Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Reds Season Thread
4 straight wins in a 39 game season and they just hit .300. I don’t imagine we will see a start like that again in our lifetimes.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Amazing what happens when the pitchers are pitching and the hitters are hitting. Five in a row.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 06:34 PM)McC Wrote: Amazing what happens when the pitchers are pitching and the hitters are hitting.  Five in a row.

5 in a row? Looks like it could be 6. Jesus must be in Cincinnati (ok, I know they're playing in LA, but you get the point).

Reply/Quote
Six in a row, nice to see. Perhaps they won't lose 100 ?
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 10:08 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Six in a row, mice to see. Perhaps they won't lose 100 ?

Trying to dissect this post. Hmmmm. First of all there were only 3 mice and they were blind. But they could run. They didn’t hit baseballs, they were always trying to hit the farmers wife. Right?

So what are you trying to say here?

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 10:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Trying to dissect this post. Hmmmm. First of all there were only 3 mice and they were blind. But they could run. They didn’t hit baseballs, they were always trying to hit the farmers wife. Right?

So what are you trying to say here?

I drank six double doubles and starting seeing things, what else ?
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 10:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I drank six double doubles and starting seeing things, what else ?

Been there. Heck, don’t remember if I even left there. Lol, you sir get a free pass.

Reply/Quote
6 in a row and we STILL have the worst record in the NL.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2018, 05:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 6 in a row and we STILL have the worst record in the NL.

Yeah but we got it all over 3 AL teams. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2018, 06:11 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah but we got it all over 3 AL teams. LOL

When you look at run differential we are no where near the bottom like we were just a week ago.

Reds......... -39
Padres...... -48
Orioles...... -56
Rangers.... -61
White Sox. -67
Royals...... -70
Marlins..... -78
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2018, 06:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When you look at run differential we are no where near the bottom like we were just a week ago.

Reds......... -39
Padres...... -48
Orioles...... -56
Rangers.... -61
White Sox. -67
Royals...... -70
Marlins..... -78

It’s amazing how far a small market team can fall in a short time.

Reply/Quote
Lets start the losing streak. 2 games in a row versus the Giants. Maybe we can salvage the afternoon game today. Just when I thought we turned the corner.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
We won today. Yippee!
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2018, 03:31 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Lets start the losing streak. 2 games in a row versus the Giants. Maybe we can salvage the afternoon game today. Just when I thought we turned the corner.

They aren't turning any corner, anything near .500 ball is pretty successful for this team.  Losing two in a row doesn't even mean anything to a contender.  

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2018, 09:18 AM)michaelsean Wrote: They aren't turning any corner, anything near .500 ball is pretty successful for this team.  Losing two in a row doesn't even mean anything to a contender.  

Maybe not turning any corners, but winning 7 or the last 9 does show that they're still willing to give the expected professional effort.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2018, 09:35 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe not turning any corners, but winning 7 or the last 9 does show that they're still willing to give the expected professional effort.

Yeah I guess you could say turning the corner from their start.  I just mean they aren't going to play .600 ball over the season, and losing two in a row means nothing.

Reply/Quote
May get interesting if they can manage to string together some sweeps of the NL Central leaders. I'm not quite ready to mortgage my social security account to bet on it, but it'd be interesting.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Riggleman now 12-14 managing this. I think he manages the pitchers better for what it's worth. Price seemed to leave a pitcher in one batter too late.
Reply/Quote
Bailey getting rocked in 1st ! four straight hits, two runs so far and no outs.

Make it five in a row, three runs. 
Reply/Quote
8-1 loss, 2 total hits for the Reds.
I'm officially over Bailey.. I really can't wait till his contract expires. After this season they'll still owe him 48 MILLION bucks.. 2 more years left.. I could be worth at least $50,000 a year and pitch as good..and I probably couldn't reach home plate with my arm anymore.
You know..Reds fans could all chip in to pay off his contract, but I just don't envision 48 people chipping in a million bucks each..or 48 million people chipping in a buck each..  worst contract ever.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote