Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Cat Bounce in full effect
I don't understand this "So sorry we won, it might move us down in the draft." I'm 72 years old. How many seasons do I have left? I want to see MY team win every damn game on the schedule. I hate the Jets; they knocked us out of the playoffs twice. They were begging for mercy at the end today and damn it was fun to watch. I absolutely despise the Clowns and their smirking, overrated QB and we've got them twice. Knock their asses into their putrid excuse for a lake. Then knock their asses into our beautiful river. Of course I hate the Patriots, their smug QB, their cheating coach, their we're so entitled fan base. Shock the world and shove Mixon down their chowder-slurping gizzards. Who else do we have, Miami? Can't say I hate the Dolphins -- I mean, dolphins are cute and all -- but hell, let's beat them too. The way we've been drafting lately it won't matter whether we're picking 1st or 10th, so let's just have some fun NOW.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 10:30 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Well last year our team was a false impressive 4-1 and carried into the mid season of 5-3.

All the while the team was sinking with Lazor at OC.  Our DC gets fired.  The rest is history.

The Bengals looked strong by their record originally but crashed and burned.

When we lost Eifert in the Atlanta game, our offense declined. Then we lost Green and Dalton and it became horrible.

That's what a decimated team looks like.

Probably IF Green, Dalton, and Eifert stay healthy, we win 8-10 games.

But the defense was VERY bad and the Saints and Chiefs exploited it so who knows?
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 10:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd go Joe Burrow...sign Conklin to play RT and Scherff to play Guard. It will cost A LOT, but worth it.

Then, have Burrow on a rookie deal for 5 years.

Man, it seems like pocket passers struggle in the modern NFL though. Guys like Goff and Wentz seem to have regressed. Guys like Mahomes, Watson, and Jackson seem to be the ones thriving.

I wonder if needing a mobile QB is a prerequisite for the modern NFL?

You could sign Conklin, draft Kindley and save a bit of money. 

Williams, Glenn, Hopkins, Kindley, Conklin. If Williams blows...

Glenn, Kindley/MJ, Hopkins, Kindley/MJ/Miller, Conklin. Or don't sign Conklin (cause MB is a *****)...

Williams, Kindley/MJ, Hopkins, Kindley/MJ/Miller, Glenn. Or...

Glenn, Kindley/MJ, Hopkins, Kindley/MJ/Miller, Williams.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 09:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This may hurt a few people's feelings, but I think Zac is the Organization's guy.  They went out to LA, courted and then proposed to him.  He's the one they fell in love with, he's now part of the "Bengal family".  Now, the staff of assistants?  I think that was just thrown together so that they would have warm bodies that Zac was familiar with.  I predict a mini-overhaul of the assistant coaching staff this offseason, as they won't have to wait until after the Superbowl to make moves this year.

I hope your right. Doesn't hurt my feelings if Zac stays, it’s not like this team had their shit together when they brought him on. I do hope the coordinators mostly Lou are gone after this. wouldn’t mind seeing Zac give up the play calling too. But I’m fine with giving Zac a few years. Not like he’s going to get fired anyway.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 10:12 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'm not going to argue one way or another on these posts.

However I do wonder about strength of schedule when it's all been said and done.

Strength of schedule based on the team's past.

A lot can happen before the season actually begins or in progress.

Roster changes, injuries, weird star player outliers like Antonio Brown as a negative, or Khalil Mack/Minkah Fitzpatrick type players as positive additions.

Then you have a team like the Browns that have all of these pieces floating around but not solidly in place.

How many times have you looked at schedules of teams(not even our own)and had some misconceptions about the toughness of their schedule only to see them actually be weak?
s
The SOS we are discussing is for 2019 based on teams records to date.

We don't play ourselves, but rest of our division we play twice
Ravens 10-2 equals 20-4 for SOS and Ravens and Steelers cancel themselves out at 12-12. So we are 44 wins and 28 losses for SOS in just our division of teams we play.

We play or played Pats, Bills, Seattle, 49ers, Rams so to date we ill end up playing 9 of ur 16 games against teams with winning records (4 within division) and 5 others outside of it
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 10:36 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: The strong OLine, makes everyone else better.  Which is what I have been saying.  Someone just recently tried to use Pittsburgh as an example of a team with a good OLine that are terrible, their record proves my point.

No one is disputing that a strong Oline helps everyone else. I pointed out the difference between Pitt and Baltimore's records and the only difference is QB play. 

A couple posts above i listed the numerous ways the Bengals can take Burrow #1OA and still improve the line immensely. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 10:38 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I don't understand this "So sorry we won, it might move us down in the draft."  I'm 72 years old.  How many seasons do I have left?  I want to see MY team win every damn game on the schedule.  I hate the Jets; they knocked us out of the playoffs twice. They were begging for mercy at the end today and damn it was fun to watch.  I absolutely despise the Clowns and their smirking, overrated QB and we've got them twice.  Knock their asses into their putrid excuse for a lake.  Then knock their asses into our beautiful river.  Of course I hate the Patriots, their smug QB, their cheating coach, their we're so entitled fan base.  Shock the world and shove Mixon down their chowder-slurping gizzards.  Who else do we have, Miami?  Can't say I hate the Dolphins -- I mean, dolphins are cute and all --  but hell, let's beat them too.  The way we've been drafting lately it won't matter whether we're picking 1st or 10th, so let's just have some fun NOW.

Because a lot of posters on these boards think they're some kind of GM even though they've all been wrong on drafting certain players and free agents.

Even if what we think up is logical, and a way to improve the team...  at the end of the the day the worst owner in the NFL still makes the decisions.

Mike Brown is forcing that down our gullets.

