Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals in the mix for Trent Williams?
Um, it's not my place to burst anybody's bubble, but "bengalsupdates" appears to be a twitter account of a teenage kid with 111 followers, whose "sources" most likely are "profootball411" who also has no sources.

I'll cut a finger off and post a photo to this board if we trade for Trent Williams.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 06:27 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Um, it's not my place to burst anybody's bubble, but "bengalsupdates" appears to be a twitter account of a teenage kid with 111 followers, whose "sources" most likely are "profootball411" who also has no sources.

I'll cut a finger off and post a photo to this board if we trade for Trent Williams.

That seems drastic.  Most folks would just settle for an offer to eat crow. 

That or, not even remember what you said.

Plus, I have cut a part of a finger off and I highly recommend against it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 05:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for this, exciting stuff. The thing is if we do bring in Trent I don't know if he would play RT so we would have to move Jonah.

Heard Peters is willing to play RT... 

Would be happy either way though. Cool

The biggest variable is the extension the Bengals, Browns or Vikes or whoever actually offer since they can't get a physical. I doubt anyone gives a 2nd without the right deal. If there is no extension I wouldn't be shocked to see Cincy get him for their 4th. Peters at the right deal may be the way to go while they groom say the 4th round tackle for instance.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 07:06 PM)phil413 Wrote: The biggest variable is the extension the Bengals, Browns or Vikes or whoever actually offer since they can't get a physical.  I doubt anyone gives a 2nd without the right deal.  If there is no extension I wouldn't be shocked to see Cincy get him for their 4th.  Peters at the right deal may be the way to go while they groom say the 4th round tackle for instance.

They can get physicals with independent doctors.  That's what Brady did and I believe Cam did the same.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 07:06 PM)phil413 Wrote: The biggest variable is the extension the Bengals, Browns or Vikes or whoever actually offer since they can't get a physical.  I doubt anyone gives a 2nd without the right deal.  If there is no extension I wouldn't be shocked to see Cincy get him for their 4th.  Peters at the right deal may be the way to go while they groom say the 4th round tackle for instance.

We are kind of strapped for picks as there are only 7 and they are the most valuable as they are the first in every round.

Thinking Peters is the right way to go with the way things are shaking out.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 02:04 PM)McC Wrote: Seems unlikely he'll be gotten on the cheap with all the talk about the Skins wanting a 2nd.  That #33 is the key to our whole draft.

Then, factor in that he is demanding a new deal.

I still think he ends up in Cleveland.  They love the big names up there.

I'm not entirely sure I would give a 2nd. Maybe a 3rd, but I'd be more in line with a 4th or lower personally. I feel like we would be better off taking a OL at #33 that's young rather than an aging former Pro Bowler.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 11:00 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I'm not entirely sure I would give a 2nd. Maybe a 3rd, but I'd be more in line with a 4th or lower personally. I feel like we would be better off taking a OL at #33 that's young rather than an aging former Pro Bowler.

He's gonna want well over 10 mil a year.  At least a three year deal.  And you will have to pay him to play him.

If any of this LT talk is real, that says a lot about how they view what they have for at  least one of the T positions. 

Makes me think if one of the top OT's fall to #33, would not be surprising to see the Bengals take him for their rookie QB.  

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 11:32 PM)McC Wrote: He's gonna want well over 10 mil a year.  At least a three year deal.  And you will have to pay him to play him.

If any of this LT talk is real, that says a lot about how they view what they have for at  least one of the T positions. 

Makes me think if one of the top OT's fall to #33, would not be surprising to see the Bengals take him for their rookie QB.  

I'm still not against picking up Jason Peters for a year or two even if they take another lineman at #33.
Reply/Quote
Trent Williams? Gawd, I hope not. Let some other team take that risk, I believe in Jonah Williams.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 12:15 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I'm still not against picking up Jason Peters for a year or two even if they take another lineman at #33.

I agree.  Then you have a year to work him in.  And if he beats out Peters, you have a helluva backup.  How many LT's did we use last year from injury?

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 12:49 AM)McC Wrote: I agree.  Then you have a year to work him in.  And if he beats out Peters, you have a helluva backup.  How many LT's did we use last year from injury?

There is no way in hell the Bengals aren't playing their #1 LT draft choice at LT this year with Jonah. You're talking about taking 3 older tackles past their prime and moving them to RT after they've played LT their entire careers?
What the hell is going on around here???
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 12:49 AM)McC Wrote: I agree.  Then you have a year to work him in.  And if he beats out Peters, you have a helluva backup.  How many LT's did we use last year from injury?

We had LT's last year?
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 12:59 AM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: There is no way in hell the Bengals aren't playing their #1 LT draft choice at LT this year with Jonah. You're talking about taking 3 older tackles past their prime and moving them to RT after they've played LT their entire careers?
What the hell is going on around here???

Trent Williams is only 31. He has a lot of good years left.

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 01:14 PM)WhoDey Hooligan Wrote: https://twitter.com/bengalupdates/status/1243535837515714562?s=20

Not sure how reliable this info is, but this would be amazing. From a fan of 40 years that was ready to call it day with my fandom of this team, I'm excited for the first time in many years. I don't even care if they suck or not at this point...at least they are trying something different. They have earned my fandom back regardless of how this season turns out.

Has some interesting stuff posted on his twitter feed, but have to be suspicious of the credibility. Most of his tweets end seem to cite himself as the source? Also, says we’ve reached out to Dak Prescott now. Doubtful.

Either way - I’m just excited to hear any rumor at this point (regardless of credibility).. because for the first time in a long time it actually feels like anything is possible.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 01:36 PM)bengals0425 Wrote: Has some interesting stuff posted on his twitter feed, but have to be suspicious of the credibility. Most of his tweets end seem to cite himself as the source? Also, says we’ve reached out to Dak Prescott now. Doubtful.

Either way - I’m just excited to hear any rumor at this point (regardless of credibility).. because for the first time in a long time it actually feels like anything is possible.

I’m interested in seeing how Dallas’s now highly paid offensive skill players do without a monstrous offensive line.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 01:41 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I’m interested in seeing how Dallas’s now highly paid offensive skill players do without a monstrous offensive line.

Dari and Mel took a call from a Cowboys fan today.  Mel said not to be surprised if Dallas trades back and doubles down on OL picks.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
They paid Hart and the only way he's not gonna start at RT is if he plays himself out of a job. Johnson/draft pick are really going to have to turn some heads to supplant Hart.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 06:29 PM)McC Wrote: That seems drastic.  Most folks would just settle for an offer to eat crow. 

Nope, we want Williams, the finger AND the picture..... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 06:29 PM)McC Wrote: That seems drastic.  Most folks would just settle for an offer to eat crow. 

Why not go all on in...do it Jon Bobbitt style...LOL
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2020, 03:52 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Why not go all on in...do it Jon Bobbitt style...LOL

Ouch.  But hey, he got an extension out of it.  And not a contract extension.  Hey, doc, while you're there...

Reply/Quote