Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals to interview former Cowboys RB coach

Reply/Quote
Well the last two interviews that were announced ended up being a bad omen for the candidate.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Didn't RB coach Gary Brown also work with Pollack in Dallas? I think they worked with Zeke Elliot first.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 03:23 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

I would say it was more "the absence of 3 All-Pro OL in Dallas was FELT in 2020." Lol

Granted, he might be an awesome coach, I don't know. I just thought it was funny that it's the RB Coach missing that was felt, not the enormous downgrade in OL quality when their All-Pro C retired, their All-Pro LT only played in 2 games, and their All-Pro future 1st ballot HoF RG missed about half the season.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 03:33 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: Didn't RB coach Gary Brown also work with Pollack in Dallas?  I think they worked with Zeke Elliot first.

Quote:Coincidentally, 2013 was the first year Frank Pollack joined the Cowboys’ staff as the assistant OL coach to Bill Callahan. Brown and Pollack stayed together in Dallas from 2013-2017, with Pollack being the main OL coach beginning in 2015.

In their final two years working together, Dallas managed to manufacture one of the NFL’s best rushing attacks. This began with the team drafting Ezekiel Elliott in 2016 to run behind a star-studded offensive line. From 2016-2017, Dallas was first in both Expected Points Added per rush and success rate on rushes. Elliott led the NFL in rushing yards during those two years, as many NFL fans remember.

Copied from sbnation.
Reply/Quote
My second biggest criticism of zac last year was burrow threw too much for a rookie. My first was who he played on the line.

To me, it sounds like we're taking steps to fix both those problems. Line changes and utilizing the run would've done wonders for our offense.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 04:14 PM)Benton Wrote: Copied from sbnation.

Sounds like him and Pollack are on the same page. Seems like it would be a great hire.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 04:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Sounds like him and Pollack are on the same page. Seems like it would be a great hire.

Definitely a match made in heaven with chemistry already established. I am all in for this!
"Even Jesus hates the Steelers." - Jesus
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 04:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Sounds like him and Pollack are on the same page. Seems like it would be a great hire.

Agreed.

And to add, I think that's been a problem with a lot of Zac's staff, he didn't have guys all on the same page. So at times he took guys just to fill a spot. Building a quality staff takes years, especially after a housecleaning. I'm hoping this is the start of us getting a core group of coaches together and if there is a head coaching change in the near future, the next guy walks into a better situation.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 04:20 PM)Benton Wrote: My second biggest criticism of zac last year was burrow threw too much for a rookie. My first was who he played on the line.

To me, it sounds like we're taking steps to fix both those problems. Line changes and utilizing the run would've done wonders for our offense.

For any QB.

If you look at the 9 full games he played and put that to 16 games, he was on pace to throw 658 passes. That would have tied for 12th most all time.

Now if you look at the fact that Burrow threw 29 passes in the first half of the Washington game, that would be a 58 pass full game. If you work that into his stats for the 10th game, the pace it would then be is 685 passes in a 16 game season. 685 passes in a season would be the 3rd most in NFL history.

That's just too much passing be it a rookie or not.

The Top-10 most passing attempt seasons include only 3 playoff teams, and 0 playoff wins. It's not a real recipe for success.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 04:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: For any QB.

If you look at the 9 full games he played and put that to 16 games, he was on pace to throw 658 passes. That would have tied for 12th most all time.

Now if you look at the fact that Burrow threw 29 passes in the first half of the Washington game, that would be a 58 pass full game. If you work that into his stats for the 10th game, the pace it would then be is 685 passes in a 16 game season. 685 passes in a season would be the 3rd most in NFL history.

That's just too much passing be it a rookie or not.

The Top-10 most passing attempt seasons include only 3 playoff teams, and 0 playoff wins. It's not a real recipe for success.

Interesting, I hadn't plotted that data out. But it makes me feel more justified in watching the games and saying to myself "why do we even have running backs?"
Reply/Quote
Let's get Wade Phillips while we're at it and become Cowboy's East.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 04:42 PM)Yogo Wrote: Let's get Wade Phillips while we're at it and become Cowboy's East.

Well we've got a talented qb and an overinvolved owner, might as well have the wins
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 04:42 PM)Yogo Wrote: Let's get Wade Phillips while we're at it and become Cowboy's East.

Cowboys are already in the East, because the NFL doesn't own a globe; so we'd have to be Cowboys North

As to the OP: WHO DEY!!
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 04:20 PM)Benton Wrote: My second biggest criticism of zac last year was burrow threw too much for a rookie. My first was who he played on the line.

Our offense scheme is pass happy.. I dont see that changing and Burrows down with it... I'd like to see it geared to kinda like KC does though...
Reply/Quote
wait wait wait...

Stud running back

Running behind

5 Stud OL guys = Success in the run game?

Well crap.
Reply/Quote
Interesting... two guys that learned how to build their run offense from Bill Callahan.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
SOunds like a good match. Bring him in and put him to work.

Reply/Quote
Would be a nice addition and Brown is familiar with Pollack.

We also have talented backs for Brown to work with. I think it would be a good fit.
Reply/Quote