Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals joking in locker room after loss
(10-23-2017, 10:39 PM)Wyche Wrote: I didn't even address that point....because anyone who has ever footballed should KNOW this.  NO player would ever call that.

I'm not saying it wasn't Marvins call. I know for sure that it was (Which shows what kind of person Marvin is). I just feel like, as a leader of the team, if he goes into the huddle and says "I don't care that they want is to kneel we aren't going to show that we quit and we're going to run the ball" it shows alot more to the team then tucking tail and bending over. Now that shouldn't be something Dalton has to do, but I feel like it's something he should do. 

I don't have time to respond to the rest of your previous message but I'm pretty sure Haden was hurt for at least one or two of the games. But those injuries make a huge impact on the player he is today and Haden didn't shut Green down this game. I completely agree he did early on in Greens career though, even back to college ball.
Reply/Quote
Some people laugh when they are nervous. It's about time to start firing people. Who's first to go?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 11:17 PM)Sweetness Wrote: I'm not saying it wasn't Marvins call. I know for sure that it was (Which shows what kind of person Marvin is). I just feel like, as a leader of the team, if he goes into the huddle and says "I don't care that they want is to kneel we aren't going to show that we quit and we're going to run the ball" it shows alot more to the team then tucking tail and bending over. Now that shouldn't be something Dalton has to do, but I feel like it's something he should do. 

I don't have time to respond to the rest of your previous message but I'm pretty sure Haden was hurt for at least one or two of the games. But those injuries make a huge impact on the player he is today and Haden didn't shut Green down this game. I completely agree he did early on in Greens career though, even back to college ball.

I agree with you there too....what are they gonna do, bench him?  Screw it!

I'm just EXTREMELY frustrated the Mike Clown & crew have squandered this window of opportunity with players like Atkins, Dunlap, Green, Bernard, Whitworth, Smith, and even Andy Dalton by largely being *****, and by "not valuing" integral cogs in the football machine and being cheapskates.

When you were around in the 80s.....to see this shit.....man it's painful.  

I hope you don't think I was getting personal....I just tire of people shitting on decent to very good players when the shit show is upstairs.  There is no accountability here, and that is the problem.  It's a comedy of errors in crunch time because of a lack of discipline.

To your point in Haden.  He is not good enough to shut Green down these days....but he's still good enough to be a hindrance.  He proved that Sunday, aided by our shit-tastic o line not giving routes enough time to develop.

I mean....we ain't talking about a quarterback stepping into sacks this week or arguing he didn't....we're talking straight up unabated to the passer type shit.  Pathetic.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 12:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That shit drives me crazy. I'll never forget him laughing on the sideline during one of the playoff losses to the Texans where he had thrown like 3 pics. Not what you want to see out of your QB/leader...
Shouldn't they be on the phone with the Cardinals talking about trading Dalton?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Non story
Reply/Quote
It starts from the top. Marvin and his giggling ways to redhead and his inconsistent performances. This team needs new leadership and a new QB. I've been saying this for a very long time...perhaps this off season it will happen.
Reply/Quote
I love how they pointed out that Marvin Lewis was showing past game tapes of the intensity in the games before...why is that important?

Why are you not 100% focusing on this season? I'm really lost why they would be looking at game tape of our players getting smashed...I guess this can be an addition to the tape for the next game.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 02:03 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: It starts from the top. Marvin and his giggling ways to redhead and his inconsistent performances. This team needs new leadership and a new QB. I've been saying this for a very long time...perhaps this off season it will happen.

The Brown family can't be fired,the "crappiness" flows from the top of the pyramid :paul: .
Reply/Quote
Still lost how a new QB is going to block for us...I mean maybe McCarron playing, using his wife, might distract the defensive line...That might do it.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 11:54 AM)ochocincos Wrote: What really irritates me is the whole, "It's just another game" approach this team sees to always preach.
That mentality shows that this team and coaching staff are afraid and too mentally weak to have the confidence needed to win big games.
For once, just have some urgency and act like you care.

This was exactly the mentality that John Cooper had at OSU against Michigan.  And Michigan owned them...

Jim Tressel came in and immediately announced that his university would be proud in something like 327 days when they play Michigan.  He changed the approach, he raised the emphasis, and he owned Michigan for a lot of his career.

Yes, it is college, but you don't hide from the rivalry, you embrace it. 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 01:02 AM)El guapo Wrote: Shouldn't they be on the phone with the Cardinals talking about trading Dalton?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On a side note, did anyone else catch where Romo's broadcast partner called Dalton the "Red Rocket" instead of the "Red Rifle", and then corrected himself? Any fan of South Park would remember the episode where Cartman was jerking off the dog calling it "Red Rocket".... I think Dalton just got called a Dog Dick on National TV.....
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 07:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This was exactly the mentality that John Cooper had at OSU against Michigan.  And Michigan owned them...

Jim Tressel came in and immediately announced that his university would be proud in something like 327 days when they play Michigan.  He changed the approach, he raised the emphasis, and he owned Michigan for a lot of his career.

Yes, it is college, but you don't hide from the rivalry, you embrace it. 

Yes sir. Now look at Urbz. Dude is full tilt all the time. And he's been doing this a long time, made boat loads of money... I mean, he just does it because he really likes winning football games. Like you said, it is CFB, but still. That sort of relentless effort is contagious, and spreads down through the whole team. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
[Image: jhkj.JPG]
Reply/Quote
[Image: vfhv.JPG]
Reply/Quote
What losing sounds like from the movie Moneyball.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 10:24 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Haden hasn't done much against green since like 2014 man. Also, I don't really see what that has to do with this game in 2017? Both of the int were on Dalton. The first was a bad throw and the second was just a dumb throw. 
When did I ever say the line wasn't sorry sacks of sod? That doesn't change the fact that Dalton wasn't willing to make a play or give someone else a chance to make a play on 4th down. It also doesn't change the fact that he knelt that ball to end the game to give our offense an whole 19 yards in the second half. Ove been a Dalton supporter for most of his career but he just doesn't have what it takes to get it done. He is no longer making good decisions and he doesn't have the arm, athleticism, or accuracy to make up for non great play around him. 
In the playoffs since Dalton has been here our offense has averaged 11 points...No one on our team can feel confident following Dalton or Marvin into a big game. 

Lol Haden and Green hadn't played against each other since 2014 due to each being injured so much. Haden picked right up where he left off. 

In 8 games against Haden, here are Green's numbers:

31-380-2 on 67 targets
7 games held to 58 yards or less
No TD's since 2012
One of those TDs came on that fluke play by Gradkowski in Green's 1st game
8.5 yards per catch in their last 6 matchups.
Dalton has a 49.3 rating while targeting Green when he's matched up on Haden

Awful. Just awful.

And I'll never understand people blaming only Dalton when the whole team falls apart under Marvin.

Is Dalton supposed to be immune? Why? Palmer wasn't immune. Did you blame Palmer too?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 11:17 PM)Sweetness Wrote: I'm not saying it wasn't Marvins call. I know for sure that it was (Which shows what kind of person Marvin is). I just feel like, as a leader of the team, if he goes into the huddle and says "I don't care that they want is to kneel we aren't going to show that we quit and we're going to run the ball" it shows alot more to the team then tucking tail and bending over. Now that shouldn't be something Dalton has to do, but I feel like it's something he should do. 

What good is that going to do? Even if they score a TD on that play, there's no way they get a 2 point conversion, an onside kick recovery, AND another TD with a made XP (for a tie and OT) or another 2 point conversion (for the win, and good luck getting Marvin to go for that!) in the amount of time that was left when they took a knee.

I agree with you that if you're on the losing end of a game, you go full tilt 'til the clock reads all zeroes, but stop giving Dalton crap because he decided to give up after Marvin Lewis declared that he had given up.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 02:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lol Haden and Green hadn't played against each other since 2014 due to each being injured so much. Haden picked right up where he left off. 

In 8 games against Haden, here are Green's numbers:

31-380-2 on 67 targets
7 games held to 58 yards or less
No TD's since 2012
One of those TDs came on that fluke play by Gradkowski in Green's 1st game
8.5 yards per catch in their last 6 matchups.
Dalton has a 49.3 rating while targeting Green when he's matched up on Haden

Awful. Just awful.

And I'll never understand people blaming only Dalton when the whole team falls apart under Marvin.

Is Dalton supposed to be immune? Why? Palmer wasn't immune. Did you blame Palmer too?

Yes. Yes they did  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 02:22 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Yes. Yes they did  Mellow

It's true. I was one of the few that defended Palmer up until he quit. Dude was a top notch QB who had flaws (who doesn't besides maybe Brady or Rogers?) and he was getting a lot of crap levied against hiim that he didn't deserve.

And, I find myself, yet again, having to defend a pretty good QB (one who has outplayed that "top notch QB") from crap that he doesn't deserve (please note: this doesn't mean there aren't times Dalton doesn't deserve criticism - i.e. that throw on 4th down on Sunday). It wouldn't surprise me if Dalton doesn't try to find a way out of Cincinnati. I don't think he'll go the route that Palmer went, but I'm sure he'd probably ask for a trade request or something but continue to play until it happens.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 02:22 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Yes. Yes they did  Mellow

Sure did......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote