Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone think Taylor is improving?
You have to credit Taylor for Adeniji it seemed like a head scratcher at the time to replace Carman the decision was made. He is playing excellent
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor is now tied with Marvin Lewis for wins vs Pittsburgh at PBS. They both have two.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I didn’t know where to post this sooo…

It's just Zac Taylor. Zac and Joe and their adventures. Zac forever and forever, a hundred years Zac Taylor, s... things. Me and ZT runnin' around and Zac time. Aaall day long forever. All, a hundred days Zac Taylor forever a hundred times. Over and over Zac Taylor adventures dot com W W W dot ZT dot com W W W Zac and Joe adventures all hundred years. Every minute Zac and Joe dot com W W W hundred times Zac and Joe dot com.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 08:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Who do you think got the front office to bring all that talent here?

The fans that stopped coming to games.

Silly to think a rookie head coach suddenly had more power than a coach that took the team to the playoff 5 straight years.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 10:13 PM)Ctfan73 Wrote: Zac Taylor is now tied with Marvin Lewis for wins vs Pittsburgh at PBS.  They both have two.

Marvin's Bengals beat the Steelers by double digits ONE time in his tenure. Zac already has THREE double digit wins against the Steelers. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 02:26 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The fans that stopped coming to games.

Silly to think a rookie head coach suddenly had more power than a coach that took the team to the playoff 5 straight years.

There was plenty of years where fans weren’t coming to games under Marvin. Remember Chad and Kroger having to buy thousands of tickets to avoid blackouts?

Taylor should definitely get some credit for convincing the family to spend on FA’s. It’s hard to believe it’s a coincidence that it just happened to start once he got here.

Reply/Quote
I don't know if he has necessarily improved but this is a 100% his team vs the past two seasons in which it was Marvin team. Which isn't a knock on either coach it's just what it is.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 03:24 AM)J24 Wrote: I don't know if he has necessarily improved but this is a 100% his team vs the past two seasons in which it was Marvin team. Which isn't a knock on either coach it's just what it is.

I feel like there has been quite an improvement in his playcalling as this year has gone on. We've been doing a lot more of what people here and outside the organization were asking for such as motion, chipping rushers, screens, actual creative plays, etc. Which, along with Burrows health, has lead to a much improved offense the second half of the year. 

First 4 games - 23.25ppg (with 2 OT games)

Last 5 games - 32.6ppg (31.2 if taking out the pick 6) 

Not to mention how many points we've left on the field due to unforced turnovers/poor decisions by Burrow. 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 02:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There was plenty of years where fans weren’t coming to games under Marvin. Remember Chad and Kroger having to buy thousands of tickets to avoid blackouts?

Taylor should definitely get some credit for convincing the family to spend on FA’s. It’s hard to believe it’s a coincidence that it just happened to start once he got here.

Hard to believe the Merv Militia is still a thing....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 03:24 AM)J24 Wrote: I don't know if he has necessarily improved but this is a 100% his team vs the past two seasons in which it was Marvin team. Which isn't a knock on either coach it's just what it is.

Joe Mixon - Marvin
Tyler Boyd - Marvin
Auden Tate - Marvin
Sam Hubbard - Marvin
Darius Phillips - Marvin
Jessie Bates - Marvin
Trey Hopkins - Marvin
Kevin Huber - Marvin
Josh Tupou -  Marvin
C.J. Uzomah - Marvin

[Image: 200.gif]

Darius Phillips
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I need a couple more data points before I declare this a trend. I was feeling pretty good after the wins against the Lions and Ravens and then they tanked against the Jets and Browns.
Reply/Quote
He seems to be, yes.
Reply/Quote
It’s hard to be fair and impartial about Zac Taylor; I still can’t get the awful aftertaste of 2019 and 2020 out of my mouth. Yes, Zac IS improving but he had nowhere to go but up.

I think we’re asking the wrong question here with respect to Zac Taylor. There’s no debate he is improving but here’s my question: How high is Zac Taylor’s ceiling? Can he get the Bengals to the playoffs? Can he coach the Bengals to a playoff win?
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 07:15 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Joe Mixon - Marvin
Tyler Boyd - Marvin
Auden Tate - Marvin
Sam Hubbard - Marvin
Darius Phillips - Marvin
Jessie Bates - Marvin
Trey Hopkins - Marvin
Kevin Huber - Marvin
Josh Tupou -  Marvin
C.J. Uzomah - Marvin

[Image: 200.gif]

Darius Phillips

Q) What's the one thing all those players have in common?

