Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I believe AJ Green just called out the Offensive Line.....
(11-15-2016, 10:32 AM)jj22 Wrote: Look for more players to start talking publicly.

Who other than AJ & Dalton even have a right to talk about the poor play? Those two have been the only consistent players thus far. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Just call the guys out by name. It's not like they have any leverage on the matter considering almost all of them are second and third tier NFL caliber OL that are lucky to collect a game-day check, all the while being coached by a sixth tier position coach.
Reply/Quote
I wonder if Paul Alexander will publicly proclaim that AJ Green is on a witch hunt against his incredible offensive line.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 12:35 PM)NKYRob Wrote: I wonder if Paul Alexander will publicly proclaim that AJ Green is on a witch hunt against his incredible offensive line.

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

:paul:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The first m**********r opening his mouth should be Whit.
He should call out to those under performing in the group.

This is getting beyond ridiculous.

They made that D look like world beaters in the second half.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 10:20 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Can we trade AJ for 5 first round picks and Andy for a 2nd rounder and start all over again

There are so many things wrong with this post I'm just gonna assume it wasn't serious.
Reply/Quote
and so AJ and all the team leaders should.

Speaking figuratively, PA should be lynched from the highest tree in town with all these early rounders that can not block anybody, or even slow them down for a spilt second for that matter.

Even more scary is that Whit could just up and retire at this pace. Which he will shortly anyway but it would be very devastating if it is this year.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 09:57 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The picture worth a thousand words was the scene of the entire OL, plus a RB, all knocked on their asses around and on top of Andy..

Yep...there was a couple of horror shows on blitzes.   

That's where saying it was Ced or Bodine is pointless...the whole lot of them (Whit included) got manhandled at times and there was literally nowhere for AD to go.

That's why i think AJ is calling it out...there is zero hope of getting anything if there is not even time for receivers to get upfield or AD to get his feet set.

If its just Ced then maybe AD can climb up into the pocket or move out to the right...when its just a blue tsunami then you could have Jerry Rice, Randy Moss and AJ playing receiver but all they're going to do is look back and see AD being used as a doormat for the DL.
Reply/Quote
Still no fan of all the silly gimmick stuff that Hue started and believe it impedes young OL's progress by having to work hard at learning these shifts.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 01:00 PM)sonofstat Wrote: Yep...there was a couple of horror shows on blitzes.   

That's where saying it was Ced or Bodine is pointless...the whole damn lot of them (Whit included) got manhandled at times and there was literally nowhere for AD to go.

That's why i think AJ is calling it out...there is zero hope of getting anything if there is not even time for receivers to get upfield or AD to get his feet set.

If its just Ced then maybe AD can climb up into the pocket or move out to the right...when its just a f*cking blue tsunami then you could have Jerry Rice, Randy Moss and AJ playing receiver but all they're going to do is look back and see AD being used as a doormat for the DL.

The sad thing is, Dalton has really upped his game in the moving in the pocket and feeling pressure category....even making throws on the run and utilizing good pump fakes.  He finally develops into a very solid QB, and we can't protect him.  Should have been making moves in FA to shore up the trenches and LB corps.....but no.....that's not the Bungal way.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 12:58 PM)Go Cards Wrote: and so AJ and all the team leaders should.

Speaking figuratively, PA should be lynched from the highest tree in town with all these early rounders that can not block anybody, or even slow them down for a spilt second for that matter.

Even more scary is that Whit could just up and retire at this pace. Which he will shortly anyway but it would be very devastating if it is this year.

Yep..i must admit at the start of the year i thought it was guaranteed he would be back assuming his play did not fall of a cliff (which it has't in my opinion even after yesterdays game).

However if this continues to be a horror show maybe he has enough...he's seen enough of the worst seasons, missing playoffs to maybe not be inclined to go through another re-build??

If Marvin does go and a new HC comes in one of the first priorities for me would be to try and get him to stay. Its going to be a transition period whatever so he would be invaluable plus the other OT options of Fisher and Ced at LT are frankly scary.  I'd take Whit in an average season at the drop of a hat over Ced at LT right now
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 01:01 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Still no fan of all the silly gimmick stuff that Hue started and believe it impedes young OL's progress by having to work hard at learning these shifts.

I'm still kind of split on this....it was great to see something slightly different with the Eifert play - I was getting sick of seeing the wacky formation just turn into a sideways quick pass to Green or Boyd who then get stuffed for no gain.  So kudos to Zamp for that as that was great.

Where I am struggling a bit with Zamp is i still feel he may opt out of power running plays and indeed get away from the run to early whatever the run called is.  Its even more questionable in my eyes in the game yesterday as we were never far behind and having to go all out on the pass...

