Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
#3 overall pick in the draft
The Texans and WFT got their third wins today, passing the Bengals on the draft order.

The Chargers still have just two wins, but play Jax and I don't see them losing that and a few others.

The Jets are 0-9 and, despite nearly pulling one out last week, I don't see three wins on their schedule, nor do I see two more for Jax. Dallas will get their third win against the Bengals.

So, if you go by the Bengals not winning another game (did you see Finley?), you can project the Bengals to be picking #3 overall.

The good thing is that the Jets and Jags will both want QBs. So there will be one more big name QB available. The Bengals will hopefully be able to get some real trade equity for the #3 overall pick in the draft from a QB-hungry team that won too many games.

Right now, I see that as being Washington, NYG, Chicago, Carolina, New England, San Francisco, Indy, Denver, and possibly Dallas and Detroit.

Let's hope there is a real surge in QB play from Trasik and Fields down the stretch so one of those teams wants that #3 pick really bad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We will waste it regardless.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:38 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: The Texans and WFT got their third wins today, passing the Bengals on the draft order.

The Chargers still have just two wins, but play Jax and I don't see them losing that and a few others.

The Jets are 0-9 and, despite nearly pulling one out last week, I don't see three wins on their schedule, nor do I see two more for Jax.  Dallas will get their third win against the Bengals.

So, if you go by the Bengals not winning another game (did you see Finley?), you can project the Bengals to be picking #3 overall.

The good thing is that the Jets and Jags will both want QBs.  So there will be one more big name QB available.  The Bengals will hopefully be able to get some real trade equity for the #3 overall pick in the draft from a QB-hungry team that won too many games.  

Right now, I see that as being Washington, NYG, Chicago, Carolina, New England, San Francisco, Indy, Denver, and possibly Dallas and Detroit.

Let's hope there is a real surge in QB play from Trasik and Fields down the stretch so one of those teams wants that #3 pick really bad.

Finley looked god awful...there is zero chance he pl;ays well enough to win the rest of the year.  If we had a decent defense, it might be possible but this D is pure trash
Reply/Quote
Why trade Sewell?
Reply/Quote
Draft a goddamn offensive lineman you idiot organization.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals are selecting third, they should take Penei Sewell unless someone offers something ridiculous. Sewell and Williams offer long-term bookends and with Sewell, you pick up one of the best OT prospects in several years. Protecting Joe is of the utmost importance, he took a lot of hits this season.

As the off-season comes and we progress towards the draft, my stance may change but I have been in the Sewell camp for quite some time now and it hasn’t changed yet.
Reply/Quote
Its all about Sewell next year. The guy is the best offensive lineman to come out of college in this generation. He's the next Munoz

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:45 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: If the Bengals are selecting third, they should take Penei Sewell unless someone offers something ridiculous. Sewell and Williams offer long-term bookends and with Sewell, you pick up one of the best OT prospects in several years. Protecting Joe is of the utmost importance, he took a lot of hits this season.

As the off-season comes and we progress towards the draft, my stance may change but I have been in the Sewell camp for quite some time now and it hasn’t changed yet.

Sewell, Spain and Williams is a great start... but still have that giant ass hole at LG.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
We need veterans on the right side...AJ..gone..Geno..gone...use that money to sign a right side....can not draft rookies to protect JB at this point of his career..
Reply/Quote
If the bengals pick 3rd and Lawrence and fields go 1-2 I doubt there is team offering a bounty to move to 3.

Take the ot. Protecting the franchise qb just became even more important.

Cut the dead weight for cap space. Sign thuney if he’s available. Sign a decent wr f/a.

Address pas rush round 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:48 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Sewell, Spain and Williams is a great start... but still have that giant ass hole at LG.

Who is that? You blame Jordan.. come like saying our rookie QB held the ball too long
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:48 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Sewell, Spain and Williams is a great start... but still have that giant ass hole at LG.

If they were smart they’d pay Thuney. But I’m sure we’ll roll with career backups like XSF. Because Bengals.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:56 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Who is that? You blame Jordan.. come like saying our rookie QB held the ball too long

You’re an absolute ***** clown. How could you waste so much time on a football message board and still be so utterly clueless? JFC it’s truly remarkable.

HE GOT HIT AFTER HE THREW THE BALL.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:38 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: The Texans and WFT got their third wins today, passing the Bengals on the draft order.

The Jets are 0-9 and, despite nearly pulling one out last week, I don't see three wins on their schedule, nor do I see two more for Jax.  Dallas will get their third win against the Bengals.

The good thing is that the Jets and Jags will both want QBs.  So there will be one more big name QB available.  The Bengals will hopefully be able to get some real trade equity for the #3 overall pick in the draft from a QB-hungry team that won too many games.  

What 3rd QB do you think teams would be giving up a lot for? There's literally no one after Lawrence and Fields. Especially in a year like this where someone possible hasn't had a chance to come out. Maybe Trask will get up there but we'll see I guess.

We need to fill a lot of positions. There's no reason to trade out of the 3rd spot especially since there's not going to be much trade value. 

If we slip into the 1st or 2nd slot then I can get on board with trading. 
Reply/Quote
What if lawrence stays at Clemson another year, this whole theory is busted.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:41 PM)Destro Wrote: We will waste it regardless.

^^^This^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:03 PM)sloSTI Wrote: What if lawrence stays at Clemson another year, this whole theory is busted.

Probably exactly what will happen.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:56 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Who is that? You blame Jordan.. come like saying our rookie QB held the ball too long

This isn't about blame, this is about Jordan getting abused each and every week out there. This team has one option at G that doesn't suck. Spain. Jordan gets blown up, Redmon is a walking penalty and XSF is an unknown that is injured.

Also, as Nico points out above, the hell dude??? Burrow did not hold the ball long on his injury play at all. He was waiting for the deep route to develop and threw the ball on time to a WR.

Yes, he has taken sacks this year from holding it too long, but this was not even remotely the case when Allen (who I am sending a box to with his picture and my shit on top of it too) was tackled/dove/crashed into Burrow's knee.

(11-22-2020, 06:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re an absolute ***** clown. How could you waste so much time on a football message board and still be so utterly clueless? JFC it’s truly remarkable.

HE GOT HIT AFTER HE THREW THE BALL.

As much as we've disagreed at times past, you are correct on this 100%. Burrow let a route develop and tossed the ball to the WR on time (almost completed the pass) and was hit into his plant leg after the pass was gone.... not sure how anyone blames him for it... even a Chargers fan should see it was a well timed throw.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:03 PM)sloSTI Wrote: What if lawrence stays at Clemson another year, this whole theory is busted.

1.) He won't
2.) Even if he did there are 4 other QBs worth the 3rd pick along with Sewell! So the Bengals will have options.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Sewell. Pair him with a FA guard and our line would be a strength.

Definitely need pass rush help or a CB in the 2nd round. A high pick there will help tons.
Reply/Quote