Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Claim QB Driskel from 49ers

This is an odd one and not what I expected to hear today.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 01:54 PM)Nizoj Wrote:
This is an odd one and not what I expected to hear today.

Did they claim him off of waivers, or was he signed to the Practice Squad?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Waivers. Which I assume means he will be on the 53 man roster at least for a few weeks, after the IR moves for Peerman and Jackson and until Burfict comes back from suspension.
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 02:02 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Waivers. Which I assume means he will be on the 53 man roster at least for a few weeks, after the IR moves for Peerman and Jackson and until Burfict comes back from suspension.

That makes some sense. We get the PS QB we want over the other options but have to carry him on the roster for a bit. He'd be subject to waivers again but a few weeks into the season we'd have a much better chance of getting him onto the PS.

It appears he was our only waiver claim. Hopefully we have a vet in our crosshairs to sign.
Reply/Quote
So who did we dump to claim him?
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 02:08 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So who did we dump to claim him?

It has to be WJ3 and or Peerman to IR
Reply/Quote
I think we have more pressing needs than a #3 QB at this point.

Disappointed we didnt grab OL or DB where injuries have us unsettled week 1.
Reply/Quote
Guess we really need to get a jump on a mobile scout team qb for when we play the Seahawks or Panthers in the SB.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 02:14 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I think we have more pressing needs than a #3 QB at this point.

Disappointed we didnt grab OL or DB where injuries have us unsettled week 1.

While I agree that I wish we had made some moves for other positions I also think it became very apparent that Wenning and Licata were not going to stick around here and we needed to make a move to replace that position, even if it is a PS spot.
Reply/Quote
Driskel is a better prospect then Wenning or Licata. I still think they need to look for depth at other positions.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I guess this means goodbye Trevor Roach
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Definitely an interesting claim. They must think he can develop into a good #2 if we trade AJ next offseason. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Yikes. He put up some pretty awful numbers at Florida and lost out to Christian Ponder in SF.

Definitely has the size (6'4" 230 lbs) and athleticism (4.56 forty) though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Maybe the FO is thinking that this guy is better than Wenneg or whatever his name was and they can put him on the PS to teach him the Offense and be the number 2 when AJM is traded or leaves?

I don't know, I'm confused.
Reply/Quote
meh. Would've liked to have seen a lineman (either line). There's got to be someone that would be a decent prospect.
Reply/Quote
smh

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 02:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yikes. He put up some pretty awful numbers at Florida and lost out to Christian Ponder in SF.

Definitely has the size (6'4" 230 lbs) and athleticism (4.56 forty) though.

This has Mike Brown written all over it. They are going to convert him to a wide receiver.
Reply/Quote
Maybe they realized how unprepared they were to trade McCarron when Zimmer came calling with a mega deal, and developing another #2 became a priority.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
There is your special teams demon to replace Peerman. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote