Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals in the mix for Trent Williams?
Trent William's agent went public today.

Quote:"The relationship between the Redskins and Trent Williams has reached a point where it's in the best interest that the Redskins trade or release him," the statement read.

"Despite its knowledge of the irreconcilable differences, Washington was unable (or unwilling) to negotiate a trade of Williams. The team then gave Williams and his representatives the right to seek trading partners. Williams' representatives provided the team with trading options, but the Redskins have shown no interest in negotiating in good faith, and, in fact, have given inconsistent demands on what it wants in return for a trade."

"Throughout the process, Williams has maintained his silence and not spoken negatively about the team nor has he pursued potential legal actions. This seems to not be a successful strategy. Players who are outwardly critical of the team do get traded.

"Although Trent Williams will always love and respect Dan Snyder, his teammates and the Washington Redskins' fans, he wants to be traded or released. It's time for the organization to act in a manner that is in both Williams' and the team's best interest."
https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001107393/article/agent-to-redskins-release-or-cut-trent-williams?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3Dstory&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3Daround-the-league%3Bteam%3Dwas%3Bconf%3Dnfc%3Bdvsn%3Dnce%3Bplyr%3Ddarius_slay&p.ct=Around+the+NFL&p.adsm=true&p.tcm=%23fff&p.bgc1m=%230964bf&p.bgc2m=%23053a74&sr=amp
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 10:26 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The value of a 31 year old tackle on the last year of his deal who hasn't played in a year and who failed a physical during the 2019 season due to head soreness...

That's a toughie.

I'd give up a 4th or 5th rounder for him. But no more than that.

All I know is this,They better pay our RB some good money and show him he is for sure wanted,if they low ball him that would be bad and I am hearing and reading that RBs are being lowballed everywhere and Joe Mixon has shown he is the real deal,please pay the man some good money so he is happy with the deal.Forget what the league is doing.Joe is worth a ton. ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 05:49 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: All I know is this,They better pay our RB some good money and show him he is for sure wanted,if they low ball him that would be bad and I am hearing and reading that RBs are being lowballed everywhere and Joe Mixon has shown he is the real deal,please pay the man some good money so he is happy with the deal.Forget what the league is doing.Joe is worth a ton. ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp

Runningbacks are being devalued leaguewide.

It's pretty crazy, but the past 5 years have shown second contracts for running backs are really really bad ideas.

I hope they pay Mixon as well, but I hope he understands that the market will probably dictate his salary at around 6 to 8 million per year at most.
Reply/Quote
I feel like Jonah would kick inside to guard if Williams or Peters were signed. At this point, I think Hart not being the starting RT is largely fantasy. If he's not, I think Fred Johnson will be, but even that seems unlikely.

Jordan is probably the weak link on the offensive line right now. He's got length and learns well, but still needs to get a little bigger and stronger.

I don't see how they sign either of these guys from a cap perspective right now. If they do, it's probably as a stopgap to let Jordan develop a bit before kicking Jonah outside and giving him the LG spot. I know Jonah was drafted to be our LT, but this was also the path Whitworth took before becoming dominant.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 06:46 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Runningbacks are being devalued leaguewide.

It's pretty crazy, but the past 5 years have shown second contracts for running backs are really really bad ideas.

I hope they pay Mixon as well, but I hope he understands that the market will probably dictate his salary at around 6 to 8 million per year at most.

The new landscape for RB's is, like you say, 6 to 8 mil or play out the rookie deal, franchise twice, replace.  Now,you're at either six or seven years in, otherwise known as when most RB's start to break down.  In the rare instances when that doen't happen, then the player is lookig at a series of one year deals probably on multiple teams.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 07:21 PM)samhain Wrote: I feel like Jonah would kick inside to guard if Williams or Peters were signed.  At this point, I think Hart not being the starting RT is largely fantasy.  If he's not, I think Fred Johnson will be, but even that seems unlikely.  

Jordan is probably the weak link on the offensive line right now.  He's got length and learns well, but still needs to get a little bigger and stronger.