A) They all bought in to Taylor's system.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 11:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Q) What's the one thing all those players have in common?

A) They all bought in to Taylor's system.

Silly Rabbit, with that logic they were using Marvin's system in 2019 and 2020. For example, Kevin Huber was punting in 2019 and 2020 Marvin's way and now all of a sudden in 2021 Huber is punting Zac's way??? 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 10:58 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It’s hard to be fair and impartial about Zac Taylor; I still can’t get the awful aftertaste of 2019 and 2020 out of my mouth.  Yes, Zac IS improving but he had nowhere to go but up.  

I think we’re asking the wrong question here with respect to Zac Taylor.  There’s no debate he is improving but here’s my question:  How high is Zac Taylor’s ceiling?  Can he get the Bengals to the playoffs?  Can he coach the Bengals to a playoff win?

That IS the question. As to the fair and impartial part.... that's what I've tried to do. Let's be honest, this team was sinking fast during the end of Marvin's tenure. That window was shut when the new staff arrived. I looked at it all with a little patience. I felt like the first year was a throw away, mainly evaluating the roster. Year two was bad, but I felt like we probably win at least two or three more games if Burrow doesn't go down, and of course Mixon was out for a lengthy period too. Not great, but not as horrible as it wound up.

This year, there would be no excuses after the dramatic roster overhaul, and lo and behold, here we are headed into December in the thick of the playoff picture. They just need two more wins to get to a winning record. Four more and I think it's no doubt they're in the playoffs for the first time in six years. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:10 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Silly Rabbit, with that logic they were using Marvin's system in 2019 and 2020. For example, Kevin Huber was punting in 2019 and 2020 Marvin's way and now all of a sudden in 2021 Huber is punting Zac's way??? 

No, these players bought into Taylor's system from the start, which is why they are still here. And punters don't really play in a system, the only system they play is get the ball as far down the field without a touchback as they can.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 04:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No, these players bought into Taylor's system from the start, which is why they are still here. And punters don't really play in a system, the only system they play is get the ball as far down the field without a touchback as they can.

BINGO!!!!

I rest my case your honor...
This is what I replied to 
"I don't know if he has necessarily improved but this is a 100% his team vs the past two seasons in which it was Marvin team. Which isn't a knock on either coach it's just what it is."

Conclusion
It can't be said both ways. If the past two seasons were Marvin's team then it is flawed to say "these players bought into Taylor's system from the start"

[Image: QTYeRW0Iy7kzAvRHkB0JqUUB6TmqQRhlgMY8b85i...5-FB4NcpFA]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: That IS the question. As to the fair and impartial part.... that's what I've tried to do. Let's be honest, this team was sinking fast during the end of Marvin's tenure. That window was shut when the new staff arrived. I looked at it all with a little patience. I felt like the first year was a throw away, mainly evaluating the roster. Year two was bad, but I felt like we probably win at least two or three more games if Burrow doesn't go down, and of course Mixon was out for a lengthy period too. Not great, but not as horrible as it wound up.

This year, there would be no excuses after the dramatic roster overhaul, and lo and behold, here we are headed into December in the thick of the playoff picture. They just need two more wins to get to a winning record. Four more and I think it's no doubt they're in the playoffs for the first time in six years. 

The team WAS sinking fast during the end of Marvin's tenure. However, Zac has the fortunate to have the Owner pay for free agency to both obtain talent and retain talent. Maybe Zac convinced Mr. Brown while Marvin could not. 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 05:26 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: The team WAS sinking fast during the end of Marvin's tenure. However, Zac has the fortunate to have the Owner pay for free agency to both obtain talent and retain talent. Maybe Zac convinced Mr. Brown while Marvin could not. 

I think that's exactly the case. MB never hardly shelled out for Free Agents, not only for Marvin, but for any coach. Until Taylor got here. You have to think he had something to do with persuading him.
Reply/Quote