Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals joking in locker room after loss
Marvin Lewis is straight garbage!!!!
- Stephen A. Smith
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I can't get through all these comments but all I'll say is this, which echoes what Doc wrote today: I didn't see this.
Paul Z. was in the locker room and that was his takeaway.
Burfict was the only player he specifically named. I saw Burfict in there, but did not get a chance to speak to him - so I have no idea how that all went down with other media waiting for him to dress. Therefore I can't speak to the unnamed other teammates. They weren't linebackers, that I could see.
All I'll say to that is you've got 50+ guys in that locker room, and some who travel are PS guys and injured guys. They talk. They have conversations. Would it shock me that someone laughed or made a joke about whatever. Honestly, it's not worth wringing hands over.
Same goes for the sideline thing. I get that it riles people up because it's a "bad look" or whatever, but really guys - no one in that locker room is happy they lost, didn't try to win, tried to lose, didn't care, etc. etc.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 03:53 PM)jowczarski Wrote: I can't get through all these comments but all I'll say is this, which echoes what Doc wrote today: I didn't see this.
Burfict was the only player he specifically named. I saw Burfict in there, but did not get a chance to speak to him - so I have no idea how that all went down with other media waiting for him to dress. Therefore I can't speak to the unnamed other teammates. They weren't linebackers, that I could see.
All I'll say to that is you've got 50+ guys in that locker room, and some who travel are PS guys and injured guys. They talk. They have conversations. Would it shock me that someone laughed or made a joke about whatever. Honestly, it's not worth wringing hands over.
Same goes for the sideline thing. I get that it riles people up because it's a "bad look" or whatever, but really guys - no one in that locker room is happy they lost, didn't try to win, tried to lose, didn't care, etc. etc.

Jimmy O bringing da TROOF!!

What does that say about the organization, though, that so many REASONABLE fans believed this story to be tre?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 02:26 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It's true. I was one of the few that defended Palmer up until he quit. Dude was a top notch QB who had flaws (who doesn't besides maybe Brady or Rogers?) and he was getting a lot of crap levied against hiim that he didn't deserve.

And, I find myself, yet again, having to defend a pretty good QB (one who has outplayed that "top notch QB") from crap that he doesn't deserve (please note: this doesn't mean there aren't times Dalton doesn't deserve criticism - i.e. that throw on 4th down on Sunday). It wouldn't surprise me if Dalton doesn't try to find a way out of Cincinnati. I don't think he'll go the route that Palmer went, but I'm sure he'd probably ask for a trade request or something but continue to play until it happens.

Yes sir. I'm right there with ya. I was a Palmer defender until the bitter end, and after his trade demand as well (I don't necessarily agree with what he did, but I absolutely understand why he did it. He's probably the most notable, but he's far from the first player to want out of the Brown Family Circus)

Anyway, I won't be the least bit surprised if Dalton or green (or both) demand a trade out of here soon, especially if Marvin is brought back after this year. I won't blame them either.

How much longer are they under contract anyway? Isn't Dalton done after next season?
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 03:56 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Jimmy O bringing da TROOF!!

What does that say about the organization, though, that so many REASONABLE fans believed this story to be tre?

It says we are tired of being bent over the fender and pumped like a prom queen while Mediocre Marv claps his hand and tell us "well, we just need to play better". I don't live in Cincinnati, so I don't know how much garbage has been dumped on Lewis's lawn, but I can tell you it's not enough.....
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 04:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It says we are tired of being bent over the fender and pumped like a prom queen while Mediocre Marv claps his hand and tell us "well, we just need to play better". I don't live in Cincinnati, so I don't know how much garbage has been dumped on Lewis's lawn, but I can tell you it's not enough.....

So true  Hilarious Hilarious

Be careful, I received a week-long ban on the old boards for saying something similar to his after the San Diego playoff loss
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 03:53 PM)jowczarski Wrote: I can't get through all these comments but all I'll say is this, which echoes what Doc wrote today: I didn't see this.

I don't believe anyone here thinks they're happy about it. An certainly theres still going to be normal conversation. But it doesn't appear that they're too upset about it. Someone talked about Brady earlier. I hate the guy but I've watched enough Pats games to know if they're losing, he's pissed and either trying to fire the team up or make sure they know where theyre screwing up. And he's probably an extreme example, but man, it would be nice to see someone act like they're a little miffed they just got taken to the woodshed.. by the same team...for the millionth time...

