Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Done with Daltin
(11-26-2018, 10:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'm sorry but the point went over your head.

We all agree that Brees is one of the greatest QBs of all time, but when you look at his career he has down seasons when he does not have as much talent around him.

The claim that great QBs don't need talent around them is BS.  In 2013 Dalton had a higher passer rating than a healthy Tom Brady.

Yes. Let’s start comparing Brees n Brady to Dalton. Lol makes sense
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 11:34 PM)kalibengal Wrote: its called Moxie and our last QB to have that was Boomer. This is the reason I liked Mayfield over the other 4 QBS in this yrs draft. He has that quality.  

Johnny Manziel had a lot of that there Moxie too.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 09:33 AM)Wyche Wrote: Johnny Manziel had a lot of that there Moxie too.....

Why do people always bring up manziel, he was more worried about partying. Plus i think he hated being a brown.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 09:42 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Why do people always bring up manziel, he was more worried about partying. Plus i think he hated being a brown.

And Mayfield doesn’t suck. It’s a bad comparison.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 09:42 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Why do people always bring up manziel, he was more worried about partying. Plus i think he hated being a brown.

Moxie....Leaf had it, Manziel, JaMarcus, McCarron, lots of other bums. What's between the ears, and talent is what makes a NFL QB more than anything....not being a douche.

(11-27-2018, 09:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And Mayfield doesn’t suck. It’s a bad comparison.

Except....it wasn't a comparison. :andy:

You noticed Boomer was in that post too, right?

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 11:34 PM)kalibengal Wrote: its called Moxie and our last QB to have that was Boomer. This is the reason I liked Mayfield over the other 4 QBS in this yrs draft. He has that quality.  

After CP defied him, I am sure Mikey is very happy with the average joe Andy who not only does not make waves but he takes flack from the fans that Mikey should be getting. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 11:52 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: After CP defied him, I am sure Mikey is very happy with the average joe Andy who not only does not make waves but he takes flack from the fans that Mikey should be getting. 

Amen......

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 02:05 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Yes.  Let’s start comparing Brees n Brady to Dalton.  Lol makes sense

I am not comparing Dalton to Brady and Brees.

I am using Brady and Brees to prove a point about "all QBs".  The best way to prove a point about an entire class is to show that it applies to even the best in the class.

Simply a logical argument, not a comparison.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 02:05 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Yes.  Let’s start comparing Brees n Brady to Dalton.  Lol makes sense

I guess I can't say Dalton is not in Brees and Brady's level because, you know, we can't compare them. Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 05:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not comparing Dalton to Brady and Brees.

I am using Brady and Brees to prove a point about "all QBs".  The best way to prove a point about an entire class is to show that it applies to even the best in the class.

Simply a logical argument, not a comparison.

No you mentioned Brady and Brees to try to illustrate the "best QBs" have down seasons. AKA: Comparing Dalton to Brady and Brees.  If you disagree with this then why use those 2? 

Not all QBs have good seasons in which they can have a "down season". What do you consider Andy's outlier of a down season?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 06:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No you mentioned Brady and Brees to try to illustrate the "best QBs" have down seasons. AKA: Comparing Dalton to Brady and Brees.  If you disagree with this then why use those 2? 

Wrong

I use the best 2 to prove that it applies to all.  here is the original post

(11-26-2018, 06:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In '08 Roethlisberger had 17 tds, 15 ints, and a passer rating of 80.1

In '13 Dalton had a higher passer rating (88.8) than Tom Brady (87.3)

EVERY quarterback struggles when he does not have as much talent around him.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 11:52 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: After CP defied him, I am sure Mikey is very happy with the average joe Andy who not only does not make waves but he takes flack from the fans that Mikey should be getting. 

Truth
Reply/Quote

Dalton....88.8 career rating.... .575 winning percentage
Palmer....87.9 career rating.... .511 winning percentage
Reply/Quote

(11-28-2018, 06:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No you mentioned Brady and Brees to try to illustrate the "best QBs" have down seasons. AKA: Comparing Dalton to Brady and Brees.  If you disagree with this then why use those 2? 

Of course you compare Dalton to Brees and Brady. You always match your guy against the best players with similar skill sets and see how he measures up.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And inconsistency is not something a 8 year veteran QB should suffer so badly with.

The number one thing that Dalton is lacking is LEADERSHIP.He has none.He is just a guy that plays the position.Baker Mayfield has leadership and players need that big time from the QB.He will NEVER have that as it is not in his DNA.Players will play hard for their leader,I believe Jeff Driskel has the it factor and we shall see Sunday.He should have been the QB from the start.He plays the position with authority.Andy D. is just a nice guy that is very smart and knows how to play the position,but cannot lead at all and the great qbs our leaders.Just a fact.Your qb MUST be a leader. ThumbsUp :andy:
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 06:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wrong

I use the best 2 to prove that it applies to all.  here is the original post

Meh, I guess you can believe your motive was to not compare Andy to Brady and Brees.

You forgot to post Andy's "down year". I assume you had no problem finding Brees and Brady's in 16+ year careers. Which is Andy's "down year" in 8-9?

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 07:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You forgot to post Andy's "down year". I assume you had no problem finding Brees and Brady's in 16+ year careers. Which is Andy's "down year" in 8-9?

I think Daltons numbers suffered in 2014 when Green missed 5 games, Marvin Jones missed the entire season, Eifert missed 15 games, Zeitler missed 4 games, and Andre Smith missed 8.  There was a point were we signed Greg Little off the street to start as our #2 WR.

Then last year and this year he has struggled because the O-line lost Whitworth and Zeitler.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 07:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Meh, I guess you can believe your motive was to not compare Andy to Brady and Brees.

And you have to also because I just proved it.

The only comparison was that they are all part of the group "every QB".
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 07:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think Daltons numbers suffered in 2014 when Green missed 5 games, Marvin Jones missed the entire season, Eifert missed 15 games, Zeitler missed 4 games, and Andre Smith missed 8.  There was a point were we signed Greg Little off the street to start as our #2 WR.

Then last year and this year he has struggled because the O-line lost Whitworth and Zeitler.

How about this year where he currently 24th in passer rating? Is that another one of the off seasons?

So he's had about 3-4 off seasons in an 8 year career and the rest of them he's around 15th.

Yep, just like Brees and Brady. 

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 07:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then last year and this year he has struggled because the O-line lost Whitworth and Zeitler.

(11-28-2018, 07:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How about this year where he currently 24th in passer rating? Is that another one of the off seasons?

See my answer.
Reply/Quote