Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals in the mix for Trent Williams?
He wants a new contract. This isn't a good fit.

I'd rather them spend the money on another (or two) defensive player. DE/LB.

and keep the pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I would be very happy to see him on our roster. I certainly don't want him in C-land. If the Browns add Williams, along with the addition of Conklin, they should be able to run the ball at will on everybody!
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 10:49 AM)jj22 Wrote: He wants a new contract. This isn't a good fit.

I'd rather them spend the money on another (or two) defensive player. DE/LB.

and keep the pick.

I understand the new contract concerns, but I disagree with the pick is better notion.  Flat out the number of picks that "make it" is so finite as opposed to bust that I would always error on the side of proven commodity.  

I can also understand the fear of past injury stuff, so going elsewhere for this position isn't lost on me either.  If Dalton was the move though for Williams, I'd say yes immediately.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 06:08 AM)Whodey614 Wrote: This account has also reported the last few days of the Bengals being in talks with

Kevin Beachman
Cameron Wake
Alec Olgetree
Reshad Jones
Antione Bethea

Also said the Bengals could be in play for Jason Peters

https://twitter.com/profootball411/status/1242319511220609024?s=21

https://twitter.com/profootball411/status/1242237121513078790?s=21

https://twitter.com/profootball411/status/1241842057242710016?s=21

Peter's is up there in age, but still playing at a high level.  I'd be cool signing him on a 1-2 year deal.
Reply/Quote
I get that this is all just fund discussion board fodder, but the whole idea is absurd. Ain't happening.

As for that account having reported things accurately before, that's an old social media trick. You pass along every baseless rumor you hear, most of them are nothing, but then you trumpet the small handful you happen to hit on. And you can supposedly beat national reporters to the punch because you don't lose anything if you get it wrong, you have no real skin in the game. (regurgitate everything while real reporters are busy triangulating and fact checking). This is what Florio used to do, I believe, and how he became a national sports media figure.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 11:11 AM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: I get that this is all just fund discussion board fodder, but the whole idea is absurd. Ain't happening.

As for that account having reported things accurately before, that's an old social media trick. You pass along every baseless rumor you hear, most of them are nothing, but then you trumpet the small handful you happen to hit on. And you can supposedly beat national reporters to the punch because you don't lose anything if you get it wrong, you have no real skin in the game. (regurgitate everything while real reporters are busy triangulating and fact checking). This is what Florio used to do, I believe, and how he became a national sports media figure.

I don't know the accounts sources but it has been very accurate and has announced alot of signings before the national media. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 11:17 AM)Synric Wrote: I don't know the accounts sources but it has been very accurate and has announced alot of signings before the national media. 

I just addressed this. I could pull that off too, without ANY sources. How much do this account get wrong? Does anybody keep track of that? Blind squirrels find nuts every once in a while. 
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 10:28 AM)McC Wrote: No, but he can match him for malcontentedness(if that's even a word) all day long.

That’s what happens when the team’s medical staff told him not to worry about what turned out to be cancer.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 11:02 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I would be very happy to see him on our roster. I certainly don't want him in C-land. If the Browns add Williams, along with the addition of Conklin, they should be able to run the ball at will on everybody!

If nothing else, we're seeing if the price drops.  The bigger issue is the extension it would take to get him on the field, but physicals can't happen.  

This Kevin Beachman fellow has to be good, when you don't hear about an Olineman to blame it's a good thing.  They should check in on that athletic UFA that played for the Jets last year though. 
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 11:11 AM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: I get that this is all just fund discussion board fodder, but the whole idea is absurd. Ain't happening.

I'd like a list of national reporters, sports or otherwise, who lost anything by reporting their own personal fantasies as The Truth.  Disney owns major segments of the sports and national news media.  The same people who jealously guard Cinderella control what we are supposed to believe is The Truth.  Life is much better if you turn it all off.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 10:37 AM)McC Wrote: I won't argue that.  But don't you think players gonna play no matter what?  Don't they get out all their frustrations come Sunday?

WhoDey2  One would think. LT Glenn's act bit us on the ass last season... Cool  
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 06:24 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: What kind of compensation would you guys be looking at? A second or third rounder?

Are you guys okay with giving them our second round pick for a soon to be 32 year old Pro Bowl caliber tackle?

I would be. I think Williams could play well for another few years, and would allow Jonah to swing inside until ready to take over.
He'd be better than most 2nd round rookies.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 01:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I would be. I think Williams could play well for another few years, and would allow Jonah to swing inside until ready to take over.
He'd be better than most 2nd round rookies.

No way. Jonah played RT at Alabama too. Kick Hart to the bench and have Williams bros as bookends!! ThumbsUp

But no way would I give up a 2nd round pick for a 32 year old Tackle who hasn't played in a year.
I'd try to pull off that trade with Dre since they just traded away a CB for a 5th.
They're trying to purge their roster as well over there though.  
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 01:13 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: No way. Jonah played RT at Alabama too. Kick Hart to the bench and have Williams bros as bookends!! ThumbsUp

But no way would I give up a 2nd round pick for a 32 year old Tackle who hasn't played in a year.
I'd try to pull off that trade with Dre since they just traded away a CB for a 5th.
They're trying to purge their roster as well over there though.  

I'd also be fine if Jonah played RT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 06:02 AM)Whodey614 Wrote: We were told earlier tonight OT Trent Williams #Redskins  trade was being discussed with #Bengals and #Browns

https://twitter.com/profootball411/status/1242334598140436481?s=21

Usually don't pay attention to accounts like this but this is the same account that  broke the Trae Waynes news before the national media did and reported they were in on Schobert. According to their interactions they've been spot on with most of their predictions and rumors. Their pinned tweet is about Gurley going to Atlanta before anyone knew they were an option.

I figured it’d make good discussion.

Interesting.

(03-24-2020, 06:08 AM)Whodey614 Wrote: This account has also reported the last few days of the Bengals being in talks with

Kevin Beachman
Cameron Wake
Alec Olgetree
Reshad Jones
Antione Bethea

Also said the Bengals could be in play for Jason Peters

https://twitter.com/profootball411/status/1242319511220609024?s=21

https://twitter.com/profootball411/status/1242237121513078790?s=21

https://twitter.com/profootball411/status/1241842057242710016?s=21

Would like any of Beachum, Wake, Ogletree, Reshad or Peters.

Man I hope they get one of these guys, would be the best FA I can remember...
Reply/Quote
HELL no. Thanks.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Jason Peters makes more sense, especially since he said he'd play LT or RT. You could get him cheap on a one year deal and buy you time if you wanted to draft a Tackle in the 3rd or 4th, or maybe for Fred Johnson to develop.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 02:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: Jason Peters makes more sense, especially since he said he'd play LT or RT. You could get him cheap on a one year deal and buy you time if you wanted to draft a Tackle in the 3rd or 4th, or maybe for Fred Johnson to develop.

Bingo, Peters makes more since because he is willing to play RT. Now if there is a trade, obviously this scenario goes out the window.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 02:51 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Bingo, Peters makes more since because he is willing to play RT. Now if there is a trade, obviously this scenario goes out the window.

Probably have to pay a lot less for Peters too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 02:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: Jason Peters makes more sense, especially since he said he'd play LT or RT. You could get him cheap on a one year deal and buy you time if you wanted to draft a Tackle in the 3rd or 4th, or maybe for Fred Johnson to develop.

I like it, plus isn't this Fred Johnson really big like Peters?

Never got see any of this FJ guy last season. Just heard he was huge and did a good job in a game or two.

(03-24-2020, 02:51 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Bingo, Peters makes more since because he is willing to play RT. Now if there is a trade, obviously this scenario goes out the window.

Yes, if we pick up a OT he has to be able to play RT as LT is Jonah's spot.

(03-24-2020, 02:58 PM)McC Wrote: Probably have to pay a lot less for Peters too.

True.
Reply/Quote