Poll: Would you want Joe Brady as our next HC?
Yes. He’s the real deal, and what we thought we were getting in Taylor.
No. I’d rather have an experienced HC this time.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Joe Brady?
This thread is not about how bad the OL sucked against the Bears, or Burrow throwing 3 picks. Both were a major reason we lost, but that’s not what this is about. There will be plenty of other places to cover that. Ad nauseam.

No, this is about Taylor’s play calling. It was horrendous. Just so vanilla, and uninspiring. It often feels like defenses know EXACTLY what is coming with him. Going back to last year, and the year before.

So here’s the question, if we fire Taylor mid-season, or this offseason, how would you feel about Brady as our next HC? He’s got the Panthers offense humming with Sam Darnold of all people. He would obviously have a far better QB here with Burrow. And we know what they did together at LSU.

So would you be willing to take a shot on another young offensive minded up and coming coach, or would you want a more established retread type guy?

I’ll throw up a poll to vote on. I have a feeling people are going to lean towards the more proven HC route, but Joe Brady is going to be a very hot name if he continues to have success in Carolina. I’ve heard some mention he doesn’t interview all that well, but I’m beyond tired of hearing that as an excuse to pass on guys like him or Eric Bieniemy. I’m sure Zac Taylor can dazzle and bullshit with the best of them, but the guy sure as hell doesn’t have the coaching/play calling thing down.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Panthers have 3 good receivers and a versatile back.

Has Darnold playing well.

Yes, bring Joe Brady in.

I agree
Reply/Quote
Until you fix the line, you're going to have a limited playbook. ZT may not be a good coach, but it doesn't really matter with a bad line.
Reply/Quote
I'd be for it, you and I went around and around on this prior to drafting Burrow when I said if you get Burrow you need to get the guy who made him and that entire LSU season in Joe Brady.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:11 PM)Benton Wrote: Until you fix the line, you're going to have a limited playbook. ZT may not be a good coach, but it doesn't really matter with a bad line.

Zac thinks he’s working with the rams o-line

Oh how sadly mistaken he is

Maybe the Frank pollack hype got to his head
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:11 PM)Benton Wrote: Until you fix the line, you're going to have a limited playbook. ZT may not be a good coach, but it doesn't really matter with a bad line.

I literally said this thread is not for that. Start your own thread to discuss the OL. This is about coaching.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I literally said this thread is not for that. Start your own thread to discuss the OL. This is about coaching.

“Lalalalala I don’t want to hear about the o-line lalalala”

He says with his hands over his ears
Reply/Quote

Then fix the line Zac. He's kinda the HC.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I voted yes, but to be fair, I'd have you coach the team right now rather than Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:26 PM)jason Wrote: Then fix the line Zac. He's kinda the HC.

Zac thought wide receiver was more of a need.

What a brilliant coach
Reply/Quote
Brady or Bieniemy. I would be much happier with either. Honestly, how much worse can it get.
Reply/Quote
I heard Howie Long say to the “doesn’t interview well” remark “who cares? Does he know HOW to coach? Does he connect with his players?” And that just really makes sense to me.

I’d be all for bringing Joe Brady in. The downside to him though could also be what’s held ZT back with veteran coach hires. Does he have connections in the coaching ranks yet? How would he fill out his staff? Would we be doing this aaaaaaaaallllllllll over again, with no proven position coaches wanting to chance their careers by signing on with an unproven HC? Or say Carolina goes deep into the playoffs. Like the Rams did the year we hired the glorified car salesman. And he doesn’t have much of a chance to hire someone of note.
Reply/Quote
Hard to say without knowing the other coaches available. Brady seems to be doing well in Carolina though. I’d definitely take him over Zac as he’s actually had success in his career as a coach. Knows our players well too, so it seems like a good fit.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This thread is not about how bad the OL sucked against the Bears, or Burrow throwing 3 picks. Both were a major reason we lost, but that’s not what this is about. There will be plenty of other places to cover that. Ad nauseam.

No, this is about Taylor’s play calling. It was horrendous. Just so vanilla, and uninspiring. It often feels like defenses know EXACTLY what is coming with him. Going back to last year, and the year before.

So here’s the question, if we fire Taylor mid-season, or this offseason, how would you feel about Brady as our next HC? He’s got the Panthers offense humming with Sam Darnold of all people. He would obviously have a far better QB here with Burrow. And we know what they did together at LSU.

So would you be willing to take a shot on another young offensive minded up and coming coach, or would you want a more established retread type guy?

I’ll throw up a poll to vote on. I have a feeling people are going to lean towards the more proven HC route, but Joe Brady is going to be a very hot name if he continues to have success in Carolina. I’ve heard some mention he doesn’t interview all that well, but I’m beyond tired of hearing that as an excuse to pass on guys like him or Eric Bieniemy. I’m sure Zac Taylor can dazzle and bullshit with the best of them, but the guy sure as hell doesn’t have the coaching/play calling thing down.
Cool. Cause this will most likely be the only thread questioning Zac. The threads blaming Burrow will most likely get out of control; but at least we have the one about Zac. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:31 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I heard Howie Long say to the “doesn’t interview well” remark “who cares? Does he know HOW to coach? Does he connect with his players?” And that just really makes sense to me.

I’d be all for bringing Joe Brady in. The downside to him though could also be what’s held ZT back with veteran coach hires. Does he have connections in the coaching ranks yet? How would he fill out his staff? Would we be doing this aaaaaaaaallllllllll over again, with no proven position coaches wanting to chance their careers by signing on with an unproven HC? Or say Carolina goes deep into the playoffs. Like the Rams did the year we hired the glorified car salesman. And he doesn’t have much of a chance to hire someone of note.

Fair question. I think the big difference will obviously be that Brady is proving himself as a play caller at the NFL level.

Whereas our guy was a freaking WR/QB coach…

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Cool. Cause this will most likely be the only thread questioning Zac. The threads blaming Burrow will most likely get out of control; but at least we have the one about Zac. 

Thanks for your contribution.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Thanks for your contribution.

To what? A thread wanting to replace Zac?

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: To what? A thread wanting to replace Zac?

I think it was implied that he meant “thanks for your contribution” to the thread.

Edit: didn’t see your edit.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:41 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I think it was implied that he meant “thanks for your contribution” to the thread.

Edit: didn’t see your edit.

I hope it was implied that I found a thread started about replacing Zac while complaining about the frequency of other type threads to be silly.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I hope it was implied that I found a thread started about replacing Zac while complaining about the frequency of other type threads to be silly.

He doesn’t like it when people complain about the o-line
Reply/Quote