Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Fournette is there at #9, the Bengals Take Him
I was just watching the combine coverage on NFL network and the reporter just said that the Bengals are trying to "go heavy" at RB and if Fournette is there at #9, the Bengals will "in no uncertain terms, take him"

Little early for that kind of speculation...
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 06:46 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I was just watching the combine coverage on NFL network and the reporter just said that the Bengals are trying to "go heavy" at RB and if Fournette is there at #9, the Bengals will "in no uncertain terms, take him"

Little early for that kind of speculation...

Ive said this all along and honestly it feels right to me.  We can't rely on Dalton to carry us to a Superbowl alone we need a guy who can take that pressure off and is a good blocker.  I think the Bengals have him as one of the highest rated players and if he somehow falls to 9 they will run that card to the podium.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Just watched that. Thats why i was so mad that Carolina jumped ahead of us in the draft. I dont see him getting past them. If thats the case I would like to see DE in the first then Kamara in the 2nd or Perine, Foreman, McNichols in the later rounds. Samaje Perine is really growing on me. Check out his highlights on you tube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-hxd55alKE This guy breaks so many tackles, must have a low center of gravity. Lol reminds me of a weeble wobble. Im just happy that the Bengals acknowledge that Hill is not the answer.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 07:18 PM)Okeana Wrote: Ive said this all along and honestly it feels right to me.  We can't rely on Dalton to carry us to a Superbowl alone we need a guy who can take that pressure off and is a good blocker.  I think the Bengals have him as one of the highest rated players and if he somehow falls to 9 they will run that card to the podium.

Well lets just hope its not Hill running it up there.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 07:50 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Well lets just hope its not Hill running it up there.

I would laugh so hard if they try and put hill on the Practice squad because his ego would be so crushed.  Ive hated that kid for years and I just don't see how other people can justify him being on the team.  One of the most selfish childish players Ive ever seen and I will never forgive him for losing that Steelers playoff game.  

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 07:18 PM)Okeana Wrote: Ive said this all along and honestly it feels right to me.  We can't rely on Dalton to carry us to a Superbowl alone we need a guy who can take that pressure off and is a good blocker.  I think the Bengals have him as one of the highest rated players and if he somehow falls to 9 they will run that card to the podium.

What that means is that he'll go to the Panthers at 8.  No way he makes it to 9.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 08:10 PM)McC Wrote: What that means is that he'll go to the Panthers at 8.  No way he makes it to 9.

actually I think he goes higher especially when he runs a sub 4.4

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 08:26 PM)Okeana Wrote: actually I think he goes higher especially when he runs a sub 4.4

As long as he doesn't end up in Cleveland.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Is it ridiculous to think that by the time draft day comes that he ends up at the top of Cleveland's board? If you have no QB...

Reply/Quote
Rumor is the 49ers are strongly considering him at #2, I would bet on that being a smokescreen but you never know.

He likely will not make it to us but you never know, Eifert was never supposed to be around either.

1. Browns - Not taking a RB #1 overall, or atleast they shouldn't. Then again the Browns will be the Browns.
2. 49ers have Hyde who has looked solid enough that I think they try to fill other needs this early. Shanahan has stated he see's Hyde as the guy in SF.
3. Bears - Have Jordan Howard and Jeremy Langford who looked great when they were given playing time.
4. Jaguars - Not much at RB, I think this is the first realistic place he could end up. Although offense isnt the problem with Jags so they probably end up going Defense.
5. Titans - Have Murray and just drafted Henry, will not go here.
6. Jets - Have Forte but he is getting old. Another one of those teams that could end up going in a ton of directions given all the needs they have.
7. Charges - Melvin Gordon, wont take a RB.
8. Panthers - This is everyones favorite for Fournette right now but I don't see them as a team that values RB as much because Cam is basically a RB for them. They also have 2 more years of Stewart for CHEAP. My guess is they go OT or Defense(CB or Dline).

Realistically I see about 3 spots he could go before our pick but you never know, not to mention we haven't even had Free Agency yet so that could factor into it, hell I saw today that the Panthers had the Vegas odds to land Adrian Peterson so who knows.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If they don't know how to use Hill then how are they going to use Fournette. They should be focused on pass rushers or receivers only. God this team is so frustrating if you want to invest in running the ball sign Whitworth, Zeitler, and draft a center in the second.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 12:53 AM)J24 Wrote: If they don't know how to use Hill then how are they going to use Fournette. They should be focused on pass rushers or receivers only. God this team is so frustrating if you want to invest in running the ball sign Whitworth, Zeitler, and draft a center in the second.

Hill is and has been awful the last couple of years, I mean blame it on the Oline if you want but Burkhead had 0 problem.

If Fournette is bpa then you take him.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 01:02 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Because Hill is shit?

Hill is and has been awful the last couple of years, I mean blame it on the Oline if you want but Burkhead had 0 problem.

If Fournette is bpa then you take him.

Burkhead is a different kind of back then both Hill and Fournette though. We basically run a shotgun spread offense how would Fournette skills be could in that system. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 09:56 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Rumor is the 49ers are strongly considering him at #2, I would bet on that being a smokescreen but you never know.

He likely will not make it to us but you never know, Eifert was never supposed to be around either.

1. Browns - Not taking a RB #1 overall, or atleast they shouldn't. Then again the Browns will be the Browns.
2. 49ers have Hyde who has looked solid enough that I think they try to fill other needs this early. Shanahan has stated he see's Hyde as the guy in SF.
3. Bears - Have Jordan Howard and Jeremy Langford who looked great when they were given playing time.
4. Jaguars - Not much at RB, I think this is the first realistic place he could end up. Although offense isnt the problem with Jags so they probably end up going Defense.
5. Titans - Have Murray and just drafted Henry, will not go here.
6. Jets - Have Forte but he is getting old. Another one of those teams that could end up going in a ton of directions given all the needs they have.
7. Charges - Melvin Gordon, wont take a RB.
8. Panthers - This is everyones favorite for Fournette right now but I don't see them as a team that values RB as much because Cam is basically a RB for them. They also have 2 more years of Stewart for CHEAP. My guess is they go OT or Defense(CB or Dline).

Realistically I see about 3 spots he could go before our pick but you never know, not to mention we haven't even had Free Agency yet so that could factor into it, hell I saw today that the Panthers had the Vegas odds to land Adrian Peterson so who knows.

Here's the thing though Bob; Jax has Coughlin back and he's in the FO. He loves,loves to have a stud RB. After some thought, I think they may take one of the big two. Not sure which, but with TC there, I could see it happening.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 01:06 AM)J24 Wrote: Burkhead is a different kind of back then both Hill and Fournette though. We basically run a shotgun spread offense how would Fournette skills be could in that system. 

The thing is that Hill isn't either type you described, he doesn't play strong enough for a power back and he isn't quick enough to be a Burkhead type. We won't even get into his vision or the dancing behind the line.

Why should the Bengals pass on Fournette just because Hill can't play? Why should we pass on a huge upgrade at RB? 
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 08:06 PM)Okeana Wrote: I would laugh so hard if they try and put hill on the Practice squad because his ego would be so crushed.  Ive hated that kid for years and I just don't see how other people can justify him being on the team.  One of the most selfish childish players Ive ever seen and I will never forgive him for losing that Steelers playoff game.  

32 TDs in 3 years.

I want Foreman in the 3rd or De'Veon Smith in the 5th. I'm in the camp that you never take a RB in the first and I'm not taking a 240 pounder with a bum ankle. DE in first on O-line in second. Build from the trenches.
Reply/Quote
Yes please!!! Fournette will be the next AP!

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/2/14796008/bengals-want-leonard-fournette-nfl-network
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Fournette could be a day 1 game changer.
Reply/Quote
I wish I could get excited like I was this time last year for the Draft. Fournette would be a good pickup, but I still want a tackle or DE.
Reply/Quote
Fournette is not going to be there at 9.
Reply/Quote