Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alex Cappa come on down
(03-14-2022, 05:09 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: We better have someone else coming in. What they have done so far is good but not good enough. 

Trade for Collins and I would be happy.  I do agree, they need one more guy.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 05:09 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: We better have someone else coming in. What they have done so far is good but not good enough. 

I don't think we are done, but they may lay back for the next 12-18 hours and see how the market sets up. Interestingly this has been a bit slower than expected league wide, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Could see prices start coming down tomorrow afternoon. 
Reply/Quote
OG Laken Tomlinson to the Jets: Signing a three-year, $40 million deal that includes $27 million guaranteed and has a max value of $41.2 million. (Mike Garafolo)

Reply/Quote
Nice deal for a former bust.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 05:21 PM)Au165 Wrote: I don't think we are done, but they may lay back for the next 12-18 hours and see how the market sets up. Interestingly this has been a bit slower than expected league wide, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Could see prices start coming down tomorrow afternoon. 

Tier 2 day always has surprises....

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 05:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How the hell was he a bust?

I think he is talking about Laken Tomlinson who was a bust in DET.
Reply/Quote

“The Bengals don’t pay guards” can officially be put to rest.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 05:31 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think he is talking about Laken Tomlinson who was a bust in DET.

Ah gotcha.

Reply/Quote
Turns out it’s more so 35 Over 4 with incentives.
Reply/Quote
Just saw, it’s officially a 6.75 hit in 2022. They are going to come out of today with far more cap than we think it looks like with Hopkins and Waynes still likely cuts.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 07:15 PM)Au165 Wrote: Just saw, it’s officially a 6.75 hit in 2022. They are going to come out of today with far more cap than we think it looks like with Hopkins and Waynes still likely cuts.

You have to think a significant right tackle is imminent.  
Reply/Quote
It's a reasonably structured contract.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 07:17 PM)samhain Wrote: You have to think a significant right tackle is imminent.  

Kind of feels like there is still a big move to drop. None of the big time tackles have signed yet so maybe there, could be an edge rusher as a dark horse too I think.
Reply/Quote
Excellent signing by this franchise. Hats off to Zac Taylor and this staff for continuing to build upon the success they have had by being very aggressive in adding key talent early in free agency.
Reply/Quote
I think we still make a reasonably big move at RT. I think its doubtful we like the OL prospects at 31 and we should be open to trading that pick. If we swapped our 1st for the Cowboys 2nd and Collins that would work out for us pretty well right now.
Reply/Quote

LMAO....the issues were on the interior line. Even when Reiff went down RT was not the weak link. The RG position made Prince look far worse than he was. With the additions of Cappa and Karras this line is far better than it was last year. Especially, if Karra is being looked at to play Center.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 07:36 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I think we still make a reasonably big move at RT. I think its doubtful we like the OL prospects at 31 and we should be open to trading that pick. If we swapped our 1st for the Cowboys 2nd and Collins that would work out for us pretty well right now.

Not sure where you are getting this information when you could be looking at Kenyon Green or Zion Johnson at 31.
Reply/Quote
Tiger
Both solid pickups especially if your not going for top tier guy early and looking for a gift late
They blocked for Brady mantra works for me.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 07:43 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Not sure where you are getting this information when you could be looking at Kenyon Green or Zion Johnson at 31.

After the combine I don't see Zion making it to 31.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Cappa and Karras are solid improvements and at least in my opinion, a signal that the Bengals are going for sprucing up the rush plays and PAP.

I was hoping for Carlton Davis but he is gone. Jones, Gilmore and Hughes are seasoned players to keep an eye on for defense.

I don't think Collins is in the cards because Dallas will save big on cap for is out right release and once Collins hits the market, he will get paid.

I think Bengals will have a big name player to sign. I am thinking Corbett at guard is possible.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote