Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals joking in locker room after loss
(10-24-2017, 09:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: Except there are no QBs worth a first round pick in 2018.....otherwise...not a bad scenario. If I trade him....I roll with 5 until a viable QB is available.

Wait did something happen to Baker Mayfield and Lamar Jackson?!?!
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 07:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This was exactly the mentality that John Cooper had at OSU against Michigan.  And Michigan owned them...

Jim Tressel came in and immediately announced that his university would be proud in something like 327 days when they play Michigan.  He changed the approach, he raised the emphasis, and he owned Michigan for a lot of his career.

Yes, it is college, but you don't hide from the rivalry, you embrace it. 
I had thought of that similarity too. Time to bring in a whole new franchise.
Reply/Quote
If I was hired from the outside as the new head coach, I would release every single one of these players that were laughin and jokin around, assuming it was true. Then start rebuilding on those positions first and foremost with players that want to have a winning attitude.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 10:28 PM)Millhouse Wrote: If I was hired from the outside as the new head coach, I would release every single one of these players that were laughin and jokin around, assuming it was true. Then start rebuilding on those positions first and foremost with players that want to have a winning attitude.

This team needs to hit the reset button in a bad way !
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 11:03 PM)Riverfrontbrew Wrote: And he throws the ball away on 4th downs, in the 4th quarter, when you need 2 TDS to stay in the game.

Totally... they should trade this guy. Hopefully they could do as well as Philly did when they dumped Bradford.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
@PhilHos - What does that say about the organization, though, that so many REASONABLE fans believed this story to be tre?

Heh. I can’t speak for them!

@Pat5775 – Dalton is up after 2020. So, it’ll be a while. And he would never ask for a trade.

@R3Stangs
- But it doesn't appear that they're too upset about it.

That’s not really the case. I think Dan Hoard and Dave Lapham, team employees, said it best today on the radio. This reporter singled out Burfict, the only player by name, and “others.” Remember last year the “I hate Pittsburgh” headline Burfict created? That was literally the only words he said to the media that entire week, to a Pittsburgh reporter, as he walked to the training room. He refused to speak to anyone this week, and he refused to speak to anyone post game. But if this Pittsburgh writer said he saw this, chances are Burfict saw him. So you can draw your own conclusions as to how that all went down. Trust me – I was in there, for the entire period we’re allowed. It was not a jovial, happy place.

@BMK et al. – sideline demeanor

Again, I can’t speak to that (we don’t see the broadcast). What I will say is that, clearly, it’s bad optics.
I will also say this, which kind of goes back to the post-loss “mood” or whatever you want to call it. Every person is different. Let’s be real: let’s say they’re laughing on the sidelines and it’s captured on TV. Then they win the game. Then it’s, hey, wow, look how loose they were – they weren’t tight at all and that’s why they won.

A guy in the media room said it best: The winner controls the narrative. Pittsburgh says what they want, when they want, about who they want, because that’s what the hammer gets to do to the nail. Every time.

So, until the Bengals get over the Steelers things with this group, it is what it is. All I can do is help answer some of these other questions or offer some insight.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
If you were getting paid millions regardless of whether you win or lose and know that you will still get huge offers from other teams despite losing wouldn't you be laughing as well? 
As fans we want to believe that 'our players' care about our team, but the truth is the ONLY THING they really care about is how much money they can make. 
Every one of them with no exceptions can become free agents and go to other teams and do the exact same thing in any town. It's not as if they're all recuited from the local high schools and colleges and have any skin in the game for the greater Cincinnati area and very few even establish any real residence in the area.. Once you realize that they do not represent your home town the quicker you stop caring what they do on or off the field. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 04:20 AM)grampahol Wrote: ...Once you realize that they do not represent your home town the quicker you stop caring what they do on or off the field. 

This is true of every level above high school, so...
WHY do you even bother watching the NFL (and NCAA, I assume) ?
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 05:54 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Wait did something happen to Baker Mayfield and Lamar Jackson?!?!

LOL.....yeah, they're just not very good.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 03:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: LOL.....yeah, they're just not very good.

Oh no. 
I'm sorry. 
who hurt you?

Stats aren't everything but....

[Image: DNFU2O5V4AAHoZx.jpg]

Lamar needs work on his deep passing but Louisville is trash outside of him. 
Baker is a stud. His ability to pinpoint on the move is phenomenal. 
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 03:05 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Oh no. 
I'm sorry. 
who hurt you?

Maybe I should rephrase....they're not "ready".  

