Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Sign OT/G Bobby Hart
Looks like the bottom of the barrel dregs. Just hope Pollack saw something in him.

To be rated worst than Og and for him to have reportedly quit on the Giants sure makes me wonder about this signing.

Get a Nate Solder, Justin Pugh, Jonathan Cooper, Ryan Jensen, Zach Fulton type of player for heck sake.

Hart will be lucky to make the team. This is not how you improve your team in FA but it is extremely early.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 02:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Marvin saying "The offensive line is a focus area for us and this is one of various steps we are taking to improve our performance." implies that Hart will have a role. One does not "improve performance" by sitting on the bench. Hobspin suggesting that this proves the Bengals are serious about fixing the line also makes it seem like Hart will have a serious shot at starting, at the very least. Sure, we might sign someone good in FA (color me pessimistic on that, based on our past), but that doesn't mean people can't be less than thrilled at the prospect of this guy starting.

Harts contract will tell you all you need to know about how much of a role the invision him in.  Lets see what that is I'm guessing Vet Min

That's the problem right there you instantly assume this guy will be starting... This guy if he wins a spot sure let him play Most likely is here to see if he can beat out aging vets like Winston for a backup role... OR add competition to the young guys like Redmon Westerman Hopkins(trey)

I see him competiting for OG being an emergency OT. if he makes the squad.... At the very least he can play multiple spots on the OL during camp. which we need bodies at with Fisher still an unknown. and Winston pushing 40

Now if at the end of free agency (which again hasn't started yet) this is our only OL move.... Then yeah color me concerned. But this signing means little to nothing right now.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 03:18 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Indeed. Its only happened with those two and again, one other person.

Or, I used to get notifications that Pistons replied and no post was to be found.

It notified me of this one. 

Go figure
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
To be fair does anyone realistically think the team is going to sign anyone then come right out and say, "This is the worse possible thing we've ever considered doing and we're proud to say we're a bunch of stooges who couldn't pour piss out of a boot with directions stamped on the heel."? 
While that may be more truth than the organization is ever going to admit they're never going to come right out and say it. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 12:11 PM)Bengalboy Wrote: To quote Marvin :

“Bobby is a young player with three years of NFL experience and has very good upside and tools,” Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said in a statement released by the team. “We are excited to add him to the team as we improve our offensive line. The offensive line is a focus area for us and this is one of various steps we are taking to improve our performance.”

Adding Bobby Hart is not improving the offensive line. Sure is he a 23 yr old guy who has experience in the league and could maybe turn it all around project? Sure ..... nothing else what so ever. We need Starting Material in 2 forms bare minimum (Draft and FA) not this crap.

Really if they aren't going to teach him Technique, then we are just wasting everyone's time.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 10:21 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Newhouse was never a camp body; he was signed to be our swing T, from day one.

This guy has no chance.

EDIT: BTW, Storer, I know this isn't the first time you've replied to something I said; I've noticed, many weeks after the fact, that you and Benzoo, plus maybe one other, reply to my posts and I don't reply back.

I'm not ignoring you guys or anything, but I don't get a notification when you post, for some reason.

Just letting you know; I know it probably doesn't matter lol, but just in case!
Don't worry about it. I usually can't see a whole thread in tapatalk. Plus, I'm not a big poster. I only post unrealistic mocks, and angry rants.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
[quote='XenoMorph' pid='516590' dateline='1518721969

I see him competiting for OG being an emergency OT. if he makes the squad....
[/quote]

This.

In no way, shape, nor form do I want to see this guy lined up at tackle in a passing situation.
Reply/Quote
A late round draft pick with a bad attitude who quit on his team and was best out by Marshall Newhouse. Wow!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 04:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Harts contract will tell you all you need to know about how much of a role the invision him in.  Lets see what that is I'm guessing Vet Min

That's the problem right there you instantly assume this guy will be starting... This guy if he wins a spot sure let him play Most likely is here to see if he can beat out aging vets like Winston for a backup role... OR add competition to the young guys like Redmon Westerman Hopkins(trey)

I see him competiting for OG being an emergency OT. if he makes the squad.... At the very least he can play multiple spots on the OL during camp. which we need bodies at with Fisher still an unknown. and Winston pushing 40

Now if at the end of free agency (which again hasn't started yet) this is our only OL move.... Then yeah color me concerned. But this signing means little to nothing right now.