It's a masochistic hobby/obsession/whatever.

I'm with ya man.  Beat these bastards, because our Front Office is about as lucky doing scratchy lottery tickets as they are with high round draft picks lately.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 10:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You could sign Conklin, draft Kindley and save a bit of money. 

Glenn, Kindley/MJ, Hopkins, Kindley/MJ/Miller, Conklin. Or don't sign Conklin (cause MB is a *****)...

I don't know about Glenn as he's generally been below average when he plays, but he's better than Jerry and Smith. I'd love to move on from him IF we could.

Man, IF Jonah is a bust that's going to a huge dagger. I haven't really thought about it too much, but he could I suppose.

What do you think about Conklin AND Scherff? Waive or trade Glenn to save his salary. Then draft Burrow and trade Dalton to save his $17 million.

You'd essentially use Dalton and Glenn's salary for Conklin and Scherff.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 10:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You could sign Conklin, draft Kindley and save a bit of money. 

You put more thought into that than the FO would have. So it’s highly unlikely to happen. I just wish we would fix the lines this draft. Don’t even care for a QB this year, just fix the lines already. If we go WR or TE in round one I’ll lose my freakin mind and what little attention I intend to spend on this team next year.
Reply/Quote
I wonder IF Zac can survive working for this organization. This kind of makes me question the pressure he's under:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 10:38 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I don't understand this "So sorry we won, it might move us down in the draft." I'm 72 years old. How many seasons do I have left? I want to see MY team win every damn game on the schedule. I hate the Jets; they knocked us out of the playoffs twice. They were begging for mercy at the end today and damn it was fun to watch. I absolutely despise the Clowns and their smirking, overrated QB and we've got them twice. Knock their asses into their putrid excuse for a lake. Then knock their asses into our beautiful river. Of course I hate the Patriots, their smug QB, their cheating coach, their we're so entitled fan base. Shock the world and shove Mixon down their chowder-slurping gizzards. Who else do we have, Miami? Can't say I hate the Dolphins -- I mean, dolphins are cute and all -- but hell, let's beat them too. The way we've been drafting lately it won't matter whether we're picking 1st or 10th, so let's just have some fun NOW.

Damn I wanna punch something now. You should be in the locker room doing the pre game speach.
Reply/Quote

Just curious as to why you think Conklin is so good?  The Titans declined to exercise the 5th year option on the contract.

I am not against bringing him in and letting him compete if the price is right.  However, I don't think he would be the answer at OT as many on here seem to make him out to be.

I still say take Andrew Thomas from Georgia.  He can play LT or RT and has done so at a high level, much the same as Williams.  If Williams struggles then hopefully Thomas will pan out.  Same thing if Thomas struggles. 

If they both struggle then that is when having Conklin as an option would be ideal.  If they both perform well then Conklin would be a solid back up in the event of an injury.

My point is that Conklin looks like a solid back up or a stop gap until you find someone better, but not a legit starter that you can rely on.  So I am just curious as to why you and some others keep banging the drum for him, like I do for Thomas?
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 08:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They haven't exactly played top offenses either. But, it is some improvement.

Honestly, we've played an extremely weak schedule this year. a below average team would have 5-6 wins atleast against this soft schedule.

The NFC west is probably the best division in football. The AFC east has maybe two playoff teams. We get two against the Ravens who are playing lights out.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 10:38 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I don't understand this "So sorry we won, it might move us down in the draft." I'm 72 years old. How many seasons do I have left? I want to see MY team win every damn game on the schedule. I hate the Jets; they knocked us out of the playoffs twice. They were begging for mercy at the end today and damn it was fun to watch. I absolutely despise the Clowns and their smirking, overrated QB and we've got them twice. Knock their asses into their putrid excuse for a lake. Then knock their asses into our beautiful river. Of course I hate the Patriots, their smug QB, their cheating coach, their we're so entitled fan base. Shock the world and shove Mixon down their chowder-slurping gizzards. Who else do we have, Miami? Can't say I hate the Dolphins -- I mean, dolphins are cute and all -- but hell, let's beat them too. The way we've been drafting lately it won't matter whether we're picking 1st or 10th, so let's just have some fun NOW.

Three. You have three seasons left.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 10:55 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Damn I wanna punch something now. You should be in the locker room doing the pre game speach.

Actually I have given a few, just not to grown men.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 10:50 PM)TKUHL Wrote: You put more thought into that than the FO would have. So it’s highly unlikely to happen. I just wish we would fix the lines this draft. Don’t even care for a QB this year, just fix the lines already. If we go WR or TE in round one I’ll lose my freakin mind and what little attention I intend to spend on this team next year.

I feel the same way about any QB selection.  
Reply/Quote
I just hope they don't bounce their ass out of the #1 pick.

The Giants are the only 2 win team at this point. If we win 1 more game and they lose out, we are now the #2 pick (Our SoS is .576, Giants' is .468. http://www.tankathon.com/nfl)

They need to not win another game until the Giants do. And then they need to stop at 2.

If we win 3 games, we almost certainly drop to the #5 pick.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 10:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We do play them. Do you think the Browns and Dolphins will suddenly turn into great teams between now and next week?

We play by my count 9 below average to bad teams this year. We'll see how many wins we finish with.

Nah, I was just wondering why you would list them to explain how many wins we'd have by now against this weak week schedule. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 10:57 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Three. You have three seasons left.

It's like...

[Image: th?id=OIP.WxLd48Fq04ww3shnBaCpmwAAAA&pid...=190&h=152]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

This is the single greatest post I’ve ever read. “Chowder-slurping gizzards” is the stuff of greatness. I wish I could upvote it more than once.
Reply/Quote