Thank you.
Alabama when they took out my starter game 1! Rant Pissed

LMAO

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 03:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: Maybe I should rephrase....they're not "ready".  

Thank you.
Alabama when they took out my starter game 1! Rant Pissed

LMAO

So now you gotta hate on actually good QBs? lol
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 03:12 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: So now you gotta hate on actually good QBs? lol

Last part was a joke....Noles weren't going anywhere anyway....but we wouldn't be at 2-4 with Francios.

Lamar needs some polish on his pass game, IMO.  He'll get killed at this level if he runs that much.

Baker is good, has some character concerns, and now has a shoulder injury doesn't he?  IDK, something about him doesn't sit right with me....plus Big 12 or whatever the hell it's called now, doesn't really impress me much.

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 03:20 PM)Wyche Wrote: Last part was a joke....Noles weren't going anywhere anyway....but we wouldn't be at 2-4 with Francios.

Lamar needs some polish on his pass game, IMO.  He'll get killed at this level if he runs that much.

Baker is good, has some character concerns, and now has a shoulder injury doesn't he?  IDK, something about him doesn't sit right with me....plus Big 12 or whatever the hell it's called now, doesn't really impress me much.

Lamar won't run as much when he's on a team that isn't Louisville. He almost always looks to throw first on non- designed run plays. Dropped passes, bad OL...Lamar is also incredibly good at avoiding hits. 

This is Mike Vick level stuff. Rare ability. 

Was hurt vs Texas. Played the next game.
He plays like Romo (who is criminally underrated because Dallas was actually bad most of the time while he was there). 
He scorched Ohio State...so there's that and that isn't big 12. 

They both can play from within a structure and out of it. That's what makes them special talents, to me. If Baker were 3 inches taller he'd be called a top 5 pick by now. 
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 03:32 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Lamar won't run as much when he's on a team that isn't Louisville. He almost always looks to throw first on non- designed run plays. Dropped passes, bad OL...Lamar is also incredibly good at avoiding hits. 

This is Mike Vick level stuff. Rare ability. 

Was hurt vs Texas. Played the next game.
He plays like Romo (who is criminally underrated because Dallas was actually bad most of the time while he was there). 
He scorched Ohio State...so there's that and that isn't big 12. 

They both can play from within a structure and out of it. That's what makes them special talents, to me. If Baker were 3 inches taller he'd be called a top 5 pick by now. 

I like Lamar, and the Cards.....but I just don't see him NFL ready yet, JMO.  Even Mike Vick started to deteriorate after a few seasons, Cam.  If he takes a cue from his predecessor, he may be ok.  Teddy ran as a last ditch effort, and was successful at it when he needed to be.  Bridgewater always struck me as a guy that made very smart decisions with the ball, and was just as cerebral as he was talented.  I don't get that feeling from Jackson, not yet.  I think a senior season would do him well, but that's just me, and I'm not looking at the prospects of all that cash!

I'm not that impressed with OSU either, fwiw.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 10:28 PM)Millhouse Wrote: If I was hired from the outside as the new head coach, I would release every single one of these players that were laughin and jokin around, assuming it was true. Then start rebuilding on those positions first and foremost with players that want to have a winning attitude.

How could a guy with a Spaceballs avatar be so joyless?!
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 03:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How could a guy with a Spaceballs avatar be so joyless?!

Maybe the thought that was Darth Vader and not Dark Helmet?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 03:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How could a guy with a Spaceballs avatar be so joyless?!

Maybe he's waiting for then to become now......and is impatient. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 04:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: Maybe he's waiting for then to become now......and is impatient. Mellow

He just needs to make the jump ... to LUDICROUS SPEED!  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 03:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: I like Lamar, and the Cards.....but I just don't see him NFL ready yet, JMO.  Even Mike Vick started to deteriorate after a few seasons, Cam.  If he takes a cue from his predecessor, he may be ok.  Teddy ran as a last ditch effort, and was successful at it when he needed to be.  Bridgewater always struck me as a guy that made very smart decisions with the ball, and was just as cerebral as he was talented.  I don't get that feeling from Jackson, not yet.  I think a senior season would do him well, but that's just me, and I'm not looking at the prospects of all that cash!

I'm not that impressed with OSU either, fwiw.

Vick and Cam both take a lot of hits. 
Lamar's deep ball is the biggest issue in his passing game. 
I think he'd be best to get away from Petrino in a hurry. 

You can not be impressed all you want, but if you look at what Mayfield does on that team it is so impressive. 
I'd take Baker over Darnold (LOL) or Eli Rosen any day of the week. 
Reply/Quote