I don't see how they sign either of these guys from a cap perspective right now.  If they do, it's probably as a stopgap to let Jordan develop a bit before kicking Jonah outside and giving him the LG spot.  I know Jonah was drafted to be our LT, but this was also the path Whitworth took before becoming dominant.

There is no universe where Jonah Williams is playing G.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 06:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Seeing a lot of buzz about the Browns, but it would be huge if we could pull it off.

This would be 100% a Browns move to get him. Disgruntled, bi-polar, overpaid, and oft injured diva player, who's gonna want to be traded after the 1st season when they go 6-10.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 09:47 PM)Mobster Wrote: There is no universe where Jonah Williams is playing G.

The universe where we pickup a Trent Williams and we want to get the 5 best starters on the field. Though I image he'd probably play RT you never know he could line up at LG.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 11:17 AM)Synric Wrote: I don't know the accounts sources but it has been very accurate and has announced alot of signings before the national media. 

Which signings did they announce before someone in the media or news/info outlet broke it first? 
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 01:22 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: This would be 100% a Browns move to get him. Disgruntled, bi-polar, overpaid, and oft injured diva player, who's gonna want to be traded after the 1st season when they go 6-10.

7x pro bowler.

Reply/Quote
When he shoved a helmet-less Richard Sherman after a game with his helmet on, that was it for me man.  I wouldn't offer more than a 7th and league minimum for this guy.  He should probably retire if he has a concussion problem which makes him shove other players after games.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 02:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 7x pro bowler.

Still not worth the headache
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 04:59 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: When he shoved a helmet-less Richard Sherman after a game with his helmet on, that was it for me man.  I wouldn't offer more than a 7th and league minimum for this guy.  He should probably retire if he has a concussion problem which makes him shove other players after games.

I did not know he shoved Richard Sherman after a game. That raises his stock imo and I am bumping up my offer one round. Had he punched Sherman in his loud ass mouth... Maybe he gets the 20mil he wants to be paid.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 04:59 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: When he shoved a helmet-less Richard Sherman after a game with his helmet on, that was it for me man.  I wouldn't offer more than a 7th and league minimum for this guy.  He should probably retire if he has a concussion problem which makes him shove other players after games.

Anyone who shoves punk ass Richard Sherman is cool by me. 
Reply/Quote
Didn't we just release Trent Williams? Oh wait; that was Cordy Glenn.

I'm good.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 08:03 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I did not know he shoved Richard Sherman after a game. That raises his stock imo and I am bumping up my offer one round. Had he punched Sherman in his loud ass mouth... Maybe he gets the 20mil he wants to be paid.

It was more of an open handed jab to his head. Sherman was hardly phased, and again... Williams was a coward with his helmet still on.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
ProFootball411 called Eiffert to Jags before anyone else and had us tied to Bynes last week. They are saying we are looking at Peters and could be his landing spot. They haven't hit on everything but they have been pretty good so far. We will see.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 09:13 AM)jason Wrote: Didn't we just release Trent Williams? Oh wait; that was Cordy Glenn.

I'm good.

The only way Cordy Glenn would ever make it to a Pro Bowl (let alone 7) would be buying a ticket.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 08:04 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Anyone who shoves punk ass Richard Sherman is cool by me. 

It actually was more of an open handed punch. Didn’t seem to hurt sherman at all (he immediately started laughing), but he gave him a good shot. Best part was, Trent straight up told Sherman he was going to hit him as soon as Sherman started talking. Sherman said something along the lines of “go ahead and hit then, boy”, then whack LOL
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 10:10 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: It actually was more of an open handed punch. Didn’t seem to hurt sherman at all (he immediately started laughing), but he gave him a good shot. Best part was, Trent straight up told Sherman he was going to hit him as soon as Sherman started talking. Sherman said something along the lines of “go ahead and hit then, boy”, then whack LOL

So Trent Williams is not just another Cordy Glenn in the lockerroom.  He is also a Vontez Burfict when dealing with other teams players.

What could possibly go wrong with signing a guy like this.

If a player can't deal with trash talk without throwing punches then he is not much of a man.
Reply/Quote