8.33%
5 8.33%
Biden gets juiced before
8.33%
5 8.33%
Both candidates are asked the same questions fairly
6.67%
4 6.67%
Biden collapses on stage in order to put the change of the Democratic candidate in motion
1.67%
1 1.67%
Trump get's angry and makes an ass out of himself
13.33%
8 13.33%
Joe mentions Beau to garnish sympthy
8.33%
5 8.33%
Trump attacks and prevents Biden from answering questions making him look like an idiot
10.00%
6 10.00%
Biden refers to Trump as a felon
11.67%
7 11.67%
Trump gets hic Mic cut off while speaking in turn
3.33%
2 3.33%
Both will shake hands before/after the debate
1.67%
1 1.67%
Trump gets his stuff together and reveals plans to solve national issues without attacks on Biden
1.67%
1 1.67%
Protestors interrupt debate
1.67%
1 1.67%
Trumps breathes desperately through his nose
3.33%
2 3.33%
Trump cries last election stolen
10.00%
6 10.00%
Total 60 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Biden vs. Trump debate
(06-26-2024, 08:28 PM)hollodero Wrote: Me neither, you mentioned quite some good topics for Trump to exploit. It's just, the republican side picked the one guy who just can not do that, who is just too bombastic and egomanical and, frankly, also too stupid to ever have this kind of discipline.

Opposite him is Biden, who will probably be more competent than widely assumed (because he sure has dubious lapses, but he is not "totally gone"). He also will appear as the more measured one. He has these W's already pretty much woben into it. Expectations might be higher, but in the end it still boils down to being the better choice of two available ones. Most non-committed people vote holding their nose anyways, probably in most cases rather to avoid someone than to support someone. Imho Biden just has to beat Trump, not expectations beyond that.

You underestimate the Republicans base for Trump. He has that 37% that would run through a wall. They vote for him proudly, no holding oof noses. Maybe you are thinking of the liberal side, they do not seem enthusiastic for a Biden second term.

We will see if the Trump you described shows up for 5 minutes, 30 minutes or more or rarely. You think Trump is stupid. I predict tomorrow you see the Trump swagger liberal media you watch will not cover. 
I say we see the guy that gets Joe to jump off the deep end and go angry hyped-up Joe with no audience. Trump knows the Biden triggers also, Trump can begin one simple question.........Joe, why did you and 51 so called security experts lied about your crackhead son's laptop was corrupted by Russian spies?

I think he should off camera and off the mike greet him, shake his hand and ask Joe that question

In my opinion Trump lost one debate to Biden, it was he maliciously attacked him. If Biden thinks attacking Trump wins the debate, my hunch he is done after the debate
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2024, 09:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You underestimate the Republicans base for Trump. He has that 37% that would run through a wall.

Sure, and you have a comparably high number that would run through a wall just to avoid him. But the debates are not made for those people. If any, it's for the yet undecided crowd that will hold their noses no matter what, or else they would not be undecided.

I mean, maybe there are guys that just think both options are so great that they are forced to choose between a pot of gold and a Lamborghini and just can't decide what makes them happier, but I doubt many see it that way.

(06-26-2024, 09:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We will see if the Trump you described shows up for 5 minutes, 30 minutes or more or rarely. You think Trump is stupid. I predict tomorrow you see the Trump swagger liberal media you watch will not cover.

Plese don't make these kind of assumption of what I watch. I'm not in any partisan media outlet's camp, it's you who proudly is.

And yeah I think Trump is stupid, intellectually speaking. He has some media smarts for sure, but he also is clumsy, unsettling and immune to advice for he thinks he's a genius. And policy-wise, if you listen to him more closely while talking actual policies you notice he usually has no idea about anything aside from a couple catchwords. That is another major issue with him that probably spoils this more constructive approach.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2024, 09:24 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I would suggest he has a major medical issue that is obvious to all already, but one side choses to ignore it...

Well, I would assume for many, certainly including me, there is no real indication that Trump's mental state is any better than Biden's. This whole recent boat battery vs shark story is merely one example of many. If Biden had made these remarks, FOX would play it all day long as proof how gone he is.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2024, 10:26 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, I would assume for many, certainly including me, there is no real indication that Trump's mental state is any better than Biden's. This whole recent boat battery vs shark story is merely one example of many. If Biden had made these remarks, FOX would play it all day long as proof how gone he is.

OK Joe is really a genius. He has just been acting the part of the village idiot the past 18 months. You cite one item (never heard it, but guess you did), there is rarely remarks from Joe with a teleprompter he has not screwed up. We are not talking 45 minutes to 1.5-hour speeches, he literally makes up words while looking lost at a teleprompter. The guy reads his cues, exit stage right. Applause....... and so, on

It is not pretty, but those on the media left prop him up, not because he will be a great POTUS, but because they want power. His donors want to donate 1 million dollars and then get a green new deal contract and they are a billionaire.

Axios omits crucial details about economists who say Trump will destroy the economy | Fox News

Axios omits crucial details about economists who say Trump will destroy the economy

One of the economists is married to a top Biden official and donated $25K to Biden Victory Fund

He has a problem; his lies have caught up with him. Snopes finally told the truth after 8 years. Biden said he ran because of Trump's racist remarks discussing Charlotteville. Well, it was always a lie and just one of many Biden has been caught in. He is going to have a tough time defending the lie and 51 people his campaign worked with to create a false narrative with Hunter's laptop. The cat is out of the bag. Will he bring a letter tomorrow saying 16 economy experts say rump's economy will be a disaster. I hope so as most of them have direct ties to him as donors, his cabinet members and are not true economists. They are same ones who said the Trump economy would be a disaster if elected in 2016. They are just partisan hacks with an agenda to get Biden elected, just like the 51 who should be indicted for election interference. They broke the law and I keep hearing no one is above the law.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2024, 10:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: OK Joe is really a genius. He has just been acting the part of the village idiot the past 18 months. You cite one item (never heard it, but guess you did)

You want me to cite a hundred items? Because they are definitely there, and way more than that number. He adds one every other minute. He forgets where he is, mistakes names, forgets even his doctor's name while bragging how sharp he is, he rambles incoherently, often invents things and makes no sense at all, and so on and so on. As for the shark story, kindly look at post #45 by Arturo on page three; and I recommend you actually do and take it in. It's good for you to acknowledge whose mental acuity you praise in comparison. Then kindly consider your reaction if Biden had said that stuff.

As for Joe being a genius playing dumb, that really is just your fan fiction. I never wrote or implied anything of that kind. Quite the contrary, the fact that he is more oor less on par with Trump mentally-wise is devastating enough.

I really will not address the rest of your post, because you're just a tad too fanatical and eager for my taste to take it too seriously. You really hate Biden and the democrats with a passion and beyond reason. Eg. when completely abandoning the first amendment by stating how writing an opinion in a letter is breaking the law and deserves indictments.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2024, 07:53 AM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I heard there is a section of DJT voters who are kind of pulling for Joe Biden to somehow be even with DJT in the debate.

Reasoning being that if Joe flops, flounders, and forgets where he is at, or is hammered with the hard questions and is decimated, the Democrats are more than likely to pull the plug on him (as the nominee, not euthanasia), and replace him with a more viable ticket.

U can see that line of thinking and may be why doing it on CNN, with biased moderators, may not be too bad a thing.

Link to moderators history regarding DJT,

[url=https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/cnn-presidential-debate-moderators-have-long-history-of-blasting-trump-including-with-hitler-comparison/ar-BB1oO1dh[/url]

Trump supporters with that pre-debate spin trying in advance to explain his loss to Biden. It’s the moderators fault. It was rigged for him to lose because they were mean to him.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2024, 12:36 AM)pally Wrote: Trump supporters with that pre-debate spin trying in advance to explain his loss to Biden.  It’s the moderators fault.  It was rigged for him to lose because they were mean to him.

Sadly they did it in the past, so it's expected they will again.
Reply/Quote
Trump needs to win regardless, but for us keeping score, let's see the questions they give Biden:

1. Why did you lie about Hunter's laptop at Oct. 2020 debate? Why did you lie denying Hunter, and no member of your family was paid a dime from China?

2. How do feel about Snopes (and Jake Tapper) saying you misrepresented (lied) Trump's Charlotteville comments?

Trump

1. Did you take responsibility for the Jan. 6th insurrection (it wasn't one, but how will they frame it)?

2. Do you feel a convicted felon should be permitted to be elected POTUS?

Just a couple for each, will they ask these questions, but as important how Jake and Dana will frame the questions?

Will CNN use on screen graphics against either candidate to make them look good or bad?

Will the moderators debate answers, or will they both Biden and Trump to speak uninterrupted during their allotted time to speak?

Fair or not fair, Trump needs to look, sound and be Presidential discussing his policies in the past and those he plans on in the future. Biden needs to also validate his record (policies) to win the debate. Neither wins if becomes personal attack after personal attack.

Reply/Quote
There is no evidence that CHINA paid anyone anything including Hunter Biden. Hunter did business, which isn’t illegal by the way, with Chinese businesses and citizens.

And frankly, the question about Snopes is irrelevant

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2024, 09:08 PM)hollodero Wrote: I would assume it's rather Trump that will get talked about after the debate anyways.

That's a given. Regardless of the outcome.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2024, 02:54 AM)pally Wrote: There is no evidence that CHINA paid anyone anything including Hunter Biden.  Hunter did business, which isn’t illegal by the way, with Chinese businesses and citizens.

And frankly, the question about Snopes is irrelevant

Yes, the far left radicals want questions bringing out Biden lied during the last debate scrubbed.

But they are valid questions Joe need to be held accountable to in this debate and the entire election cycle. Joe lied and said no member of his family received any money from China. He did not say yes Hunter did business with China (legal). The big lie begs the question, if the China business deal was legit, why lie and say Hunter was not in business with China?

Hunter received almost $700,000 minimum from China. Hunter admitted it in court and the IRS and Comer committee has the bank records.

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2024, 09:30 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes, the far left radicals want questions bringing out Biden lied during the last debate scrubbed.

But they are valid questions Joe need to be held accountable to in this debate and the entire election cycle. Joe lied and said no member of his family received any money from China. He did not say yes Hunter did business with China (legal). The big lie begs the question, if the China business deal was legit, why lie and say Hunter was not in business with China?

Hunter received almost $700,000 minimum from China. Hunter admitted it in court and the IRS and Comer committee has the bank records.

bcause doing business with a Chinese businessman is not doing business with China

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2024, 12:36 AM)pally Wrote: Trump supporters with that pre-debate spin trying in advance to explain his loss to Biden.  It’s the moderators fault.  It was rigged for him to lose because they were mean to him.

Trump himself already insinuated with some bizarre reasoning that he might be better off just losing the debate 'on purpose'.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2024, 10:59 AM)hollodero Wrote: Trmp himself already insinuated with some bizarre reasoning that he might be better off just losing the debate 'on purpose'.

Bizarre, yes. But losing a debate early when there is yet another debate to follow could cause the left to get comfortable before you come in for the kill. It would be a horrible strategy IMO, but, who knows?
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2024, 12:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Bizarre, yes. But losing a debate early when there is yet another debate to follow could cause the left to get comfortable before you come in for the kill. It would be a horrible strategy IMO, but, who knows?

Sure, I don't know. What I would assume though is that Trump just wanted an out in case he loses, claiming that was his intention all along. Much like a child might do when losing a game or missing a shot in sports, saying ah don't laugh at me, I missed on purpose. At least these are the vibes this gives me.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2024, 12:36 PM)hollodero Wrote: Sure, I don't know. What I would assume though is that Trump just wanted an out in case he loses, claiming that was his intention all along. Much like a child might do when losing a game or missing a shot in sports, saying ah don't laugh at me, I missed on purpose. At least these are the vibes this gives me.

I'm going to sound admittedly contradictory here.  I think it benefits Trump long term if Biden does reasonably well tonight.  If Biden crashes and burns then the Dems could scramble for an alternative.  If he doesn't he'll remain the nominee and Trump's best chance to win this November is against Biden.

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2024, 12:41 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm going to sound admittedly contradictory here.  I think it benefits Trump long term if Biden does reasonably well tonight.  If Biden crashes and burns then the Dems could scramble for an alternative.  If he doesn't he'll remain the nominee and Trump's best chance to win this November is against Biden.

By far. Plus, I think tonight will be nothing but a 3 on 1 attack. I will be watching tonight, but I forecast it to be equal to a Super Bowl between the two worst teams in football. 
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2024, 12:41 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm going to sound admittedly contradictory here.  I think it benefits Trump long term if Biden does reasonably well tonight.  If Biden crashes and burns then the Dems could scramble for an alternative.  If he doesn't he'll remain the nominee and Trump's best chance to win this November is against Biden.

Imho for the Democrats to replace him last minute Biden would have to completely break down, up to a level of not understanding the questions and babbling incoherently like a mental patient. Biden crashing and burning to that extent probably is outside of Trump's hands anyway. Also I don't think Biden is that far gone that it comes to a scenario like that.

And I have a hard time imagining a last minute replacement would fare so much better. This person would face extreme scrutiny over what exactly legitimizes him/her to be the nominee in the first place; such a move probably would tear the party apart and antagonize a lot of voters that still opted for Biden in the primaries.
Reply/Quote
Now that the Trump is back on the national stage a hero comes along! Biden’s been winning truth telling contests for years now, I tells ya.

https://x.com/ddale8/status/1806115617956626680?s=46&t=0fdWHkAtFeOeT5pnvxEBSA
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2024, 12:47 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: By far. Plus, I think tonight will be nothing but a 3 on 1 attack. I will be watching tonight, but I forecast it to be equal to a Super Bowl between the two worst teams in football. 

I don't see Trump being treated fairly either, but if it's overt I think that ultimately helps him.

(06-27-2024, 12:51 PM)hollodero Wrote: Imho for the Democrats to replace him last minute Biden would have to completely break down, up to a level of not understanding the questions and babbling incoherently like a mental patient. Biden crashing and burning to that extent probably is outside of Trump's hands anyway. Also I don't think Biden is that far gone that it comes to a scenario like that.

And I have a hard time imagining a last minute replacement would fare so much better. This person would face extreme scrutiny over what exactly legitimizes him/her to be the nominee in the first place; such a move probably would tear the party apart and antagonize a lot of voters that still opted for Biden in the primaries.

I think he's not far from that point.  My father has dementia, he's much sharper than Biden but he'll forget something literally ten seconds after you tell him.  I don't disagree that replacing him would be a major move and invite tons of scrutiny.  I don't think it's even remotely out of the realm of possibility though.

Reply/Quote