On that 'will zamp be innovative post bye week' thread I think i said the same thing.  If the O Line is struggling with assignments, and general pass protection then why try and be too cute.  Can we not try a bit of Hewitt at FB going behind our pulling guards
Reply/Quote
The line is terrible, no other way to describe them. Anyone notice how many snaps that Andy was catching at his ankles last night? I made a point to watch Ogbuehi last night, which is something I normally would not do. The guy just gets pushed around like he does not have the strength to be an NFL lineman (this is when people are not running right past him). Time and again the entire line was getting pushed back into Andy's face, whether they were blitzing or not. The really sad part is that the Giants do not have a great pass rush... they had 11 total sacks coming into the game.

Whitworth turns 35 in a few weeks. I cannot believe he has much football left in him. Good chance that Zeitler is gone after this season. Bodine is Bodine. Cedric is terrible and evidently Fisher is worse because he can't overtake him. The question is, how many years does it take to rebuild this line?
Reply/Quote
Last night the biggest culprits were Og (as usual), Bodine (horrible snaps and as usual bad blocking), Boling also got owned a lot and so did Zeitler.

Really a lot of it looks like bad technique. Pad levels too high, blocking the wrong guy (nothing like letting JPP in unblocked), failure to anchor properly and so on. With a real coach these players might be competent.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 01:17 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: The line is terrible, no other way to describe them.  Anyone notice how many snaps that Andy was catching at his ankles last night?  I made a point to watch Ogbuehi last night, which is something I normally would not do.  The guy just gets pushed around like he does not have the strength to be an NFL lineman (this is when people are not running right past him).  Time and again the entire line was getting pushed back into Andy's face, whether they were blitzing or not.  The really sad part is that the Giants do not have a great pass rush... they had 11 total sacks coming into the game.

Whitworth turns 35 in a few weeks.  I cannot believe he has much football left in him.  Good chance that Zeitler is gone after this season.  Bodine is Bodine.  Cedric is terrible and evidently Fisher is worse because he can't overtake him.  The question is, how many years does it take to rebuild this line?

Not to mention, he couldn't get low and keep JPP's hands down on those batted passes.

Reply/Quote
Seems like Boling was turning from side to side and backwards directing traffic on every play. Has communication gotten that bad?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 10:29 AM)Wyche Wrote: Those lines were chock full of top round talent.  My main issue with him now, is that.....according to him in interviews.....these are his hand picked guys failing out there.  Bodine has been here, what, three years?  He's just now becoming serviceable.  Ced and Fischer just plain suck.  You can't coach up your hand picked players that you adamantly lobbied for on draft day?  Shit can his ass......send the message.  He has been here since the Shula days.  No wonder there's an issue with accountability here.

Those lines? Year before last Hill ran all over the league as a rookie. Last year Dalton had all kinds of time and we won the Division. This year the line can't block a nun. It's the same guys with the exception of Smith. I really think someone went in an pulled a "Longest Yard" on them and replaced their supplements with estrogen....
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Those lines? Year before last Hill ran all over the league as a rookie. Last year Dalton had all kinds of time and we won the Division. This year the line can't block a nun. It's the same guys with the exception of Smith. I really think someone went in an pulled a "Longest Yard" on them and replaced their supplements with estrogen....

Year before last, we were running quite a bit of unbalanced sets and more Hewitt because we were running more due to injuries at WR and TE.  Last year, Dalton was slinging the ball very quickly with faster developing plays and no one in his face instantly from two places....only one (center).  Look at the rush rankings for this team since Corey Dillon left.....it's not that pretty, save for a year here and there.  Palmer was getting killed due to his lack of mobility and the Air Coryell system after the lines I was actually referring to began to fall apart.

Reply/Quote
Nothing subtle about that. He's a vet and one of the biggest talents on the team who has played well so I hope everyone's listening to him. He can get away with this and still carry respect from his teammates; now they better deliver.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 01:15 PM)sonofstat Wrote: I'm still kind of split on this....it was great to see something slightly different with the Eifert play - I was getting sick of seeing the wacky formation just turn into a sideways quick pass to Green or Boyd who then get stuffed for no gain.  So kudos to Zamp for that as that was great.

Where I am struggling a bit with Zamp is i still feel he may opt out of power running plays and indeed get away from the run to early whatever the run called is.  Its even more questionable in my eyes in the game yesterday as we were never far behind and having to go all out on the pass...

On that 'will zamp be innovative post bye week' thread I think i said the same thing.  If the O Line is struggling with assignments, and general pass protection then why try and be too cute.  Can we not try a bit of Hewitt at FB going behind our pulling guards

what game are you watching. We cannot run the fricking football. After the first series in the first half we ran almost every first or second down and got stuffed and did nothing

they stopped throwing to Eifert or AJ down the field while trying the power running game and they got stuffed play after play after play,

This is a passing league and the pass should be used to set up the run. Dalton should be in a game plan that spreads out the D and gives him good reads on the  hot read to get the ball out quickly.

The argument that we are "abandoning the run" drives me crazy. WE CANNOT RUN THE BALL AGAINST ANYONE BECAIUSE THE O LINE STINKS!!!
Reply/Quote