Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I believe AJ Green just called out the Offensive Line.....
(11-15-2016, 07:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: People act like the Bengals can't run the ball, because outside of that one Browns game skewing everything, they really haven't been able to.

I know it gets a bit dicey when you start pulling out things to prove a point, but I think we can all agree that the Browns are the Browns.

Hill & Gio vs Browns: 26 carries, 248 yards (9.54 YPC), 2 TD
Hill & Gio vs 8 Others: 177 carries, 629 yards (3.55 YPC), 6 TD

So the overall statistics were heavily skewed by the Browns game and made the team look like a good rushing team overall, even though anyone who watched the other 8 games this year could tell you that's not the case.

You're also excluding Burkhead and Dalton. In which, Dalton has 129 rushing yards through those 8 games. That's 8th among all QBs. More yards than Doug Martin, with 11 less carries.

But the Browns aren't "Just the Browns".

They held West, Blount, Ajayi under 43 yards (Ajayi and Blount to under 40). Held Murray and West to 65. Elliot didn't even get 100 yards on them.

Outside of the Bengals, they only allowed one 100 yard rusher this season (Matt Jones).

So the Browns numbers would look better, but you have to include running QBs and other RBs and WRs.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
So it's mutually agreed by all, OL blows, and Paul Alexander should go, right? At least after Marvin goes, right? Which is right after Mike Brown officially separates the family from football operations, right?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Paul Alexander is a genius. We just can't see it.

It's all Andy Dalton's fault for not getting the ball out in less than three nanoseconds.

Jeremy Hill can't see the holes the offensive lines create. That's the problem.

The receivers don't run fast enough.

Everyone knows AJ McCarron is the answer.

Sarcasm

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 08:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So it's mutually agreed by all, OL blows, and Paul Alexander should go, right?  At least after Marvin goes, right?  Which is right after Mike Brown officially separates the family from football operations, right?

Exactly!  Now you'll have to excuse me while I go on a rant about the Bengals getting NO respect during a 25+ year playoff drought while simultaneously laughing at the Steelers for losing 4 in a row.

Oy, this stuff is hard.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 08:23 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Paul Alexander is a genius.  We just can't see it.

It's all Andy Dalton's fault for not getting the ball out in less than three nanoseconds.

Jeremy Hill can't see the holes the offensive lines create.  That's the problem.

The receivers don't run fast enough.

Everyone knows AJ McCarron is the answer.

Sarcasm

Paul Alexander has bought all the way in to Marvin's 25 years to Super Bowl success plan. Don't you see ? They're saving their best stuff for that end run still 8 years away !

Ninja Ninja Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 07:58 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: You're also excluding Burkhead and Dalton. In which, Dalton has 129 rushing yards through those 8 games. That's 8th among all QBs. More yards than Doug Martin, with 11 less carries.

But the Browns aren't "Just the Browns".

They held West, Blount, Ajayi under 43 yards (Ajayi and Blount to under 40). Held Murray and West to 65. Elliot didn't even get 100 yards on them.

Outside of the Bengals, they only allowed one 100 yard rusher this season (Matt Jones).

So the Browns numbers would look better, but you have to include running QBs and other RBs and WRs.

First off, none of that post changes the fact that outside of one game against the worst team in the NFL, they haven't been able to run the football. That said, here's the numbers you requested.

Including Burkhead and Dalton...

Vs Browns: 30 carries, 271 yards (9.03 YPC), 2 TD
Vs 8 Others: 209 carries, 766 yards (3.67 YPC), 8 TD

Really not a huge change from my first post. Still puts the Bengals at 27th in YPC once you remove the Browns aberration.

- - - - - - - - - -

As for your attempted defense of the Browns...

-Jay Ajayi was a backup when they played the Browns and got 7 carries at 4.0 YPC and a TD.
-Stopping Terrance West is something to be proud of now? Dude has never had a season of 4.0 YPC or higher in his career. He's kind of turrible.
-Blount is averaging 3.7 YPC this year. He's not exactly tearing it up either, outside of short yardage TDs.
-The Cowboys were leading the Browns 35-10 in the third quarter, so they pulled Eliott to try to keep his legs fresh for the end of the season. He had 18 carries at 5.1 a carry, and 2 TDs that game.

-I will give you Murray, though. They did manage to do a good job against him.

Here's something you forgot to mention though... Cleveland is 31st in rushing defense, 27th in rushing YPC allowed, 28th-t in rushing TDs allowed.

That is why the Browns are the Browns and why the Bengals looked so good against them.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Basically AJ saying this team sucks.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 09:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Really not a huge change from my first post. Still puts the Bengals at 27th in YPC once you remove the Browns aberration.

27th among all teams counting all games or 27th among all teams with their best game removed?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 10:13 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Basically AJ saying this team sucks.

Basically "No".  Nothing like that at all.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 10:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Basically "No".  Nothing like that at all.

Looks like your prediction is right on  :andy:
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 05:56 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yes, but AJMcC could carry them MUCH further.....Roll Damn Tide Ninja
You know, Rich Eisen actually said it may be time to get AJ McCarran in the games today on his radio show. His sidekick or whoever was like "Really?". Eisen went on to point out that they ALMOST won in the playoffs last year, and that McCarran played great when called upon. Rich Eisen went to Michigan, and not Bama so I don't know what the **** he's smoking on.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The most annoying part about the o-line is the fact we have actually been investing through extensions and high draft picks.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 10:24 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: The most annoying part about the o-line is the fact we have actually been investing through extensions and high draft picks.
How bout the fact that a numbskull with half a hand abused our top pick from last year? An amputee would probably give Ogbuehi fits.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 09:44 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Fire someone. You don't have to have a replacement. This team is going nowhere. Firing gets people scared. Family environment allows people to be comfortable losing or comfortable at not performing their best. Paid millions and cakewalking it.

Preach it Wink
Reply/Quote
Firing people is cruel. People have bills to pay and mouths to feed. Bench Dalton. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 05:41 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Your 2016 Bengals.

This photo should be on the cover of every game program and used as the Bengal's team photo too.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 04:20 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: CxRtPpuUoAA6MfJ.jpg]

4 man rush, 3 OL on the ground, Dalton being sacked by 4 guys at once. Nuff said.

Hilarious Hilarious Cry Cry
Reply/Quote

4 man rush, 3 OL on the ground, Dalton being sacked by 4 guys at once. Nuff said.

I tried giving you 50 rep points for this post. Tried VPN, logging in and out..."they" wouldn't allow it. :paul:

Reply/Quote

(11-15-2016, 07:38 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: [Image: CxRsl7wXAAA4Ynu.jpg]

Look at that clean pocket  Ninja

I feel so bad for Dalton. 

This line should be embarrassed and ashamed. 

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 12:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It is sad when "fans" get so hot and excited over a photo of the team failing.  Just more proof that many people here enjoy hating more than cheering for the team to do well.

So i hope you all have huge posters of this photo on your bedroom walls so you can get your hater rocks off every night.  As for me I never want to see this image again.

Fred, you love the Bengals more than all of us other "fans " combined. Ninja
Cheering for the team to do well has less impact on winning than ;
1.Recognizing and getting talented players, must let marginal players leave if better can be had
2.Quality coaches to coach up said talent
3.Good game plans
4.In game adjustments
5.Player execution
Reply/Quote