don't give anyone's opinion much gravitas unless it is backed up with evidence, but I'm a bit different of a person than most in that regard.

Oh, to be certain, which is why I brought of Scalise.  The man was nearly murdered by a crazed politically motivated gunman and didn't shift his opinion on firearms at all.  This is because his opinion on the matter is ground in firm conviction, not emotion.  In the same manner as you describe, his opinion is completely discounted by those who oppose his position.

(02-19-2018, 02:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: That's first class, olympic ice skating level spinning SSF.

The fact that you just randomly say "For most I'll bet there's a small bit of that in their mind." doesn't make it true.

This is an inane argument as it could absolutely be made with the point of yours that I responded to.

Quote:And every single person who bought a firearm had a "reason".  Every one of them.  Hunting, personal protection, target shooting, collectibles, etc.

The amount who truly believe they will defend themselves from the big bad government is miniscule.  You know it.

I didn't say they didn't have a reason, I said they didn't state their reason, which was exactly what you said.  I possess rounds of ammunition that I hope to never use.  That doesn't make my reason for purchasing said ammunition less valid.  As to your last point, explain all the "liberals" who bought firearms since Trump was elected?

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-38297345

Quote:Buzzz.  Strike two.

Do you think that when the "guberment comer fer yer gunz" it's gonna be with rifles?  

I know how a search warrant is executed.  Please don't even try and have this argument with me, you have zero expertise or knowledge in this area.  

Quote:Please just stop with the inane "I know more than everyone" discussions you always end up using.

I don't know more than anyone, I know a hell of a lot more than you.

Quote:This guy is actually in the military.  He actually knows that he needs his gun for what he has to do.  He also knows that your average Joe doesn't.

Learning from Fred now are you, responding to an point no one made.  I pointed out he didn't make the same argument you did, he said you don't need an AR15 for hunting.  For hunting deer of larger prey I wouldn't use an AR15 either, the .223 ammunition they us are designed to wound, not kill.  This alone makes it a poor hunting choice.  What it is used for is varmint "hunting", with prey such as coyotes.  I don't live anywhere near a place I could go hunting.  A friend lives in Oregon and I'd use my lever action 45-70 Marlin if I go hunting with him.

Quote:Just like the lady who wrote the blog.  Actual people who know more than me AND you.  Who actually know that the army has bigger and better weapons that would be used.

I guarantee I know more than the person who wrote the blog you didn't bother linking.  If she tried to make the argument that no Apache means no chance then she's clearly an idiot who shouldn't be taken too seriously.  What I find especially interesting is that you consistently do, to me, what you just accused me of doing to your "sources".  I know more about the criminal justice system and law enforcement than anyone on this board.  Yet, my opinion on these issues is constantly discounted by people like you due to my not sharing your political sensibilities.  When Jim Breech and I had a disagreement about m855 ammunition being used for home defense was I, at any time, at a loss?  Jim knows way more about being an infantryman than me, but I'd say our firearms knowledge is rather equal.

Quote:And with AAALLLLL that being said I never said I was for taking your guns.  I said that the people who use that argument never thought that when they bought their guns.  And they'll never use for them for that purpose.

I certainly hope that no firearm in this nation will ever be used for this purpose.  I, sadly, don't think you can say that it's impossible that it ever gets to that point.
(02-19-2018, 02:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ah yes the random post out of context.

(02-19-2018, 02:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

"Context."

Womp womp

(02-19-2018, 02:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

"Context."

Pelosi’s grandchild being bullied for being trans black isn’t quite the same as pats adult trying to mess with a girl over the Internet to the point she commits suicide.

But hey no one expected anything less from you.