Given Ole-hee’s ineptitude, it’s not a stretch to say Hart may compete for a starting job this Summer. Hart is a bum, but so is Cedric. Either way, Hart does not move the needle, and Hobson is just a corporate shill doing his job.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
I think it's important and needs to be said LOUDLY that FREE AGENCY HASN'T STARTED YET. We were able to sign this guy because he was cut before the end of the season.

As much as I understand the criticisms leveled at the front office, let's wait until AT LEAST the 2nd day of Free Agency before we criticize them for not addressing the OL.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 07:58 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I think it's important and needs to be said LOUDLY that FREE AGENCY HASN'T STARTED YET. We were able to sign this guy because he was cut before the end of the season.

As much as I understand the criticisms leveled at the front office, let's wait until AT LEAST the 2nd day of Free Agency before we criticize them for not addressing the OL.

FA??? What are you talking about? We just lost the AJM ruling, now we owe him a years salary + interest, now we are up against the salary cap. pshh like we can afford to sign anyone. We got to low ball our own players and see who will stay now.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 07:38 PM)CanadianBengal Wrote: A late round draft pick with a bad attitude who quit on his team and was best out by Marshall Newhouse. Wow!!!!!!!

Given how awful Ogbuehi has been, for Mikey boy to go out and find someone who has been worse is pretty astonishing. For Mikey boy to actually sign the guy borders on complete looniness. 

Reply/Quote
I'm such a lame-o that my first thought when I read this was "Didn't Bobby Hart co-write a bunch of his for the Monkees?"

(02-14-2018, 07:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Somehow at first, I read that as Brett Hart.  I started thinking, "A retired WWF wrestler now plays tackle in the NFL??".

That's ridiculous, but didn't Jim "the Anvil" Neidhart play football at one point?
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 11:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm such a lame-o that my first thought when I read this was "Didn't Bobby Hart co-write a bunch of his for the Monkees?"

That's ridiculous, but didn't Jim "the Anvil" Neidhart play football at one point?

Can he play tackle? I don’t think theAnvil Flattener is legal though.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
While I don't see this as a groundbreaking signing, I do see this as adding a young guy with potential and experience who might thrive in a new system or with a new o-line coach. I'd rather have three young projects than two just from an odds perspective. Also, I see this as a similar move to last year's trade for Chris Smith. It prevented them from reaching for a DE in the first round and allowed them to wait for guys who slipped (Willis and Lawson) regardless of any production Smith had. If this pickup prevents us from reaching for a first round tackle with the 12th pick then it was worth it as I don't see any tackles worth that pick. I think they would prefer to go BPA throughout the draft which is really the best way to improve a team if they get those picks right. It's also better than standing pat when they've obviously had tremendous struggles on the o-line. I personally hope they can wrestle Norwell away from Carolina. That would be groundbreaking!
Reply/Quote
This guy does have 20 NFL starts.

Don't think he will be starting for us, but if he gets his head together he has a decent at making the roster.
Reply/Quote
My guessing is that if you play on a bum ankle most of the year that it would affect your rankings. He graded a little better when he was healthy. He should be healthy, a little older and maybe have something to prove. He could prove to be a solid rotation or backup piece. I normally am quick to rip on this pathetic management, I just don’t see the harm in seeing what this kid has. Keep him if he shows up to play, cut him if not.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 03:22 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: My guessing is that if you play on a bum ankle most of the year that it would affect your rankings. He graded a little better when he was healthy. He should be healthy, a little older and maybe have something to prove. He could prove to be a solid rotation or backup piece. I normally am quick to rip on this pathetic management, I just don’t see the harm in seeing what this kid has. Keep him if he shows up to play, cut him if not.

agree with this

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Probably a signature for the camp, never too much o-line, he still young, could be good depth, if he's not just cut him!
[Image: aj_green_by_augizt-d46yv55.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 08:04 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: FA??? What are you talking about? We just lost the AJM ruling, now we owe him a years salary + interest, now we are up against the salary cap. pshh like we can afford to sign anyone. We got to low ball our own players and see who will stay now.

It's always amazing to me how the Steelers and other clubs are able to manipulate and make things work, but we are always "up against the cap", yet never use it and have a pile sitting there every season.

I'd love to believe we are going to sign someone significant, but I am afraid this is going to be one of the huge additions.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote