Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Burfict Again
I wanted to a separate thread to make sure everyone sees it. My son discovered this.

I truly believe Burfict is good for the Bengals D, but this is the kind of stuff that's going to bring him down and the whole team will end up suffering.

If you watch closely, Blount is on the ground and Burfict starts stepping on his legs, Blount gets up and pushes Burfict into Brady.

Also watch Brady before Blount gets up and when Burfict starts his junk, Brady starts pointing and looking at the refs.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/788157960010825728/video/1
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 09:45 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I wanted to a separate thread to make sure everyone sees it. My son discovered this.

I truly believe Burfict is good for the Bengals D, but this is the kind of stuff that's going to bring him down and the whole team will end up suffering.

If you watch closely, Blount is on the ground and Burfict starts stepping on his legs, Blount gets up and pushes Burfict into Brady.

Also watch Brady before Blount gets up and when Burfict starts his junk, Brady starts pointing and looking at the refs.

I'm sure the Burfict Brigade will continue to insist Burfict wasn't instigating stuff out there.  

I said it before, I'll say It again.  Burfict just can't be trusted not to lose it in these big games.  It was the same thing at Arizona State.  He needs to go.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 09:45 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I wanted to a separate thread to make sure everyone sees it. My son discovered this.

Well, there's no denying that. It looks like he's putting out a campfire, and I can't imagine any scenario where you do that on a football field
Reply/Quote
He said he was done with this. If the fines and his suspension wasn't enough, he probably does need to go.

No discipline whatsoever!!
Reply/Quote
I said this in the other thread. I am not defending his actions, but do not think this was without warrant. This was just a few plays after Blount tried gauging the eyes out of one of our players and the refs PICKED up the flag. So I am sure that had to do with his reaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 10:07 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I said this in the other thread. I am not defending his actions, but do not think this was without warrant. This was just a few plays after Blount tried gauging the eyes out of one of our players and the refs PICKED up the flag. So I am sure that had to do with his reaction.

Things got chippy after Burfict went low on Bennett, then snowballed from there.  This latest video is just Burfict throwing gas on the fire.
Reply/Quote
Nah, Blount threw gas on the fire, and Burfict was just stomping it out with his foot.....on Blount...

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 10:05 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: He said he was done with this.  If the fines and his suspension wasn't enough, he probably does need to go.

No discipline whatsoever!!

The coaches need to resolve this ASAP. Although I think Burfict is retaliating for dirty tricks against his teammates...IMO
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 10:15 PM)Derrick Wrote: The coaches need to resolve this ASAP. Although I think Burfict is retaliating for dirty tricks against his teammates...IMO

Marvin has no control over these players.  Chad, Henry, Thurman, Jones, etc haven't taught you that?  Although with Burfict, he's done this crap in college, too.  He may just be a lost cause.

Notice when Gronk got his flag, Bellichek jerked him out of the game and ripped his xss?  Marvin watched Burfict pull the pin with his shot on Bennett, then left him to totally hand grenade himself with this.  Suspended for sure, now.
Reply/Quote
Looks pretty damning.....but there was an official literally right there.  Why no flag?  

Marvin should have pulled him aside when Gronk was pulled.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 10:21 PM)Whatever Wrote: Marvin has no control over these players.  Chad, Henry, Thurman, Jones, etc haven't taught you that?  Although with Burfict, he's done this crap in college, too.  He may just be a lost cause.

Notice when Gronk got his flag, Bellichek jerked him out of the game and ripped his xss?  Marvin watched Burfict pull the pin with his shot on Bennett, then left him to totally hand grenade himself with this.  Suspended for sure, now.

I would not say he ripped his *ss. Basically said calm down and that was it.

Reply/Quote
I like my boy Phat Sims coming to Burfict's defense. As to Burfict; it's starting to get old.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Look, when we picked him up as I rookie this was the shit I worried about. Then he put it to rest with some stellar defensive play. But now it's just like his college days. At what point does the good play stop making up for the shenanigans?
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 10:07 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I said this in the other thread. I am not defending his actions, but do not think this was without warrant. This was just a few plays after Blount tried gauging the eyes out of one of our players and the refs PICKED up the flag. So I am sure that had to do with his reaction.

Whit and Adam Jones both said that ankle twisting and gouging goes on a lot 'in the pile' where no one can see.

You gotta be smart with this stuff.  If things were done and it's felt retaliation is necessary, you have to pick your spots and do incognito. Not out there for all to see!
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 10:28 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I would not say he ripped his *ss. Basically said calm down and that was it.

Whatever he said, it worked.  And pulling a guy out of the game is a good way to get their attention.
Reply/Quote

I missed the issue with Blount and the picked up flag.  How did you see this?  Did the announcers mention it?  

I had the VCR synced with Hoard and Lap.
Reply/Quote
Yes it was a few plays before. I think it was Sims, but can not remember. The commentators made a comment that they picked up the flag because you can not get a face mask penalty for going under the mask and grabbing the face. It was a very snarky comment, but they even said a personal foul should have been called.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 10:37 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I missed the issue with Blount and the picked up flag.  How did you see this?  Did the announcers mention it?  

I had the VCR synced with Hoard and Lap.

He put his hand inside a player's facemask....DreK I think....and it was initially a personal foul facemask.  Then....they picked up the flag and said his hand wasn't on the facemask.....even though that was the obvious intention.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Man, it has never been more obvious than right now that Burfict has lost all benefit of the doubt.  Its like its a witch hunt out for this guy.  Anything that is remotely close to "suspect" he's automatically accused of wrongdoing.  

There is no evidence whatsoever from that shot that he was stepping on his legs.  Go back and watch the game tape.  After Blount scores the TD, Shawn Williams is trying to rip the ball out of his hands.  Blount is pushing Shawn in his facemask.  Burfict sees this and is "stepping on his legs" or "stepping over people" to get to Blount.  I guess it depends on what you want to see.  After he stands up, Burfict is right on his back so he pushes him down on the ground.

Like I said, he has dissolved all benefit of the doubt so he's going to have to live with it but this is LaGarrette Blount we're talking about here, who has a history himself.
Reply/Quote