Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Eric Bieniemy set to interview with Bengals Friday
Just tweeted by Ian Rapoport.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1080465058545782785
Not only is Bieniemy a hot candidate due to his success as Chiefs OC but he also was a RB with the Bengals 95-98. Hopefully this means Mike Brown has some familiarity with him lol.

EDIT - Link added.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 11:23 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Just tweeted by Ian Rappoport.
Not only is Bieniemy a hot candidate due to his success as Chiefs OC but he also was a RB with the Bengals 95-98. Hopefully this means Mike Brown has some familiarity with him lol.

would be a nice touch to have a former player coaching here
Reply/Quote
please dont let him leave without signing to a 4 yr deal.please
Reply/Quote
Now this gets my tail wagging.

Reply/Quote
Erection City.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I want to see this happen, but history also tells me that the hopeful Bengals fans of today become the disappointed Bengals fans of tomorrow. Could this be the start of a new era?
Reply/Quote
He'd be an offensive mind, which we need, but, with no head coaching experience, do we really want another guy that we just hope can get the job done because he was a good coordinator?

Granted that offensive coaches do have a better grasp of clock management and game planning because they deal with it more, but do we really want to take that leap?

Personally, with how he did in KC, I'd LOVE to get him in here while we still have AJ playing at a high level, Andy hopefully having a resurgence, guys like Mixon, Bernard, Boyd, and tight ends like Uzomah and Eifert because I think he can get them playing at a high level and I think that they'd be energized to play under him.

Bring him in!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 11:46 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I want to see this happen, but history also tells me that the hopeful Bengals fans of today become the disappointed Bengals fans of tomorrow.  Could this be the start of a new era?

The last time the Bengals hired a HC, they did go with an outside candidate who had not worked as a coach there previously.
That's pretty much my only way of being optimistic about the HC hire lol.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 11:47 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: He'd be an offensive mind, which we need, but, with no head coaching experience, do we really want another guy that we just hope can get the job done because he was a good coordinator?

Granted that offensive coaches do have a better grasp of clock management and game planning because they deal with it more, but do we really want to take that leap?

Yes and yes

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 11:23 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Just tweeted by Ian Rappoport.

Unfortunately it also means Bieniemy has some familiarity with Mike Brown.

Not holding my breath on this one.  He's probably taking the interview to keep from sending the wrong impression to other owners.  
Reply/Quote
Say whatever you will about Zac Taylor, Shane Waldron, and Eric Bieniemy lacking experience, but at least they are interesting.

Guys like Hue Jackson, Darrin Simmons, Bill Lazor, and Vance Joseph are about as interesting as wet toast. We've seen them all before, and they're all remnants of a regime that we've moved on from.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Great news ! He's one of the group the top of my list
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 11:51 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Unfortunately it also means Bieniemy has some familiarity with Mike Brown.

Not holding my breath on this one.  He's probably taking the interview to keep from sending the wrong impression to other owners.  

Definitely wouldn’t hold my breath. But the fact that he chose to have an interview while simultaneously turning down an interview in Arizona tells me the mutual interest is alive and kicking.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 11:52 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Say whatever you will about Zac Taylor, Shane Waldron, and Eric Bieniemy lacking experience, but at least they are interesting.

Guys like Hue Jackson, Darrin Simmons, Bill Lazor, and Vance Joseph are about as interesting as wet toast. We've seen them all before, and they're all remnants of a regime that we are moving away from.

What’s going on in your house that you have wet toast?

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 11:53 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Definitely wouldn’t hold my breath. But the fact that he chose to have an interview while simultaneously turning down an interview in Arizona tells me the mutual interest is alive and kicking.

I think so too. I think it's because of his previous connection to Cincinnati and/or he believes he'll have more success with the Bengals roster rather than Arizona's. It sure can't be because of nicer weather and stadium lol.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 11:51 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Unfortunately it also means Bieniemy has some familiarity with Mike Brown.

I was going to say, playing for the Bengals in the 90s seems more like a reason he wouldn't want to be here than a reason to come back.  Time will tell.
Reply/Quote
Please let this go well. Im all for a young fiery guy whos out to prove himself. The thoight of Hue or Vance Joseph coaching this team makes me sick
Reply/Quote
Nice.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 11:58 AM)uticabengalfan Wrote: Please let this go well. Im all for a young fiery guy whos out to prove himself. The thoight of Hue or Vance Joseph coaching this team makes me sick

He's not really "young." He'll be 50 years old by the start of next season.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Near the top of my list, if not at the very top.

But as long as it's not Hue, Darrin, Vance or Lazor I will be refreshed and optimistic. Like a lady after showering with Summer's Eve.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote