Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I believe AJ Green just called out the Offensive Line.....
[Image: CxRtPpuUoAA6MfJ.jpg]

4 man rush, 3 OL on the ground, Dalton being sacked by 4 guys at once. Nuff said.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
So can anyone explain why in the 4th quarter with the game on the line Ced is in there instead of Winston? Also, why is the play calling not adjusting to mask our deficiencies? I.E. why are we not hitting screens and quick passes to slow the pass rush and give our terrible pass blocking a break?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 04:25 PM)NKYRob Wrote: So can anyone explain why in the 4th quarter with the game on the line Ced is in there instead of Winston? Also, why is the play calling not adjusting to mask our deficiencies?  I.E. why are we not hitting screens and quick passes to slow the pass rush and give our terrible pass blocking a break?

The screens they threw earlier in the game netted a whole lot of nothing.  I'm not sure Andy could have gotten the ball out quick enough to mask the o line deficiencies... 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 04:20 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: CxRtPpuUoAA6MfJ.jpg]

4 man rush, 3 OL on the ground, Dalton being sacked by 4 guys at once. Nuff said.

That is just SAD!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 04:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That is just SAD!!!

Funnily enough, the picture is also the Bengals O this year in a nutshell. The OL sucking, the running game nowhere to be seen, and Dalton having to carry it all on his back.

Reply/Quote

It's also worth mentioning that on this play, Bodine didn't actually block anyone. That's why he's still standing.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Your 2016 Bengals.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 05:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Funnily enough, the picture is also the Bengals O this year in a nutshell. The OL sucking, the running game nowhere to be seen, and Dalton having to carry it all on his back.

Yes, but AJMcC could carry them MUCH further.....Roll Damn Tide Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 10:24 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: 1) no team would ever trade 5 1st round picks. 
2) dalton is get more than a second
3) if firing someone is the trick, why go full blown rebuild?

If we made him available I think 2 and a solid player would be the going price

Maybe 3 if it's no other players involved
Reply/Quote

Work of art, just as it was drawn up on the side-line.  Ninja

Zeitler looks like he's just chilling. Big Whit is 2 yards from the nearest defender. It's not like they're even hanging onto them, trying to push them out of the play. Just flat out beat, all of them. That is stuff I don't even see to often out of my pee-wee football team. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 04:03 PM)bengals67 Wrote: what game are you watching. We cannot run the fricking football. After the first series in the first half we ran almost every first or second down and got stuffed and did nothing

they stopped throwing to Eifert or AJ down the field while trying the power running game and they got stuffed play after play after play,

This is a passing league and the pass should be used to set up the run. Dalton should be in a game plan that spreads out the D and gives him good reads on the  hot read to get the ball out quickly.

The argument that we are "abandoning the run" drives me crazy. WE CANNOT RUN THE BALL AGAINST ANYONE BECAIUSE THE O LINE STINKS!!!

They ran Hill 4 times in the first half. Three of which came on the second series, where he gained 9 yards. Got 11, picked up the first, then stuffed for -2.

They ran Gio three more times in that half.

They ran 7 times compared to throwing the ball 18 times. 19 if you want to include Dalton's scramble.

When the Bengals got the ball at the Giants 7 yard line, they didn't even run it once.

The other time they got in the 10 yard line? Ran it twice for a TD.

You CANNOT abandon the run.

We are ranked 10th in the league with running the ball. Were ranked 7th before this week. Not sure why people act like we can't run the ball. We rank 12th in YPC and 8th in TDs.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 06:43 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: They ran Hill 4 times in the first half. Three of which came on the second series, where he gained 9 yards. Got 11, picked up the first, then stuffed for -2.

They ran 7 times compared to throwing the ball 18 times. 19 if you want to include Dalton's scramble.

When the Bengals got the ball at the Giants 7 yard line, they didn't even run it once.

We are ranked 10th in the league with running the ball. Were ranked 7th before this week. Not sure why people act like we can't run the ball. We rank 12th in YPC and 8th in TDs.

Shocked 

Wow... That is... PISS POOR playcalling!
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 10:20 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Can we trade AJ for 5 first round picks and Andy for a 2nd rounder and start all over again

Honestly, I wouldn't trade AJ for anything.  It's hard to find a team player that is one of the best players in the game.

There's not guarantee that any of those picks would pan out.

However, we better be looking to trade McCarron in the offseason.  We need the extra pick.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 06:43 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: They ran Hill 4 times in the first half. Three of which came on the second series, where he gained 9 yards. Got 11, picked up the first, then stuffed for -2.

I would be very interested to see how the numbers break down.  Getting 4-5 yards almost every time we rush the ball is one thing, but getting 1-2 yards per carry and then having 1 run for 50 will really skew the numbers.

It seems like every time we try to run the ball on short yardage, we get nowhere.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 06:48 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I would be very interested to see how the numbers break down.  Getting 4-5 yards almost every time we rush the ball is one thing, but getting 1-2 yards per carry and then having 1 run for 50 will really skew the numbers.

It seems like every time we try to run the ball on short yardage, we get nowhere.

Currently working on a piece to help figure out said numbers.

Although, I have noticed that when they have put Winston in, they've had more success running. That's why we had such success against the Broncos and such.

Currently working on splits compared to when Winston is in and When Ogubehi is in.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Guys, clearly this was just a communication issue on the line which was fixed.

The guy who was supposed to block #53 (I think) will get an extension since his guy was last in getting to the QB.
Reply/Quote

People act like the Bengals can't run the ball, because outside of that one Browns game skewing everything, they really haven't been able to.

I know it gets a bit dicey when you start pulling out things to prove a point, but I think we can all agree that the Browns are the Browns.

Hill & Gio vs Browns: 26 carries, 248 yards (9.54 YPC), 2 TD
Hill & Gio vs 8 Others: 177 carries, 629 yards (3.55 YPC), 6 TD

So the overall statistics were heavily skewed by the Browns game and made the team look like a good rushing team overall, even though anyone who watched the other 8 games this year could tell you that's not the case.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 10:20 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Can we trade AJ for 5 first round picks and Andy for a 2nd rounder and start all over again

Do we really need that many injured CBs?
Reply/Quote
[Image: CxRsl7wXAAA4Ynu.jpg]

Look at that clean pocket  Ninja
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 07:38 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: [Image: CxRsl7wXAAA4Ynu.jpg]

Look at that clean pocket  Ninja

That's just incredible. Not a lick of pride. Dalton deserves an apology.
Reply/Quote