And I certainly agree. This organization has never wrung its hands over a little losing.
Reply/Quote

What does it say about the people who get bent outta shape when they hear about things like this? I don't remember any specific examples, but I'm pretty sure that I laughed at some point after 8pm edt. on Sunday.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

I think "da troof" actually lies somewhere in the middle of the two observations. If Dalton and friends are laughing it up on the sidelines while getting their asses kicked... for all to see.... why would they all of a sudden turn somber in the privacy of their own locker room? Makes no sense. It's not like there is any team leadership among the players for anyone to be afraid of. Ever see shots of Brady, Rogers Ben, etc. on the sideline when they're losing? I don't remember ever seeing any of them having a good laugh about it.  (Then again, I don't remember any of them throwing the ball away on 4th down either.) 

Of course the Bengals wanted to win and didn't want to lose, but based on what I saw on the sideline toward the end of the game, along with the total lack of ANY kind of team leadership or accountability,  it wouldn't surprise me in the least that the locker room after the game was less than somber. Personally, I think the players were just relieved / glad that the game was over.

Well...except for Kirkpatrick. He knew what would be coming on Sportscenter.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 06:35 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Still lost how a new QB is going to block for us...I mean maybe McCarron playing, using his wife, might distract the defensive line...That might do it.
See... this season is over. Dalton can help a good team but he has no value in Cincinnati. Next year is going to be the same. Trading Dalton isn't about assigning blame. It is a move for the future. Trade him now and decide who will be the coach next year and choose a quarterback in the first round in 2018.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 02:22 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Yes. Yes they did  Mellow

Yeah a lot of people turned on Palmer towards the end. I was ready to move on, but I never pinned all of our problems on Palmer. Or Chad for that matter. It always seemed goofy to me that a lot of fans make scapegoats of our best players. 

Regardless of how you feel about Andy, I'd think everyone would admit he played a huge role in our string of regular season success. Same with Palmer and Chad. Like TO said in 2010, the problems start from the top.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 04:49 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: So true  Hilarious Hilarious

Be careful, I received a week-long ban on the old boards for saying something similar to his after the San Diego playoff loss

This ain't the old boards....fire away good sir.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 06:28 PM)El guapo Wrote: See... this season is over. Dalton can help a good team but he has no value in Cincinnati. Next year is going to be the same. Trading Dalton isn't about assigning blame. It is a move for the future. Trade him now and decide who will be the coach next year and choose a quarterback in the first round in 2018.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Except there are no QBs worth a first round pick in 2018.....otherwise...not a bad scenario. If I trade him....I roll with 5 until a viable QB is available.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 07:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah a lot of people turned on Palmer towards the end. I was ready to move on, but I never pinned all of our problems on Palmer. Or Chad for that matter. It always seemed goofy to me that a lot of fans make scapegoats of our best players. 

Regardless of how you feel about Andy, I'd think everyone would admit he played a huge role in our string of regular season success. Same with Palmer and Chad. Like TO said in 2010, the problems start from the top.

Yep....and everyone scrutinized their facial expressions during losses too.  

When are we gonna scrutinize Merv and Shit Turd?

Reply/Quote
This locker room thing is really digging under my thin skin. Who the fug do these guys think they are?

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 03:53 PM)jowczarski Wrote: All I'll say to that is you've got 50+ guys in that locker room, and some who travel are PS guys and injured guys. 

Didn't realize that.  On Sundays, for most other teams,  the PS guys have to watch games on TV, or maybe get tickets...and that's for home games.   The Bengals PS guys get to travel with the team and are in the locker room for away games? Very unusual.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 09:56 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This locker room thing is really digging under my thin skin. Who the fug do these guys think they are?

Me too. I have been a huge supporter of this team since day 1. Even in the 90's I was there rooting them on for their 1 or 2 wins a season. This is different. This team has the talent to go all the way, it's piss poor coaching, and a general lack of caring. I have tickets to go to the Indy game, and for the first time ever, am not looking forward to it. They are on the verge of losing me, not that they care, but I'm just about done with them.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 11:37 AM)R3stangs Wrote: Hell, Andy was laughing it up on the sideline late in the second half.

Just one more example of how the approach of the whole organization it seems. Losing doesn't bother anyone.

I saw that also.  I guess when you're getting paid to play pride doesn't factor in.  You would never catch me laughing when I was losing a game.  But then again I played sports because I loved the games.
Reply/Quote
I guess the thing that bothers me the most about seeing them yuck it up on the sideline when they are losing is it tells us that they didn't expect to win anyway.....
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 05:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I guess the thing that bothers me the most about seeing them yuck it up on the sideline when they are losing is it tells us that they didn't expect to win anyway.....

Assuming they really were laughing it up on the sideline and things not just being mis-observed, it reminds me a lot of the 90s Bengals teams and I think it shows that Marvin has lost this team. Fire him, promote someone who'll at least yell at the players for crap, then try to get as good a draft pick as possible.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote